Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

something really weird happened last night

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was sleeping, as most people do, and all of a sudden I woke up, my eyes just burst open and there was this thin, old hand moving towards my face. It looked kind of holographic, almost see-through you know?

it really creeped me out and i wasnt going to say anything to anyone as i kind of dont want to admit that it happened. it really scared me though as i know i wasnt dreaming; i woke up in the middle of a dream when it happened, and that dream was about going out for my cousin's birthday so it was nothing relative.

I had the quilt pulled right up to my chin so when i saw it sort of screamed and flung the quilt up over my face and just before my eyes were completed covered i saw it vanish.

it was really horrible. weird things have been going on in this house recently, but not as weird as that, it really did scare me.

has anything like that ever happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    omg scared me just hearin about it:nervous:
  • Options
    Never had anything like that happen to me :no: and i hope i dont, that sounds horrible!
  • Options
    creepy! :S One time I thought a chair was getting closser and closser to me every time I opened my eyes and all I wanted to do was sleep and that I had a patterned bed spread but I was tripping so I don't think it really counts. Next time you should try and shake hands with it. Maybe its just lonley.
  • Options
    our friends used to live in this house before the people who we bought it off did, and she finishes work at 2.30 so im going to give her a call in a bit and try and find out who lived here before they did.

its horrible though as i hate being in this house on my own as it is, i have a really horrid feeling here. anyway, i'll let you know if i find anything out about what went on before we were here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    Next time you should try and shake hands with it. Maybe its just lonley.

well stuffs happened before and i was talking to a friend about it, and the things that were going on all led to me feeling like something was protecting me, looking out for me like.
    i hate being alone in the house, and i was on my own and i was on the phone to my partner and i was crying, saying i could hear something and i couldnt remember if id locked the door or not, but i was too scared to go and check, and after id said that i heard the door handle being pushed down and pulled as if someone was checking it was locked for me. which was fucked me right up, butthinking about it it was a nice idea, but last night wasnt nice
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    ooh ... scary :crazyeyes

one time i was at my grans house in london (its an old house) and i was asleep in a room on my own and i woke up in the middle of the night. i looked towards the door and i was sure that there was a young girl trying to open the door (from my side of the door). as she failed to open it she noticed me and went behind the chair to hide.

it was really bizarre and really freaked me out. i didnt sleep the rest of the night. not nice.
  • Options
    You can quite offten see things when you wake up in the nite, you can also hear noises to. It's nothing, just your brain steping down a gear then stepping back up one when you wake.
  • Options
    You're all scaring me with your ghost stories! :(
  • Options
    QUICK CALL TEH GHOSTBUSTARS!!!!111
  • Options
    lmao.

You saw fuck all. Sorry.
  • Options
    i have had tons of stuff happened to me in the apts i used to live in when i was younger,there had been a lot of people who had died there and stuff,very freaky
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Something similar happened to me once, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't sleep paralysis. I woke up after having slept well, stayed on my side for a couple of seconds then turned to face up. I saw an almost transparent figure standing by the bed, and moving its arms in the air above me as if "scanning" for something.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    QUICK CALL TEH GHOSTBUSTARS!!!!

The. It's too easy of a word to spell and type to mess up :(
  • Options
    The. It's too easy of a word to spell and type to mess up :(

Please, please be joking.
  • Options
    Sounds scary, but many have told me that halluniations are common when inbetween sleep and wake..... Wouldnt want to see it myself tho
  • Options
    Please, please be joking.

Well it is about as funny and amusing as spelling the incorrectly. So I could be, I could be not.
  • Options
    Well it is about as funny and amusing as spelling the incorrectly. So I could be, I could be not.

Where in the Kiezo Book of Funny does it say spelling 'the', 'teh' is funny and/or amusing? While you're at it, see if there's anythign for 'Ghostbustars'.
  • Options
    Where in the Kiezo Book of Funny does it say spelling 'the', 'teh' is funny and/or amusing? While you're at it, see if there's anythign for 'Ghostbustars'.

No. Probably won't be doing that. But thanks for the suggestion. Maybe tomorrow.
  • Options
    sounds like one of 'daves' mates.