Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Packing up and moving on

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically...

I'm sick fed up of my current job. It sucks. Also, I'm fed up of the city I live in. It too sucks.

Now I've been thinking about moving on for a while, probably down to either Edinburgh, or down in England somewhere. But tonight I was talking to my mate, and he's thinking about getting a job abroad, and it's really got me thinking seriously about it.

I'm probably staying in the UK, but the job I work in, it'd be easy enough to get a transfer from to the same company but somewhere else. It'd do, for a start, till I find something else. I'm not sure about finances, but again, if I save for a few weeks, I'll have enough for a deposit/rent for a semi-decent place.

I'll miss my mates and stuff, but I'm just so fucking fed up of everything in my life justnow it seems like I've got to do something about it.

So, do you think it's gonna be that easy? Is there something glaringly obvious that I should be thinking about and I'm not? Is a fresh start the answer, because I'm absolutely fed up of this place, really.

Comments

• Options
    come to manchester :D

if you're fed up with where you are then yeah, moving somewhere else might be just what you need. new scene, new places to go out, new people.. like a fresh start!
    i would think it will be difficult at first. it might take you a while to make friends etc. but if it doesnt work out (although i'm sure it will) you can always go back home.
  • Options
    Let me come, too. I had the most BLAZING row ever with my Mum and I'm desperate to move out. I'm gonna stay with my sister, and Scott for a few days.

I'm so fed up. :crying: Raaah, I'm crying here too. Life's mince. I couldn't even leave tonight because she promised she'd never let me back into her life and that she'd leave herself. A few times I had to pull my Dad and her apart, urgh. Life is MINCE!!

:impissed:
  • Options
    im finding being at home quite hard as well. im used to being at uni with my mates and doing what i want. but here with my parents im treated like a child. i have to go by their rules and my mums constantly moaning at me to do stuff.

in the morning when i've got up and i'm in the shower, i come back out and she's been in my room and tidied it up. now that may not seem like a big deal but little things like that make it feel like its not my own and i dont have any privacy.
  • Options
    I've got my own flat here, working for myself, paying my own bills etc.

It's just I feel sort of stuck in a rut, it feels like an existence rather than a life.

Be nice to have a change and stuff, I want to do something with my life.
  • Options
    well is there anything you can do to change your life in dundee? do you feel stuck in a rut because of your job or maybe you are bored with social aspects?
  • Options
    If your bored with the lifestyle your living now then change it, move to Amsterdam or Paris, some place like that. You never know what might happen you, but that's what you want, isn't it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    well is there anything you can do to change your life in dundee? do you feel stuck in a rut because of your job or maybe you are bored with social aspects?

The job is pissing me off big time, and to be honest, the hours/wage mean I go out once a week, maximum.

But then it's more than that, I see so many people here that have been stuck in the same job/life/house for years, and it scares the shite out of me that I'd ever end up like that.

Not that there's anything wrong with it as such, I just wouldn't want that life for myself.

Everything here is just so average and just euch, a lot of shit has happened here that still gets to me, and I just feel like I need a fresh start, to sort of find out what's going on with my life.

Also, how exactly should I go about it? Like getting a job, place to stay, what should I look for first, where the hell would be a good place to go, etc?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    The job is pissing me off big time, and to be honest,
    I see so many people here that have been stuck in the same job/life/house for years, and it scares the shite out of me that I'd ever end up like that.

i think you only don't want to end up like thayt right now. one day you will but right now you got fire in your pants. your young and the adventorous side is giving your greyness a kicking.
    why be grey at your age ...plenty of time for that in the years to come.
    go for it ...do something.
    don't burn your bridges though ...biggest mistake most people seem to make in my experience. always have a away back home. always have some kind of anchor.
    in your job ...why not manchester ...new digs ...new faces ...before l,lnog new freinds ...
    you'd be mad not to ...
    when you get to my age ...most of the people i know didn't do it ...didn't take any chances ...stifled any creativity ...they are ok people but they seem to have too many regrets.
  • Options
    It's more than likely the job you need to change than anything else.

Being stuck in a shit job that you see going nowhere is a cause for so much more stress.

If you could find a different job you may find that other things improve around it.
  • Options
    Mist could be right there, what if you changed job and then met a new circle of friends.....is that an option ?
    If you really do want to move and get a new job then obviously think hard about it. You need to think about where you would go to and what the cost of living is like where you move to. Can you actually afford to move ? would you find suitable employment ?

Look at it from all angles and if a new life is what you really do want then go for it because if you dont your gonna be regretting it for the rest of your life. But just think about everything and dont rush in as you could make the wrong decision by rushing.

good luck in whatever you decide :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    from reading your LJ and stuff i do think that you should just try and find another job. after you do that and are still extremely unhappy then think about upping sticks to edinburgh or wherever. you have not been happy in your bingo house for months and it has been bringing you down alot.

seriously bri ... try and find something else workwise and then see about moving if youa re still unhappy :)