Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Should I delete Norton?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have Norton 2002 but it expired way last year so I got AVG free edition. Should I delete Norton AV and keep the Internet Security or keep it all? I have no CD ROM for either so once it's gone, it's gone for good.

Comments

• Options
    i say dleete if you had the cd you could play around with registry and get it working or just reinstall windows and reinstall norton

norton hogs resources anyway so remove
  • Options
    I haven't actually personally used Norton Anti-Virus. I know quite a few people who have though. They seem to be happy with it. Mind you, I've heard about a lot of problems with it. But, bearing in mind it seems to be the most popular Anti-virus software there is, it's not surprising that quite a few reports of problems have been mentioned. It's inevitable that some people will have problems. A lot of people reckon it's a bit of a resource hog though.
    If the Anti-virus has expired, and you've got a replacement, and it's possible to do away with just the anti-virus part, then uninstall it. You don't need it anymore. If you have other software that replace the other tools, then completely uninstall Norton.
    Not really a hard decision really.
  • Options
    Nortan is a resource hog. You might as well get rid of the 2002 AV unless you buy a new licence other wise it won't update any more. I have used Norton and was not that happy with it. I would go DL AVG and get Zonalarm.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    When you say expired, do you mean you can't download any virus updates now? If that's the case, I might know of a way (or maybe two) to get around it. I'm not sure if telling them would get me banned from the site or anything though...