Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Broody for a house

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else ever feel like this?

I've done living with friends and I'm done living with the parents, I just really want my OWN house, with all my own decorating and my own rules. I want a kitchen which will stay clean until I make it dirty and I want to be able to live by my own rules!

How would your ideal house look?

Comments

• Options
    Yes but I cant afford it. And Hello <3
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    we hear you ...theres a recue party ....
  • Options
    nice_hous.jpg
  • Options
    Ah a place of my own if only they were free.

My ideal place would be a penthouse apartment over looking the Thames or somewhere similar. It's got to be urban possible an old warehouse converted to apartments.

The decor would have to be contemporary with a certain design flair to it:yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    nice_hous.jpg

Aye, yours would be pink.

Homo :razz:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    nice_hous.jpg

Are they sucking willies? :|
  • Options
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    It would look like ours :D

However, since we've been building flat pack stuff for a week, it is a bit of a bombsite. As soon as we've finished, I'm going to sit on the sofa and admire our handiwork with a cup of tea *nods*

that is always the best bit of building flat pack furniture. when it is finished and you can sit and look at it and feel proud :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*

Hello! :) How are you?

Was a little drunk last night. Spent the night with a friend whose parents have just bought her a brand new house - so not fair!
  • Options
    I have a house. It's a pain sometimes, but then sometimes it is quite nice :D

I have just made a table for one of the rooms so I can put a train set in it. It is my first thing that I have made. It is quite good making things, even though it took ages.

Most things about a house seem to take ages, then, once they are done, you start over again, so having a house gives you an endless stream of things to do. :D
  • Options
    Trouble with houses these days is they're so expensive, it makes you wonder whether there's really point in buying. I guess it is a lot better to own your own home but how is it possible when you're having to pay rent and the already ridiculous house prices keep on increasing?

And, yes, you can carry on living with your parents or someone who is willing to keep you to save money but that doesn't count and anyway, you can't do that forever
  • Options
    Originally posted by will haycock

And, yes, you can carry on living with your parents or someone who is willing to keep you to save money but that doesn't count and anyway, you can't do that forever

It's not really a case of saving money, more like just not having it start with :)

I think most people would love to have their own home, unfortunately for first time buyers/younger people round here (nottinghamshire) it's impossible unless you're on mega bucks. Most houses in my village are £160,000 on average, it's very rare they come up for any less. If they do they only have 1 bedroom so you can't even share with a friend.