Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Just out of interest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How many of you actually read the whole thread, or at least a chunk of it before replying to a post?

Just something i have noticed that quite a few don't bother.

Comments

• Options
    It depends really, in a normal thread I would usually read the whole thread; or the best part of it at least. But in something like a birthday one there's not much point really
  • Options
    I usually read the whole thread through, especially if it is one that im gonna comment on, as i dont like repeating someone else, or getting hold of the wrong end of the stick.
    Although as Solid said, if its just a birthday thread, then its pretty pointless reading "happy birthday :birthday:" over and over again...
  • Options
    i do.

it gets on my tits when people just repeat the same thing that's already been said in a thread and then act like it's their idea.

pssshhh.
  • Options
    Hmm, virtually always I will read the whole thing, though sometimes I will skim read if its a huge block of text without any breaks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i do.

it gets on my tits when people just repeat the same thing that's already been said in a thread and then act like it's their idea.

pssshhh.

:yes:
  • Options
    You got anyone imparticular in mind tweety?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I usually read all the replies of the posters I would deem 'normal' and skim past the nutcases, but only in this forum. In politics, relationships etc I read it all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by solid_L
    You got anyone imparticular in mind tweety?:rolleyes:

That is sucha sarcastic smiley i hate it. Yes i did have someone in mind but this thread isn't aimed at moaning about a certain person, i just wanted to know.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I usually read all the replies of the posters I would deem 'normal' and skim past the nutcases, but only in this forum. In politics, relationships etc I read it all.

:lol: That made me laugh.
  • Options
    i do.

pssshhh.

:p;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    i do.

pssshhh.

:p;)

hehe ;).
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    yes, i read everyones reply.
  • Options
    Yeah, i read everyone's replies and then reply. That's probably why i don't post so much, if i come to a post with something to say and someone has already said it, i won't bother.
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    Yeah, i read everyone's replies and then reply. That's probably why i don't post so much, if i come to a post with something to say and someone has already said it, i won't bother.
    Same here usually.. Except for just then ;)
  • Options
    I usually read most of the thread. Don't post that often after reading them though.
  • Options
    Like some other people said, I'll read it if it's not all blocked together and there's loads of it.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I almost never reply anywhere without reading all posts. Sometimes actually a thread with many pages (like 4) can scare me off so I don't read it at all.
    You should see another boards I visit, it's not rare to see a message with 100 replies. Could you read all of them?
  • Options
    If it's a relatively short thread I read all posts but if it's really long I try to pick out the key posts and skim over ones that seem similar.
  • Options
    depends what the threads about ...if i'm tired ...if i'm busy on another site ...my state of intoxication.
  • Options
    and no i haven't read a single reply in this thread ...
  • Options
    I normally read all the replys, unless its like the "new faces" thread or something.
  • Options
    i always read every post on a thread i'm interested in. i don't always post tho.

if i'm going to post, i still read it all unless i have a very important point i need to get across, then i go back and read it.