Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Argh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The politics and debate forum is scary, all these people trying to force their opinions onto you and have no respect for anyone elses.:nervous:

They don't enjoy life as we do!!

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Argh
    Originally posted by solid_L
    The politics and debate forum is scary, all these people trying to force their opinions onto you and have no respect for anyone elses.:nervous:

i agree sometimes. i dont tend to go in there very often as i get scared and struggle to formulate arguments. however, there is a thread in there at the moment that i am interested i so i am only in there looking at that just now.

but yes ... i see where you are coming from :)
  • Options
    People have different views, thats where people visit to argue their views, if you don't like it don't go in there then.
  • Options
    No you get me wrong, its just all scary people trying to force their opinions on people, everytime i go in there I find people believing they can't be wrong
  • Options
    It's all about views, how can someone's view be wrong in their eyes?
  • Options
    Re: Argh
    Originally posted by solid_L

Tell em all to 'Naff Off' that'll shut them up :D

Oh that includes me cos I go there :lol:

Tara :D
  • Options
    *yawn*

Heard it all before.

The key is in the title "debate". In a debate people try to convince the other that they are right.

If you want to deal with the braindead go and play in sex.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    *yawn*

Heard it all before.

The key is in the title "debate". In a debate people try to convince the other that they are right.

If you want to deal with the braindead go and play in sex.

You seem in a harsh mood tonight mr. Although you are kinda right.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    "You can neither agree nor disagree with someone if you don't understand why they have the opinion that they have." (From my signature).
    If only people tried to follow that... :( the world could be so much better.
  • Options
    I dont go in there, i understand what people are saying, but i jsut dont like the thought of people getting angry lol.
  • Options
    I cant be bothered to go in there. I like a good debate esp about politics. (feels sad) But i cant be bothered to argue and argue and search the internet for evidence etc.
  • Options
    You don't have to trawl the internet for evidence. You just have to explain why you think something.

It's not a difficult thing or an unreasonable thing to do. You don't have to go into great deal, just say more than "I think the Euro is bad because it is bad".
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    You don't have to trawl the internet for evidence. You just have to explain why you think something.

It's not a difficult thing or an unreasonable thing to do. You don't have to go into great deal, just say more than "I think the Euro is bad because it is bad".

Im the kind of person who wont back down, so if i say something i will carry on arguing and arguing etc. So im not going to even start.
  • Options
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    Im the kind of person who wont back down, so if i say something i will carry on arguing and arguing etc.

That's what most people are like in that board lol. ;)

Na, I'm not saying I don't enjoy debates etc. (sad aren't I) but they seem to take it on for pages and pages and they aren't going to change each others opinions - no matter how hard they try!

I'm not saying I'm brain dead or whatever: and I wouldn't say people are brain dead in the sex forum (just because you ain't gonna get any in a long time :P jk) but it all gets very heavy after a while!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    It's a shame that the The Politics & Debate forum is often ruined by few hardcore political posters taking every chance to insult each other with big words. They forget the age range that this site is aimed at. It gets boring.

I read a lot but post very rarely. The only people's views I find actually intresting are the posters who frequent other forums. I think those die hard political posters are pretty sad.

Personally - I'd much rather just chill with the crew in Drugs.
    Weekender Offender