Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Could do with a little help from the more "experienced" members.

I'm going away this weekend with a load of football mates. We're all going down to Newquay tomorrow for 2 nights. So...

Advice on packing etc. Jeans be alright for clubbing down there? Anyone who can tell me what its like down there with guidelines on shoes and trousers for nights out.

Anythin I might have forgotten for pranks on each other. Scissors, shavers etc already in the bag.

Cheers in advance

Don't tell me this should be in travel :p

Comments

• Options
    last time i went there ...about 30yrs ago ...i got arrested in a little village called indian queens ...for pissing on a copper and his car ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    last time i went there ...about 30yrs ago ...i got arrested in a little village called indian queens ...for pissing on a copper and his car ...

Hee!

Don't forget your toothbrush.

thank you!!! i'm here all week
  • Options
    Jeans, as long as they're sorta smart-ish, like not torn or worn-out, etc, should be fine for most of the clubs in Newquay...they're quite relaxed with the dress codes as far as I know. Trainers...depends on the place...and if it's a bar or nightclub.

2 tips -
    1. Barracuda Bar is fab
    2. Berties isn't...don't go there unless v v v v v hammered!

Have a fab time!
  • Options
    I usually go to Newquay for a few days in the summer with my mates every year.
    They're really relaxed with dress codes, jeans and trainers is fine for all the clubs I ever went in. Maybe wear some shoes if you're worried. If they're really packed, they're more likely to let you in if you're smartish. They're extremely lax on I.D. as well, which proved good 5 years ago when I was 15 but sucks now as half the clubs are full of 15-16yr olds.

As for clubs to go to..Sailors is popular, but not amazing, The Beach is quite cool with different levels and pretty good drinks deals. Walkabout is shit, but I've heard Tall Trees is good, although it's quite a walk and when I did walk there it looked kinda empty..maybe I went on the wrong night.
    Depends what kinda think you're into, theres a small bar by towan beach which has hip-hop/drum n bass/punk nights etc but gets really packed and you can barely move. Up at the other end of town is a huge Springbok which is quite cool. Think I remember it having boxing rings in it?!
    You should have a laugh wherever you go anyway. When the clubs shut alot of people go down to the beach in town. If you like smoking pot or whatever then it's an alright place to chill.

Where are you staying just out of interest?
  • Options
    Re: Advice
    Originally posted by Ego
    Could do with a little help from the more "experienced" members.

[ :p[/SIZE]
    listen to your mother ...change your underwear every day ...you never know who's gonna have to take them off.