Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

17"s on a lowerd 60mm?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think some lads will get this.........:confused:

Does any one know if you can put 17"s on a lowered 60mm??? or will i have to roll the arches?? :mad: I dont wanna buy 17" if they dont fit coz i dont wanna roll the arch lip back???

Someone said have 15" or 16", but I have my heart set on some 17". Ive got a Nova 1.3sr.

Cheers!:)

Comments

• Options
    Re: 17"s on a lowerd 60mm?
    Originally posted by Briony
    I think some lads will get this.........:confused:

Does any one know if you can put 17"s on a lowered 60mm??? or will i have to roll the arches?? :mad: I dont wanna buy 17" if they dont fit coz i dont wanna roll the arch lip back???

Someone said have 15" or 16", but I have my heart set on some 17". Ive got a Nova 1.3sr.

Cheers!:)
    www.boyracer.com ...or something like that.
  • Options
    Re: Re: 17"s on a lowerd 60mm?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    www.boyracer.com ...or something like that.

All I asked was a simple question for fucks sake:mad: :mad: You didnt need to add a comment like that..... did you:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: 17"s on a lowerd 60mm?
    All I asked was a simple question for fucks sake:mad: :mad: You didnt need to add a comment like that..... did you:rolleyes:
    obviously i did.
    excuse me ...i'm the site retard.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: 17"s on a lowerd 60mm?
    obviously i did.

awwww poor rolly getting shouted at by newbie's........ :lol:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: 17"s on a lowerd 60mm?
    obviously i did.

Ive gatherd:rolleyes:

All Im sayin is though, you didnt have to add a comment like that. You could of just said nothing.....

Im sorry, but I get so wound up at people callin me a twat and stuff just cos I do cars up. Im not breaking the law. I aint a boyracer:mad: for a start Im a girl, and second I dont drive around like an idiot...... putting other peoples lifes at risk.

I only asked for some info.... theres no rules that says 'no car questions' I thought maybe some lads or girls might know.
  • Options
    Edited because what I originally wrote was answered above!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 17"s on a lowerd 60mm?
    I aint a boyracer:mad: for a start Im a girl

Girlracer? :p Try PMing a user called 'hellfire', I think his sister's boyfriend messes around with cars and he seems to know a bit about it. He's on here most of the time so I doubt he'll take long getting back to you :)
  • Options
    I understand that you only came for an answer, and that you didn't come to hear my opinion, and that nobody made me post... However, people who modify cars are the lowest forms of life on this Earth.
  • Options
    At the end of the day, you can't polish shit. Why try?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Your all very nasty people :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    awwww poor rolly getting shouted at by newbie's........ :lol:

Poor old fart that he is.....I bet he's shitting in his boots :lol::lol:
  • Options
    firstly don't bother trying it.. 17ishes on a nova looks stupid.. very stupid specially if it's lowered you might need to roll the arches..

thats an educated guess.. I hate nova's so I stay away from the heap of junk.
  • Options
    Ive gatherd:rolleyes:

All Im sayin is though, you didnt have to add a comment like that. You could of just said nothing.....

Im sorry, but I get so wound up at people callin me a twat and stuff just cos I do cars up. Im not breaking the law. I aint a boyracer:mad: for a start Im a girl, and second I dont drive around like an idiot...... putting other peoples lifes at risk.

I only asked for some info.... theres no rules that says 'no car questions' I thought maybe some lads or girls might know.
    now listen here young man ...i haven't called you a twat ...yet. in fact i haven't been the slightest bit rude.
    i merely made a suggestion as to where one might get a more informative answer ...it makes you come across as a dullard asking this load of bozos which nuts fit which bolts ...ya twat!
  • Options
    If you ever tried to do a search, in an attempt to find the answer that you were looking for, which you should have done, then you already would have realized how low and hated car mod crap is on this site. then you could have saved yourself the embaressement and unnecessary hostility of this thread. calm, chick.
  • Options
    Re: 17"s on a lowerd 60mm?

Don't even bother.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Capacity
    I understand that you only came for an answer, and that you didn't come to hear my opinion, and that nobody made me post... However, people who modify cars are the lowest forms of life on this Earth.

:lol:

seriuosly though ... what exactly is the point of modifying cars like that?
  • Options
    Be nice! Just because she's into something that you all don't like, but Briony, lots of people don't like this topic, maybe you could PM about it instead.

Leely
  • Options
    Originally posted by leely
    Be nice! Just because she's into something that you all don't like, but Briony, lots of people don't like this topic, maybe you could PM about it instead.

Leely

yeah but she's a newbie so she doesn't know who to pm about it. and just because a few people don't like the post doesn't mean others don't.. I like modifying cars and bikes and I know several others do just because people don't like the subject doesn't mean they have to curse and she can't discuss it.. the people who don't like it don't have to read it,

Ok... so what happens when someone asks advice on a diffrent more serious matter but loads of people don;'t like the topic... does that mean she can't ask for the advice.. I think not..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    I like modifying cars and bikes

enough said:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by solid_L
    enough said:p

:( I know.. i know.. *bows head in shame*

I may like to mod cars but I ain't know townie/chav scum
  • Options
    and just because a few people don't like the post doesn't mean others don't..

i dont think its the fact they dont like the post, its more like they were taking the piss out of the idea.........do you not think ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    i dont think its the fact they dont like the post, its more like they were taking the piss out of the idea.........do you not think ?

Oh.. it's posible.. I've sene a nova with 18"s on it.. it was fucking ugly..:(

but so any nova is ugly.. and she was just curious.. she might have a weird thing for novas with 17"s on them..... god knows how but she might..

:)
  • Options
    Oh.. it's posible.. I've sene a nova with 18"s on it.. it was fucking ugly..:(

but so any nova is ugly.. and she was just curious.. she might have a weird thing for novas with 17"s on them..... god knows how but she might..

:)

Graeme but your like a boy racer in his little suped (i still cant spell that word eek) up car. the majority of people here like to drive or be a passenger in a decent car..........thats the difference :p
  • Options
    Graeme but your like a boy racer in his little suped (i still cant spell that word eek) up car. the majority of people here like to drive or be a passenger in a decent car..........thats the difference :p

I don't have a car.. and If i got a suped up car it would to use on race days like they do at branhatch or snetition (can't spell)

I just like tuned up cars.. nothing wrong with it..
  • Options
    branhatch or snetition (can't spell)

I know :p

neither can i :lol:
  • Options
    I know :p

neither can i :lol:

Look im drowsy as it is.. please don't mock me:crying:
  • Options
    Oh, come on leely.

You can't come on a message board, ask how to modify a Vauxhall Nova, and not expect to have the mickey taken.

Why would ANYONE want to lower a Vauxhall Nova :confused:
  • Options
    And Hellfire, the circuits you were trying to name are Brands Hatch in Kent and Snetterton in East Anglia.

I like Snetterton.
  • Options
    Some cars look alrite done up, but a nova? :eek2:
  • Options
    Where I live, to be called a snetter is like being called a cunt. Ask Shellz.

[/random fact]

I'd say we (people with sensible-looking cars) get a great deal of pride out of smoking someone on the motorway who's wasted three grand and two years on moding their cars. So I apologise for my inconvenient comment, because it's people with cars like yours that can seriously make me feel like a fucking king on the road.