Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

donnie darko

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
wow i actually found the true meaning of the film

watched it sooo much, but i found a full explanation
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yay! thankyou
    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
    I love that film
  • Options
    I don't really think that is right tbh. When Donnie is talking to the teacher Donnie (I think) say's something about a path that everyone takes and that God chooses one for you. I think it shows you the path that God chose for him and the life path that he could of been given.
  • Options
    By the way, where did you find the plot text?
  • Options
    i had it on my computer i done a search on google ages back and i wasnt actually looking for that, but it came up and i thought WOW

what i dont get still though is he sees the aeroplane where the egnine comes form at the end.. very confusing but good

and gretchen = cute :naughty:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Best movie of all times...
    I don't agree completely with this analysis. I actually have a theory which explains everything except one thing: How Frank as a ghost woke Donnie, since if he hadn't he'd never become a ghost. I'm too lazy to type it, though.
    Gretchen = cute, I totally agree.
  • Options
    Yeah she is kinda sweet I spose, Donnie's sister is better tho :yum:. You can see more of her in the cast interviews in the extras. P.s, here's the Donnie Darko

Easter Egg
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
  • Options
    personally I've always rated the offical website, especially for the conversation about missing aircraft engines.

offical donnie site
  • Options
    I'm not reading this thread yet as I will be watchin DD in teh next two weeks but I will def download your stuff wheres my placebo. My brain took a bashing from fight club so what this will do god knows!
  • Options
    Fight Club is a terrible film, it makes no sense at all.

But, back to Donnie, I quite liked it, but, well I did think it was self indulgent crap in terms of the "deeper meaning", its deep in terms of teen agnst poetry is deep.
  • Options
    Fight Club is a great film, it makes perfects sense :p
  • Options
    The twist at the end is un-guessable because its stupid.

You've got to accept that he has all these followers even though he has extended conversations with himself while they are there and does things like fight himself in the street.

Tripe.
  • Options
    Identity is good.
  • Options
    my review of donnie darko: :confused: :nervous: :chin: :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    my review of donnie darko: :confused: :nervous: :chin: :(

haha. Me too! I watched it the other night with a load of lads and only one got it. He was trying to explain it to us but I just couldnt understand at all. I really liked the film though!

I think I'll be downloading that text thing and then watching it again :D
  • Options
    I love this film, but everyone ive ever watched it with never understood it. :confused: :eek2:

Gretchin = Hot
    Donnie = Even hotter
  • Options
    some films aren't meant to be understood.
    that's the beauty of them!
    does everything need to have an explanation?
    the world would be a boring place if everything had an answer to it. but obviously that's never going to happen.
    i don't think the intention of these films were for you to go on the internet looking for your answers!! they're meant to leave you wondering.. not making a trip to google.com.
    use your imagination.

ahem.
  • Options
    I''m going to be the odd one out here and say I really did not like the film - I mean my family got the DVD ages ago coz they said it was suppose to be really good and when I watched it with them.... have to say I was really disappointed in it.

The story was dead, felt there was no meaning to it and it just dragged :eek2:
  • Options
    If you read my post you will know that I wasnt a great fan of it either.

It just smacked of trying to be really deep, even though plainly it was some crap idea thought up in about 2 mins.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    If you read my post you will know that I wasnt a great fan of it either.

It just smacked of trying to be really deep, even though plainly it was some crap idea thought up in about 2 mins.

Ahhh sorry, must of missed your post... did you not say you still quiet liked it anyway?

Anyways, you described it perfectly there :yes:
  • Options
    Well I didnt think it was terrible, visually it was quite good, the plot was just crap.
  • Options
    Blimey me and the bro were quite confused-we thought he had to be killed so as to save his friends/family-like gretchen etc. Thats why he turned back time and went back to bed to be killed. BUt readin the plot I dowloaded makes more sense-I didn't even think about divin intervention-but even so-why did it all happen then-I mean would he not have been there in bed in the first time if frank hadnt called him out?!

Anyways I enjoyed the film (esp as I never knew noah wyle was in it-pleasent surprise!) and will no doubt atch it again to try to get some of the things i missed!