Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Cars, Dogs and Radios

White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
Isn't it weird how dogs always stick their head out of car windows? :confused:

on a different note, does anyone know how to remove the factory fitted radio from an m reg ford fiesta? ph34r.gif

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    go to a car shop and they will remove it for you and stick in the new one :yes: yes i'm of no help
  • Options
    I've never removed a stereo from a Fiesta but normally you need a special tool to stick in two small holes on the front of the stereo. This then unlocks it so you can slide it out. A metal coat hanger should work instead. Its what I used on a Corsa. Fitting is sometimes free when you buy a new stereo so that might be eaiser.
  • Options
    Re: Cars, Dogs and Radios
    Originally posted by White Noise

on a different note, does anyone know how to remove the factory fitted radio from an m reg ford fiesta? ph34r.gif

the hayes manual should tell you, if not.....it may be key coded which i think so most likely with and M reg. one you can get the front off, you ahve to have a special little key to get the rest out if i remember....but it's easier to take it to the car radio shop and get them to take it out for you....
  • Options
    Re: Cars, Dogs and Radios

they like to feel the air on their face, particularly their nose. :yes:

take it out? :confused:
  • Options
    gah... to remove a stereo all you need are the Stereo pins

To lil holes/slots on each side of the stereo (might have to move the face/front if it's a removeavble secirity one) and slit to stero pins which will help remove it,

Unless if your talking about the built in ones like in the corsa's I'm not sure,

check the car manual or with a eletronics garadge, I could ask my sis bf he use to fit stereo's

A coat hanger might work if there thin pins but some are flat like pin shapes,

To fit a radio it's a peace of piss, all new wires on stero's or cars are colour coded, can do it with eyes shut, or manual will tell you how to do it,
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    ...cars are colour coded, can do it with eyes shut...
    if there colour coded you need to keep your eyes open...
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    fankoo kindly for all your replies :yes:

i found some suspicious holes underneath the radio with two rubber stopper things in. fit a coat hanger in and gave it a good pokin with no luck :( i'll be alright once i get the damn thing out

need a decent stereo so i can blast out norah jones in me nice new motor :D :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ertrael
    if there colour coded you need to keep your eyes open...
    :rolleyes:

:lol::p
  • Options
    fankoo kindly for all your replies :yes:

i found some suspicious holes underneath the radio with two rubber stopper things in. fit a coat hanger in and gave it a good pokin with no luck :( i'll be alright once i get the damn thing out

need a decent stereo so i can blast out norah jones in me nice new motor :D :thumb:

Well kenwood or Sony are good, how much you looking to spend on a stereo?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Well kenwood or Sony are good, how much you looking to spend on a stereo?

sorry, i was a bit misleading there. got a decent pioneer from my old car and need to change it with the crappy standard one in the new car.

the one in me new car is really really bad. from sound quality to usability..... and its a tape player :eek2:
  • Options
    sorry, i was a bit misleading there. got a decent pioneer from my old car and need to change it with the crappy standard one in the new car.

the one in me new car is really really bad. from sound quality to usability..... and its a tape player :eek2:

Nothing wrong with tape players,

my sister has one.. Great quaility with a 12disk changer under her seat, a 1000watt amp n 2X 13insh subs, 2 6x9's on the parcel and 2 in the back and 2 in the front door :D