Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What was the point?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
In A Certain Age by Rebecca Ray? What parent in their right mind would allow a 27 year old to go out with their 14 year old daughter, find out he's actually 31 and still go along with it? The end was shite, never even told us what happened. Did her and Oliver stay together? What the fuck was the point?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    never saw it but it sounds pretty sick
  • Options
    I know a girl who at almost 50 years younger moved to live with this guy (she was 16 at the time). Both her parents seemed to turn a blind eye on it.
    It's sick, but sometimes the parents may not really be in a position to say anything.
    But it can of course be argued that "age is just a number"..
  • Options
    Everyone raves about that book and I thought it was crap.
  • Options
    it made me squirm.
    like the bits where she's cutting herself or where she's getting that guy to hit her. i almost couldnt read it.
    can't remember the end though! it's a bit early!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Everyone raves about that book and I thought it was crap.

me too.

and then everyone says 'but she was only 17 when she wrote it' and i say 'yeah, and you can tell'.