Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What am I doing wrong?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im always having problems accesing stuff ive downloaded, so what am I doing wrong?
I have downloaded autoroute and when I try to open it I get the message: autoroute.exe is not a valid win32 application.

So why is this happening ? and if im trying to download a programme should I be looking for something before I even try to download ? Obviously I know to check that its for my operating system windows 98 but anything else apart from that.

Thanks in advance.......thats if you have the balls to try and get me to understand, cos we all know im not too clever in this department :lol::lol:

Comments

• Options
    Is the application installed properly?

Also if you downloaded it from a dodgy site then theres not much chance it will work anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Is the application installed properly?

Also if you downloaded it from a dodgy site then theres not much chance it will work anyway.

Is it installed properly.......I dunno :lol:

I download it and it goes to my shared folder, what am i supposed to do then :lol: I thought you just right click it and then do sommat else lmao

I bet your thinking im stupid lmao, i aint got a fecking clue. Oh god your gonna regret giving me a reply :lol:

sorry :lol:

oops its from kazaa.......I do know that bit :p
  • Options
    Re: What am I doing wrong?
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Im always having problems accesing stuff ive downloaded, so what am I doing wrong?
    I have downloaded autoroute and when I try to open it I get the message: autoroute.exe is not a valid win32 application.

So why is this happening ? and if im trying to download a programme should I be looking for something before I even try to download ? Obviously I know to check that its for my operating system windows 98 but anything else apart from that.

Thanks in advance.......thats if you have the balls to try and get me to understand, cos we all know im not too clever in this department :lol::lol:
    sounds like you'll have to download it again. this happens to me sometimes and i never fully understand it ...i think you will find that re downloading it might well put things right.
  • Options
    Re: Re: What am I doing wrong?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    sounds like you'll have to download it again. this happens to me sometimes and i never fully understand it ...i think you will find that re downloading it might well put things right.

yeah but its every film i get and now this autoroute. The last time I downloaded autoroute it came with the same kind of thing :(

i hate computers cos I get all confuffled :(
  • Options
    Emmm let me think.

When you try to use it, make sure kazaa is closed and that nothing would be using the file, then double click it and see what happens.

When you download something, always look for a file called either:

setup.exe
    install.exe
    Or alternatively autoroute.exe

I recognise that win32 error but cant remember what it is and i bet its so simple, damn it.

Emm try all the usual checks like its compatible with your version of windows and you have the right hardware specification and stuff for it. Sorry i couldnt be more help.
  • Options
    kazaa is the dodgiest place on the net for downloading viruses and other dodgies. i won't go near it.
  • Options
    Cheers rudebuoy :D

rolly ive just got rid of kazaa and also a load of other crap. found i had 3 viruses, loads of spyware so thats it im not going on these places where I can get loads of crap.

Now its gonna cost a fortune to buy autoroute :(
  • Options
    Winmx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Winmx

I thought that was just for music ? or am i mixing it with something else ?
  • Options
    stop_it.gif