Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Braces.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Will the dentist tell me i need a brace? 3 of my bottom teeth are starting to go really crooked, im bothered about it, and i think i need a brace, but cos its only 3 of them, will the dentist tell me i need one? :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mine are making me feel really uncomfortable and i feel like everyone can see them, when i know they cant cuz they are bottom teeth, oh well.
    Don't know, my two top front teeth are wonky & no ones ever mentioned it.
    I don't imagine that anyone's teeth are perfectly aligned, so I wouldn't worry. My teeth are pretty much fine at the top but a bit different at the bottom. You can't actually see that they are, I can only feel with my finger or tongue.
    I had a brace years ago and everything was fine until my wisdom teeth came through and pushed two of my teeth out of line on my bottom jaw. It wasn't really that noticable but it really bothered me so i had more teeth taken out and now have a brace pushing everything back.My teeth have gone back in line now and i'll probably have my brace off in a couple of months.
    If its bothering you speak to your dentist and they will probably refer you to an orthodontist who will talk you through whether its worth doing and ask you how much its bothering you. If its just the few bottom teeth that are bothering you and you have to have a brace on the bottom, don't worry about it as you can't see it at all.
    Thing is though, i never used to be able to get me tounge btweeen this set of teeth, now i can :eek2:
    It sounds like your teeth have moved which is likely as you are still young. Just speak to your dentist next time you go or make an appointment and they will refer you to an orthodontist who will sort you out. :)
    Originally posted by 1andonly
    I had a brace years ago and everything was fine until my wisdom teeth came through

Thats what i think my problem is.
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Thats what i think my problem is.

are you not young for wisdom teeth?

if its bothering you that much go to a dentist they will be able to tell you whats up.
    i think you're too young for wisdom teeth?

i had one of those takey out braces for a while, 'cause i had too many teeth.
    :no: The dentist told me last time that my wisdom teeth were coming through early.