Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

'Insurance' offers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
ahoy there all,
quick query as to whther folk put any unis/courses down as 'insurance' in case they didnt get into their target. How many d'ye reckon ye should have. Also does anyone know of anywhere that won't laugh at your pain with anything less than AAB for law. cheers y'all.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    AAB for law is a high offer- I got an offer of ABC from Durham, which I accepted. Though that was three years ago.

If you don't mind studying Scots Law rather than English law then Aberdeen is an excellent university. The nightlife isd wonderful, the city is beautiful, and the department is one of the best in the country. Low offers though, because it is a long way to Aberdeen.

Insurance offers are a good idea if there is a second choice you are quite keen on, because it means you don't have to go through the stress of Clearing. But if there is nothing that takes your fancy then don't- you are tied in to an Insurance offer if you meet the grades for it, unless they are kind enough to release you.
    cheers, yo
    I know Manchester metropolitian is offering law at BBC...But got told they only accepted those with high predicted grades

Its best to only put insurance choices which you would actually be interested in going to. Dont put them down for the sake of putting them down. Only if your prepared to go to it.

Hope that helps :)