Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Big Brother

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    You know, I've finally figured out what it is about Big Brother that makes it so interesting.

Well you could have saved yourself a minute of typing by just simply saying that it is not in any way or form interesting. Because ya know, its not. Its even worse than real world and any other crap reality show.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    Well you could have saved yourself a minute of typing by just simply saying that it is not in any way or form interesting. Because ya know, its not. Its even worse than real world and any other crap reality show.
    Why do you even bother reading these threads about it, let alone post on them? I mean, you say you hate it and find it boring, yet here you are spending your time reading, posting, and moaning about it. Couldn't you just save yourself some time and not even bother clicking on the thread? No? Why not, because like most of the other whingers on this thread you just love to moan, whinge, and knock people, because that's all you lot do well. Why are you even posting on this thread when we're not even talking about a show that's showing in the US? You just love to moan, as do the rest of you, and you all repeatedly show your love of moaning and bitching all the time on every other thread, rarely ever contributing much, let alone offering good reasons and being able to back up your reasons, just repeating all the usual cliched moans about something like this.
    The only reason I can see you lot do it is to get a response like mine, complaining about your lack of reasoning and originality. If you don't like it, leave the thread alone. You know what it's about before you even click on it!
  • Options
    ha! did that hit a sensitive spot? and the show does show in the us, just a bunch of different idiots, not the ones there.
    Why not, because like most of the other whingers on this thread you just love to moan, whinge, and knock people, because that's all you lot do well.

and there, you answered your own question so why did you even bother posting...
    Couldn't you just save yourself some time and not even bother clicking on the thread?
  • Options
    my_name, you're purposely ignorning the blindingly obvious fact that this is a UK based forum, and you know we're talking about the UK BB. So there's no need for you to look at or post on this thread, but you do, and then can't bring anything constructive, and just post the usual cliched negative comments without being able to explain why.

I'm just fed up of all the insults, offensive attacks, and trolling posts on forums and theads that are made for no other reason that to annoy people and hit their "sensitive spots" because the poster simply has nothing to contribute and just wants to annoy people. There's been too much of it lately, and not by the usual disruptive newbie trolls, but by long term regulars who should know better, and just do it because they know it annoys people by hitting their "sensitive spots". They're particularly vicious, and downright insulting, at some newbies, for no other reason than to be nasty. It's a poor way to behave, especially when someone comes here for advice, or to contribute, only to be attacked and insulted.
    The only reason I can see that people are that nasty is to get some sort of cheap thrill and power trip from it, often at the expense of someone elses feelings and emotions.
  • Options
    wobble: well said!
    :heart:
  • Options
    Nice One Wobble - Said it perfectly :thumb:
  • Options
    Wobble's right.

A lot of it is down to narrow mindedness, it wouldn't matter if deep down people found it to be the most entertaining thing ever, they'd still bash it because it's popular to do so.

I actually reckon if it was an obsecure programme on an obsecure cable channel, a lot of the BB bashers would be raving about it, until of course it became both mainstream and accessible, in which case they'd distance themselves.

Anyhow, people who always moan about what they don't like rather than bigging up what they do like - their opinions should be duly ignored, because 9 times out of 10, they aint open minded enough to be willing to have their minds changed in any case.
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Compared to other Big Brother's this show's actually been pretty interesting :) - Group separation, conflict, different ideals clashing. It's calmed down a bit this week though, but I'm sure all the 'evil' stuff BB is surely planning will wind a few of the housemates up.
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    LOL So Big Brother didn't let Jason or Victor vote for housemates this week, and they STILL didn't get put up to the public vote. I bet the BB bosses thought they'd both get vote upon vote. Ha. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Flake_Mustaine
    LOL So Big Brother didn't let Jason or Victor vote for housemates this week, and they STILL didn't get put up to the public vote. I bet the BB bosses thought they'd both get vote upon vote. Ha. :D
    I'm watching BB now. If they had given them the warning before the nominations, then everyone would've been able to figure out they had been talking, and they may have recieved a few votes. However, as the warnings were given during the nominations, it didnt' give the others time to think and change their minds. They'd been thinking about it all day, so suddenly having to change their minds was too much.
    But there's a whole week now for the paranoia, and whispering, to build up, and it wouldn't surprise me if t least one of them, if not both, are up for nomination next week.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    don't read the threads if you don't like it).

And don't post or admit you like it if you can't put up with different opinoins. Who is to say a big brother thread is only for those who have good opinions of it.
    The show is all about psychology. The psychology of group interaction. We're all interested in it. How friendships are made, broken, reformed, et. How people can be two faced, and how they bitch about each other behind each others backs. How they form allegiances against others. Make their own little groups, their gangs, their cliques.

It's about watching a group dickheads. These people have been selected because they are extreme in some way, they're on the camera 24/7 and what goes on in there bears little resemblance to human interaction in real life. Most of them are extremely unlikeable poeple.
    I have far better things to actually do than sit and watch that drivel - especailly now it's been running for far too many years.

BB is the biggest load of jank I ever did see.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yeah yeah, the housemates are a bunch of performing monkeys (or seals, as the case may be) and it's about as lowbrow as you can get. These people are under the impression that when you have two bottles of cheap plonk, the obvious next step is to get naked and lick each others' nipples, as proven tonight. Within the house of course there are levels of idiocy, and man they've really plumbed the depths with Jason, Nadia etc.

However, it's mildly interesting to watch, and I do admit to liking Victor, Shell and Stuart. There's an element of psychology to it, admittedly the analysis of a tiny sliver of society (since I guess most of us aren't that depraved!) is represented, but please try and take it for what it is... something to tut at, something to make you feel like you're the classiest person alive, or something to have a giggle at. Really there's no need for people to be getting up on their high horses and spouting off about how moronic the housemates (and indeed the show's format) are/is...because I'm positive that you're preaching to the converted. I don't think anyone's under the illusion that this is a highly-moral, classy show. And of course, as always, you can switch off your TV. It's not being burned into your retinas involuntarily.

PS. Victor singing "I'll Make Love to You" was hilarious... he's a knob alright, but an entertaining one! And the whole nipple-licking thing made me feel sick, as if!