Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

the libertines

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Well for any other libs fans out there who haven't heard the new album (the imaginitvely titles 'the libertines') I thought I'd inform you that while its good its a long way short of my expectations after Up the Bracket!

Some of the better songs (can't stand me now, music when the lights go out) have been spoiled by stupid echoey production stuff - as for the rest while there's nothing bad about it there's nothing life changing either. It seems as if they just couldn't transform the live stuff into decent studio material.

After the sheer genius(!!!!!!) of Up the Bracket I'm a little dissapointed - but then again after the troubles of the last couple of years I suppose its hardly suprising.

Best songs (after a quick listen) - the man who would be king, last post on the bugle, campaign of hate + what became of the likely lads.

Hoping that its gonna grow on me after more listens!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Your mini-review is quite helpful.

Perhaps you could post a full track-list for me if you found yourself with nothing to do on a rainy day? That would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Yeah no probs

1) Can't stand me now
    2) Last post on the bugle
    3) Don't be shy
    4) The Man who would be king
    5) Music when the lights go out
    6) Narcisst
    7) The Ha Ha Wall
    8) Arbeit Macht Frei
    9) Campaign of Hate
    10) What katie did
    11) Tomblands
    12) the saga
    13) Road to ruin
    14) what became of the likely lads
  • Options
    Hasnt their lead singer just gone into rehab for drug addiction, thats what I heard on Today this morning.
  • Options
    Probably, wouldn't suprise me - he's been in priory twice in the last month and some special addiction treatment monastry in Thailand and legged it from all of them.
  • Options
    And more interestingly they've kicked the lead singer of the Pogues out because of his drinking!
  • Options
    what a waster

(badum chhhhh ;) )