Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Proud to be British?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You should be very PROUD to be British because...

Only in Britain... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

Only in Britain... do supermarkets make sick people walk all the way to the back of the shop to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

Only in Britain... do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a DIET coke.

Only in Britain... do banks leave both doors open and chain the pens to the counters.

Only in Britain... do we leave cars worth thousands of pounds on the drive and lock our junk and cheap lawn mower in the garage.

Only in Britain... do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

Only in Britain... are there disabled parking places in front of a skating rink.

NOT TO MENTION...

3 Brits die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.

142 Brits were injured in 2002 by not removing all pins from new shirts.

58 Brits are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers.

31 Brits have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in.

19 Brits have died in the last 3 years believing that Christmas decorations were chocolate.

British Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after cracker pulling accidents.

101 people since 1999 have had broken parts of plastic toys pulled out of the soles of their feet.

18 Brits had serious burns in 2000 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.

A massive 543 Brits were admitted to A&E in the last two years after opening bottles of beer with their teeth.

5 Brits were injured last year in accidents involving out of control Scalextric cars.

and finally.........

In 2001 eight Brits cracked their skull whilst throwing up into the toilet.

Makes you soooooo proud don't it?!?!

God Save The Queen....and Prince Charles when they're pulling crackers at Christmas.
________
Live Sex Webshows
________
NastyMan

Comments

• Options
    I can die from testing a battery on my tongue? That's quite scary
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Jim V
    I can die from testing a battery on my tongue? That's quite scary
    That's what I was going to ask. I used to do that, when I was about 6.

But R&S, if you think all those things happen only in Britain you're long asleep...
  • Options
    :crazyeyes
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by *TiNK*

thats the reply i was going to make. i think it sums up this thread perfectly :p

• Options
    3 Brits die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.

You can DIE from that!!:eek2: omg how many times have i done that before!
  • Options
    Re: the battery

Someone I know emptied the black stuff from an industrial battery and snorted it like coke. Obviously he isn't a friend... but he isn't dead. I'm not quite sure how he isn't dead though!
  • Options
    ha ha, my dad made me do that battery thing when i was 12. never again!
  • Options
    wow...cool:)
  • Options
    I dunno how a 9v battery could kill you. 9v aint much, neither is the current.

Maybe if you put it on your tongue, got a shock, then swallowed it by mistake...

:eek:
  • Options
    Maybe if you put it on your tongue, got a shock, then swallowed it by mistake...

Lol thats got to be it :lol:

I remember in science lessons when we made circuits we all used to put those batterys on your tongue, we even tried to complete the circuits using our tongues :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Re: the battery

Someone I know emptied the black stuff from an industrial battery and snorted it like coke. Obviously he isn't a friend... but he isn't dead. I'm not quite sure how he isn't dead though!

oh my god. and i thought i knew some people who did extremly retarded stuff!

on another note, the puking/toilet one makes me laugh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    :no:

I'm not British.. I'm English

:yes: i agree!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor

But R&S, if you think all those things happen only in Britain you're long asleep...

Don't blame me, blame the guy who started the e-mail :p
    ________
    Abrielle cam
    ________
    How to roll a blunt
  • Options
    Re: Proud to be British?
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne

Only in Britain... do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a DIET coke.

:lol:
    I hate it when people say this, I prefer diet coke and u cant order a diet burger so why not skip some calories somewhere grrrrrrr

:p
  • Options
    i'm not british.....and even if i was i would be ashamed.......*remembers when she was born and now feels ashamed*
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    i'm not british.....and even if i was i would be ashamed.......*remembers when she was born and now feels ashamed*
    your just asking to get flamed there.... :rolleyes:
    sometimes its best to just keep your trap shut.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    :no:

I'm not British.. I'm English
    I'm not an Earthling, I'm Eurpoean.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm proud. :)
  • Options
    good thing you're in Spain then :rolleyes:

i am british i.e. thats what it says on my pastport, though i am not proud of it one bit.

and no i will not keep my trap shut, if i've got something to say i will say it. i honestly don't give a rats arse if i offend people this is my opinon, and i have a right to be heard just as much as the next person.
  • Options
    i am british i.e. thats what it says on my pastport, though i am not proud of it one bit.

and no i will no keep my trap shut, if i've got something to say i will say it. i honestly don't give a rats arse if i offend people this is my opinon, and i have a right to be heard just as much as the next person.

good for you.
  • Options
    Re: Proud to be British?
    Only in Britain... do supermarkets make sick people walk all the way to the back of the shop to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
    In the supermarkets near me, the pharmacie section is as you walk in the door, slightly infront, and to the right of the cigarette counter. :p

Anyway, most sick people go to the doctors, and then to the chemist to get their presciption.

I'm sure you could dig up retarded facts about any other country too. (Yes twisted_trinity, that does include Spain.) So yes, I'm proud to be british. ;)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Proud to be British?
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    In the supermarkets near me, the pharmacie section is as you walk in the door, slightly infront, and to the right of the cigarette counter. :p

Anyway, most sick people go to the doctors, and then to the chemist to get their presciption.

I'm sure you could dig up retarded facts about any other country too. (Yes twisted_trinity, that does include Spain.) So yes, I'm proud to be british. ;)

you have to have your helmet on your bike, but you don't have to wear it....

:lol:
  • Options
    Did I tell you to?
    no i did...
  • Options
    Whos been drinking to much Buckfast then?

TBH, if you were on a diet you wouldn't go into McDonalds really. Diet Coke Don't taste the same as fat Coke plus it has less sugar (which is obvious) and slightly less caffeine.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Proud to be British?

It was an e-mail Emily, you think I googled for all of them or something? :p
    ________
    Roll A Joint
    ________
    AVANDIA LAWYER
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Proud to be British?
    It was an e-mail Emily, you think I googled for all of them or something? :p
    I know that, Craig. I was referring to the 'average person' when I said 'you' - not you personally. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ego
    I dunno how a 9v battery could kill you. 9v aint much, neither is the current.

or maybe if you had a pacemaker, and the current caused it to stop ;)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Proud to be British?
    I know that, Craig. I was referring to the 'average person' when I said 'you' - not you personally. :p

Good :(
    ________
    Side Effects From Prilosec
    ________
    Roxy20
  • Options

and no i will not keep my trap shut, if i've got something to say i will say it. i honestly don't give a rats arse if i offend people this is my opinon, and i have a right to be heard just as much as the next person.

You might as well go to a nazi convention dressed in typical Yom Kippur dress.
  • Options

Don't post in my thread again.
    ________
    LIVERATEDsexTIUTOR69
    ________
    Washington Dispensaries