Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Postal acount..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok.. I get alot of packages off of people from the net and some who want to send me packages I don't really want to give my home address to.

Now is there anyway I can set up an acount were packages can be sent to and I can pick them up from?

I'm... quite confused about it so any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    I don't know how or why you get packages from people but surely if you can't trust them with your address you surely shouldn't be communicating or getting things from them :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    I don't know how or why you get packages from people but surely if you can't trust them with your address you surely shouldn't be communicating or getting things from them :confused:

It's just certain people I trust but not completely.. Like someone offered to send me a copy of a game but I don't know them very well and also use it for stuff I order off of the net etc..
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Can't you get a P.O box or something? Like, you take your key, go to the post office, open up the locker and see if there's something new inside?
  • Options
    Oo does anyone know how to do that?
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Silviena
    Try the post office?

Thank you.
  • Options
    You could set up a PO Box, but it'll cost you. About £50-60 per year, and double that if you want automatic forwarding to your home address. Does it make you anonymous? No, because anybody can request your address from the Post Office - this is to prevent scamming.
    I don't know any way of making your address anoymous. The only thing you could do is have a friend recieve parcels on your behalf.
    I can't imagine what you've got to hide though, unless you're ordering stuff you don't want anyone else to know about, like The Buttmaster Penetrator 3000 from www.buggerytoys.com
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    You could set up a PO Box, but it'll cost you. About £50-60 per year, and double that if you want automatic forwarding to your home address. Does it make you anonymous? No, because anybody can request your address from the Post Office - this is to prevent scamming.
    I don't know any way of making your address anoymous. The only thing you could do is have a friend recieve parcels on your behalf.
    I can't imagine what you've got to hide though, unless you're ordering stuff you don't want anyone else to know about, like The Buttmaster Penetrator 3000 from www.buggerytoys.com

No.. it's not that just don't trust someppeople a 100%
  • Options
    Graeme, your not doing out dodgy are you ?
  • Options
    You do realise how on top posting about recieving strange packages on the net is don't you?

And if its game copies you're after, fork out for a decent connection and get them off torrent or dc. Sheesh.