Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

End of the summer?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey I've been looking outside and compared to a month or two ago the weather recently has been crap!! Do you think the sun's going to come back? It seems to be a bit cruel especially since the school summer holidays have just started :p.

BBC Weather Centre

Leicester, United Kingdom

Temperature
Max: 17 °C
Min: 12 °C

Wind Speed: 9

:( sigh.

eta: fix link

Comments

• Options
    My mum never puts the heating on between May - September but she has it on today. Trust me, it has to be freezing before she'll break with tradition like this!

I want the summer back!! :(

Pssst. Link doesn't work!
  • Options
    I've had the heating on too! :(

I think the sun will come back. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    I've had the heating on too! :(

I think the sun will come back. :D

The sun technically has not gone away, cos like we are orbiting the whole time :p Its just covered up by clouds!
  • Options
    i'm glad i like the rain, or i would be very disappointed coming over
  • Options
    oh but the weather is just lovely today, as it has been for quite a while... sunny, 80ish degrees, cool breeze... not to bad at all :p
  • Options
    Go to baghdad then. I think its abit warmer there. only just mind....;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/middle_east/index.shtml
  • Options
    The weather has been quite bad over the past week-especially with the storms last week.
    I hope the sun comes out for at least some of the summer but i hope it doesn't get as hot as it did last yr, as that was just unbearable!
  • Options
    End of the summer?

Come off it, a few days of shite weather doesn't mean we're suddenly spiralling into the depths of winter. Especially since we're not even half way through July yet.
  • Options
    I want the sun to come out, i hate the cold weather!
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    End of the summer?

Come off it, a few days of shite weather doesn't mean we're suddenly spiralling into the depths of winter. Especially since we're not even half way through July yet.

True. Last summer was similar too if you remember, kicked in fairly late but was continuous sun on the main part later on in August.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    True. Last summer was similar too if you remember, kicked in fairly late but was continuous sun on the main part later on in August.

Happy birthday by the way! :birthday:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay

Yea but it was never really warm again was it? :confused: Was sunny but kinda chilly. The time for shorts seems to have come and gone :(
  • Options
    this summer has been a disaster for quite a few organic farmers in my world.
    brilliant spring ...warm sunny and regular showers ...the full on heatwave ...brilliant!
    then all down hill with almost endless rain and hot muggy weather ...hail storms ...gales ...more fucking rain.
    my greens are fucked ...fucked that bad i've put my wellies away.
    time yet for a nice summer but no time to replant ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Yea but it was never really warm again was it? :confused: Was sunny but kinda chilly. The time for shorts seems to have come and gone :(

It was sunny non stop for weeks straight here :confused:
    I spent weeks of the holidays wearing 3 quarter lengths and t shirts, didn't put my jumper on for ages...