Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

to fight bordom i am going to...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
write an essay on something....your job....to come up with a topic, that is:

A) reserchable
B) not boring
C) fun
D) hopefully music related but not essential...

the winners topic will have an essay writting on the subject. which i will post on here for eveyone to laugh at.

the link between music eras and drugs use has been already preposed and i'm not too keen on the idea.....


so poeple, as you can tell, i am this amazingly bored out of my brain, and no tweety, the stuff on the floor of my room isn't a worthy subject either :P
«1

Comments

  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: to fight bordom i am going to...

    i have an essay to do on metacognition and differentiation in teaching language within a cross curricular setting. fancy doing it for me? only 3000 words and it must include differentiation practices that you will use.

    much appreciated. due date is 19th august. :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: to fight bordom i am going to...
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    i have an essay to do on metacognition and differentiation in teaching language within a cross curricular setting. fancy doing it for me? only 3000 words and it must include differentiation practices that you will use.

    much appreciated. due date is 19th august. :)

    Alternatively, she could do my thousand word summer assignment based around the statement 'Afro-Caribbeans are more likely to suffer from mental illness'. Evidence from research, explanations from different psychological perspectives, in-depth explanation of the topic, elaboration and examples from real life must be included, as well as at least one graphic that must be discussed within the article.

    Oh, and you'll be needing two articles for a starting point, one of which must be over a thousand words long.

    First week of September will be fine. :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Re: to fight bordom i am going to...
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    Alternatively, she could do my thousand word summer assignment based around the statement 'Afro-Caribbeans are more likely to suffer from mental illness'. Evidence from research, explanations from different psychological perspectives, in-depth explanation of the topic, elaboration and examples from real life must be included, as well as at least one graphic that must be discussed within the article.

    Oh, and you'll be needing two articles for a starting point, one of which must be over a thousand words long.

    First week of September will be fine. :)

    because they smoke too much pot???:confused:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Re: Re: to fight bordom i am going to...
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    because they smoke too much pot???:confused:

    Stero-typing, :no: Tsk.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: to fight bordom i am going to...
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Stero-typing, :no: Tsk.

    joking...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How about:

    Music and censorship
    The roots of rock music
    The history of the Fender Stratocaster (This is the 50th anniversary of the Strat)
    History of punk

    err.....I'll try and think of some more.......
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Re: Re: to fight bordom i am going to...
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    Alternatively, she could do my thousand word summer assignment based around the statement 'Afro-Caribbeans are more likely to suffer from mental illness'. Evidence from research, explanations from different psychological perspectives, in-depth explanation of the topic, elaboration and examples from real life must be included, as well as at least one graphic that must be discussed within the article.

    Oh, and you'll be needing two articles for a starting point, one of which must be over a thousand words long.

    First week of September will be fine. :)

    :lol: thats good. she'll be very busy with both those essay titles.

    dont worry ... i will credit you. in the bibliography :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Re: Re: to fight bordom i am going to...
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    :lol: thats good. she'll be very busy with both those essay titles.

    dont worry ... i will credit you. in the bibliography :)

    i think i'll go with one of the other ideas......
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Write an essay about Tal, and why shes always so wrong. About everything. Ever.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Doofay
    Write an essay about Tal, and why shes always so wrong. About everything. Ever.

    :eek2: :eek2:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: to fight bordom i am going to...
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    joking...

    Joking back...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: to fight bordom i am going to...
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Joking back...

    aren't we all in such a jokey mood today?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Me.

    ;)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: to fight bordom i am going to...
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    i think i'll go with one of the other ideas......

    But clearly, with so many ideas, the only fair way to go about this would be to complete the essays in the order they were suggested. :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do an essay about this place's effect on teenagers or something.

    [Edit: Spalling Mistooks]
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: to fight bordom i am going to...
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    But clearly, with so many ideas, the only fair way to go about this would be to complete the essays in the order they were suggested. :(

    definately. mine is first :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Doofay
    Do an essay about this place's effect on teenagers or something.

    [Edit: Spalling Mistooks]

    that would take up the whole of my hard drive :lol:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The comment in another thread about tidying the room and the mess on the floor etc was aimed at me.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Re: Re: to fight bordom i am going to...
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    because they smoke too much pot???:confused:

    Then you are more Afro-Carribean than me. ;)

    You could write the first 1500 words of a novel. It can be about anything at all. A chapter which ends with a cliff hanger would be good.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: to fight bordom i am going to...
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    tweety, the stuff on the floor of my room isn't a worthy subject either :P

    I think i you missed what i was getting at in that thread :confused: .
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: to fight bordom i am going to...
    Originally posted by Tweety
    I think i you missed what i was getting at in that thread :confused: .

    Yeah, so do I.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    "Music these days is becoming too commercial, and there is a lot less imagination that goes into creating it."

    Do you agree with the statement?

    An essay^ :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: to fight bordom i am going to...
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    aren't we all in such a jokey mood today?

    Totally.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ok, not music related but you said that wasn't essential...

    If you love someone, then you fall out of love with them, did you ever really love them, or did you just think you did?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: to fight bordom i am going to...
    Originally posted by Tweety
    I think i you missed what i was getting at in that thread :confused: .

    i think i've just missed out what everyone has been getting at today...sorry!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Ok, not music related but you said that wasn't essential...

    If you love someone, then you fall out of love with them, did you ever really love them, or did you just think you did?

    owch....not a good idea...i would just cry lots....:(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    owch....not a good idea...i would just cry lots....:(

    Ooer, don't do that then! I think I must have missed something too. It was just something I was thinking about today. :/
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    "Music these days is becoming too commercial, and there is a lot less imagination that goes into creating it."

    Do you agree with the statement?

    An essay^ :D
    i would have thought that since the days of the super groups were over ...the commercalisation of music is less ...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Ooer, don't do that then! I think I must have missed something too. It was just something I was thinking about today. :/

    yeah, me too. but i think i need not to.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not to patronise, but i think its the second time you've mis spelt boredom luby

    Just pointing it out, your Spanish is probably better than your English now anyway :p
Sign In or Register to comment.