Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Model Spotting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know it hasn't happened to any of you 'cause you're all ugly bastards, but you might know someone it's happened to and if so I need your help!

Anyone know like, anything about it? Is there's any point following it up? What's the likely-hood of it actually panning out? Etc, etc :/

Comments

• Options
    Re: Model Spotting
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    I know it hasn't happened to any of you 'cause you're all ugly bastards, but you might know someone it's happened to and if so I need your help!

Anyone know like, anything about it? Is there's any point following it up? What's the likely-hood of it actually panning out? Etc, etc :/
    airfix kits at cut prices this week in lidle.
  • Options
    Don't tell me you got spoted? Is it for a braille catalogue?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    if he's been spotted it's to model fancy dress outfits ...mr blobby ...gorrila outfits and stuff.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat

Naw, hivvy fur modellin' the men's underwear in yer maw's Ann Summers catalogue ya ranyin!
  • Options
    Re: Model Spotting
    I know it hasn't happened to any of you 'cause you're all ugly bastards
    :(
  • Options
    Re: Re: Model Spotting
    Originally posted by lipsy
    :(
    'all' ...excluded me of course. he always excludes me.
    so me ...looks like i have a future with anne summers ...maybe anne winters ok.
  • Options
    I got stopped once in London, then another time in Nottingham cos they wanted me to model for some tattoo/piercing place, hahah! I don't even have any mad piercings or tattoos! What a joke.

A pal of mine got randomly offered some modelling jobs & she's done a few shoots now [more to come] & has made a bit of dosh out of it. You've got nothing to lose, so why not?
  • Options
    Lemme see what you look like then? purlease.
  • Options
    Iv been 'spotted' by my mates mum.lol. But i was too scared to take it further. I get all embarrassed easily.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    You've got nothing to lose, so why not?

Just heard some dodgy stories about people being 'spotted' and being asked to pay a £200 odd registration fee and hearing nothing back. I know this one's legit though 'cause they were in a middle of a shoot when it happened. It's a long story :/
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Lemme see what you look like then? purlease.

Got no recent pics n I look totally diff from all the pics I've got 'cause my hair's diff etc.
  • Options
    Got no recent pics n I look totally diff from all the pics I've got 'cause my hair's diff etc.

But if you are good looking it will show in any pics :p. Just post one please.
  • Options
    I had some freak on faceparty that lives a few miles away offer me £10 a hour if i let him film me bursting balloons once, he was actually serious. he has a website selling dvds of girls doing it! what ever floats your boat :eek2:
  • Options
    Just heard some dodgy stories about people being 'spotted' and being asked to pay a £200 odd registration fee and hearing nothing back.

We've all heard those stories. But hopefully you're not stupid enough to hand over £200! I doubt you're supposed to be giving them any money anyway. If you know it's legit then go for it, I think it would be fun to do as well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    I was once spotted on CCTV and asked to attend a photoshoot at the local nick if that counts?

hehe You so funny ....:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    But if you are good looking it will show in any pics :p. Just post one please.
    click the 'www' ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    click the 'www' ;)

I did but dont see any pics...but then i am shattered.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    I was once spotted on CCTV and asked to attend a photoshoot at the local nick if that counts?
    unfortunately the only money in that is for thoise who habnd you in.
  • Options
    i got spotted once - they said i'd earn 31k a year.
    couldn't be arsed to be perfectly honest as to do what they wanted me to i wouldn't be able to go to college etc.

who were you spotted by?
  • Options
    I think you just have to wait for them to get in touch with you :yes:
  • Options
    When you go and have a chat with the agency as soon as they start mentioning u paying any type of fee forget it, even if they say its to pay for your portfolio. Any decent modelling agency would pay for all that for you!
  • Options
    i did modelling for my hairdressers a few times, did some pictures of me and my hair and that and i got free haircuts :D
  • Options
    Many famous people were spotted going about their normal Business and suddenly thrust into the limelight, Pamela Anderson at a sports match, Kate Moss on a plane, Claudi Schieffer at a nightclub.
  • Options
    thde ammount of rain and hail thats hit my bald head lately ...i could be a model ...for golf balls.
  • Options
    I was a child model, kinda went down hill from there. still waiting to hear from my agent actually.
  • Options
    Depends who you got spotted by. One of my mates got spotted at the big Topshop in London and not much came of it, just some photo shoots for girly magazines like J17, Bliss and Sugar.

Another one got spotted by quite a famous agency in Covent Garden and she's doing brilliantly. She's made buckets of money out of it and got to do some stuff for Calvin Klein.

Even if you get signed up though, it doesn't guarantee you any work. They'll have to make you a portfolio and all that shit and try to sell you to companies/magazines or whatever.

Good luck if it's what you wanna do.