Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how do tell when you are in love?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm not sure where to put this so mods please put it where you feel fits. i'm sure there has been many threads on this before, but. how do you know know when your in love?...seriously, is it just a feeling, or what??....

please explain to this me :S

Comments

• Options
    Relationships :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    Relationships :p

yeah well i wasn't to sue where to put it, me being to analitical...:S
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    yeah well i wasn't to sue where to put it, me being to analitical...:S

Yah i think you can get away with that one... lol
  • Options
    if you have to ask, you're not.

even if you don't, you're still probably not.
  • Options
    put it this way ...if you were in love you wouldn't have to ask the question ...so your not.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    put it this way ...if you were in love you wouldn't have to ask the question ...so your not.

i'm nessescerialy asking for myself, i'm asking what people other feel...in a matter of intrest....me?? myself, i don't have a clue about anything at the moment to be honest...i need to talk to the person involved. but i get a fluttery feeling everytime is see his face, or his name is mentioned, or when i think about him.....
  • Options
    i'm nessescerialy asking for myself, i'm asking what people other feel...in a matter of intrest....me?? myself, i don't have a clue about anything at the moment to be honest...i need to talk to the person involved. but i get a fluttery feeling everytime is see his face, or his name is mentioned, or when i think about him.....
    then you could be falling ...
  • Options
    then you could be falling ...

i think i'm falling rather than have fallen.....:D
  • Options
    No idea.

Seriously doubting that having to go through wanky relationship after wanky relationship is gonna be worth it, just to find this "love" feeling.

Can't be assed with it anyway, I'm too weak.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    No idea.

Seriously doubting that having to go through wanky relationship after wanky relationship is gonna be worth it, just to find this "love" feeling.

Can't be assed with it anyway, I'm too weak.
    the weakest and the strongest ...the pritiest and the ugly fuckers ...can and do fall in love. tis a wonderful thing.
  • Options
    the weakest and the strongest ...the pritiest and the ugly fuckers ...can and do fall in love. tis a wonderful thing.

it does this to you :(:) :D:p:love:

:yes:
  • Options
    it does this to you :(:) :D:p:love:

:yes:
    do try and fall gracefully.
  • Options
    do try and fall gracefully.

i shall try rolly....no fetish heels....promise! :P
  • Options
    First you like someone
    Then you really like them
    Then you think you love them
    Then you do

Or at least thats whats happened to me both times.

And Roll was right - if you have to ask you aren't in love. You just know when you are.
  • Options
    Hmmm you still about J?
  • Options
    how do tell when you are in love?

I think so much of the confusion arises because, whereas Sanskrit has ninety-six words for love; ancient Persian has eighty and Greek four; English only has one. I think us English speakers do know the 96 forms of love - we just squish it into one word!

That's why we're all confused over what "love" is, cause we have dozens of definitions for it. In the end it's probably not a question of whether you're in love, but which love it is.
  • Options
    You just know :love:
  • Options
    Re: how do tell when you are in love?
    Originally posted by Miffy
    I think so much of the confusion arises because, whereas Sanskrit has ninety-six words for love; ancient Persian has eighty and Greek four; English only has one. I think us English speakers do know the 96 forms of love - we just squish it into one word!

That's why we're all confused over what "love" is, cause we have dozens of definitions for it. In the end it's probably not a question of whether you're in love, but which love it is.

I so agree with all of that :)
  • Options

:yes: :)
  • Options
    re

I can agree with the fact that you just know. Something just clicks in your head and when it does, well, it depends, sometimes it can be a good thing, sometimes a bad thing, unfortunately for me it was bad.

I see it as you meet the person, get on with them, become closer, like them more and then it depends. After that sometimes the thought of them can get you nervous and if that happens, the moment you see them you it's horrible because you go all weak and even with just a smile from them to you, your heart has a mind of its own and you could almost faint right there.

The other symptom that I have noticed is that you start trying to convince yourself that you are not in love, if you manage to do that once and forget about it, then ok maybe you wern't but if you are trying time and time again, you are kidding nobody but yourself, you are in love and there's nothing you can do to change it.

But Hey!! That's my opinion, there will be loads who disagree.
  • Options
    A sure fire way to tell you're in love... Tacky love songs suddenly have a whole new meaning!! well for me anyways....

And you find yourself thinking about them every other minute
  • Options
    when you are in a brilliant amazing relationship with a person, and it ends in a good way - then you meet another person.
    the first person doesnt even compare to the second one - then you know you're on love
    (sorry, that doesnt really make any sense :( )
  • Options

That pretty much sums it up I think. Apart from the obvious "you just know" thing.
  • Options
    It's trite, but you just know.

Love isn't the gushy feeling in a new relationship, love is being with the same person for a long time, and thinking they are wonderful even when they have a sleepyhead and spots.

It cannot be defined, it just is.

Oh, and it's not anything real, there'sd no "the one". It's all just chemical- people need to read A Certain Chemistry by Mil Millington for a good laugh.