Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

phone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my phone isn't working!i hate it when this happens,and i bet nick is worried because i haven't talked to him all day,he has my cell so no other way of calling anyone,and i am sick so can't get out and go fix it
sorry just needed to rant

Comments

• Options
    pay phone, land phone, telepathy
  • Options
    I get cross when my phone isn't working too, and when I have to fork out £20 to get it fixed when I'm getting a new one in about 2 weeks. :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    I get cross when my phone isn't working too, and when I have to fork out £20 to get it fixed when I'm getting a new one in about 2 weeks. :mad:

Here's a novel idea for you: live without it.

They have these things called landlines, y'see...
  • Options
    and lucky me I have 3/4phones to go back and use when one breaks :D
  • Options
    I hate it when my phone doesnt work, but i use the landline :p
  • Options
    and lucky me I have 3/4phones to go back and use when one breaks

Me too!:yes:
  • Options
    what i should have said is it is disconnected,i think it is because there was a wreck a little down the road,and i think they hit a pole.not sure when it will be cut back on though
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Here's a novel idea for you: live without it.

They have these things called landlines, y'see...

I needed it fixing because I had all my numbers saved to my phone and my phone wouldn't switch on. If it couldn't be fixed, I would've lost all my numbers.

I can hardly carry a land line around in my pocket. :p
  • Options
    I can hardly carry a land line around in my pocket.

I remember in the olden days my dad used to have a mobi that looked like it was connected to a 12 volt car battery.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    I remember in the olden days my dad used to have a mobi that looked like it was connected to a 12 volt car battery.

I remember the one from saved by the bell. :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    I had a Nokia 3210 phone once. I phoned the bank to see how much money I had, and there was nowt :(

The phone didn't survive.

Those 5110s were robust, though. Yeaaaah.

:eek: Poor poor phone.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    I can hardly carry a land line around in my pocket. :p

There's these things called Payphones:p
  • Options

Yeh, but it's easier to txt or ring from a mobile.

Let's just leave it at that eh. :mad: :p
  • Options

You must live in one of those areas where the painphones aren't broken, have smashed windows and/or graffiti and have piss puddles on the floor.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    You must live in one of those areas where the painphones aren't broken, have smashed windows and/or graffiti and have piss puddles on the floor.

...or he must live where there's actually a payphone in the near vacinity. :p

oh, and it's so much more convenient having a mobile phone. i wouldn't want to walk to the nearest pay phone at whatever time when it's raining and dark. :(
  • Options
    Does anyone know of a site where you can get Nokia help if your phone is stuffed?
    My hubbys old one (now mine) is a nokia photo one, its a big blue ugly thing.....but hey who am I to complain he gave it to me .......anyways it keeps saying not enough memory and to free some.......theres nowt on there hardly. also it wouldnt even let me read a text message the other day cos it said delete some stuff.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio

ey were posh in the north east yer know :D
  • Options
    unless you are lying there bleeding to death in the middle of nowhere where nobody else is for miles and miles around, is there really that big of need for a cell? Is there really something that you couldn't wait to "txt" or call your boyfriend or idiot acquantinces for an hour untill you can get to a different phone? Thats right, I didn't think so.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    unless you are lying there bleeding to death in the middle of nowhere where nobody else is for miles and miles around, is there really that big of need for a cell? Is there really something that you couldn't wait to "txt" or call your boyfriend or idiot acquantinces for an hour untill you can get to a different phone? Thats right, I didn't think so.

again it is not my cell that is not working,it is my house phone,the bill didn't get there in time or something like that,if i want back on now i have to go pay the bill tomorrow,i was worried because i normally talk to nick while he is on his breaks at work on my cell phone,which he carries to work so i can talk to him from my house phone,which isn't working. we had a little fight the night before and i was worried that he thought the reason i hadn't called him was that i was still mad at him,but when i was able to get to my sisters house and use her phone to call him he said he had been trying to call all day and it said it was dissconected.that is why i was so upset because nick is a manic depressive and if he thought i was mad at him,no telling what would happen,so i have good reason to be upset that my HOUSE phone isn't working. i can use my cell but only when nick gets home,which isn't until late. my mom was worried that something had happened to me or something and came over in a panic,i am always on the phone with someone and when i don't call them they begin to worry,as i am a manic depressive too,they worry that i might have gone and killed someone or myself,so the house phone is a very important aspect in my life when nick has my cell.