Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

B & B owner refuses to rent double bed room to gay couple

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It doesn't matter if he owns the Bed and Breakfast. If you're going to private a service to the public then you have to provide it to everyone, he shouldn't be allowed to discriminate on grounds of sexuality any more than he could shove a "No Blacks" sign on the door.
  • Options
    Originally posted by UpsetChap
    It doesn't matter if he owns the Bed and Breakfast. If you're going to private a service to the public then you have to provide it to everyone,

No you don't.

he shouldn't be allowed to discriminate on grounds of sexuality any more than he could shove a "No Blacks" sign on the door.

In your opinion maybe, but not so in the law.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    No you don't.

Well you're not allowed to discriminate on grounds of race. And quite right too.
    In your opinion maybe, but not so in the law.

The discrimination laws should be extended to include sexual orientation as well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta

The discrimination laws should be extended to include sexual orientation as well.

Maybe so, but that's not what you said.

The guy had no legal reason why he should not have turned the gay couple away. Anything other reason (not to) is going to be based on a social belief that may not apply in such a remote area.
  • Options
    Not what I said? Where?

It might not be illegal to discriminate on grounds of sexuality, but it sure is immoral.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Not what I said? Where?

It might not be illegal to discriminate on grounds of sexuality, but it sure is immoral.

You said

"If you're going to private a service to the public then you have to provide it to everyone".

Which you don't.

It may be immoral to you but the person in question probably has a different moral code.
  • Options
    You said

"If you're going to private a service to the public then you have to provide it to everyone".

No I didn't.
  • Options
    You said

Which you don't.

It may be immoral to you but the person in question probably has a different moral code.

Actually thats what I said. Not Blagsta.
  • Options
    Things are getting beyond a joke, next you will be hearing of the hotel owner who kicked out his guests for fucking animals or some shit. I wonder where that lies in your opinion of you own sexuality and not having a choice about the matter. Perhaps peadofiles dont have a choice about their sexuality either. It is quite simply a load of shit to believe that a person has no choice about their sexuality is it not? I wonder if they would be covered under the law?
  • Options
    Originally posted by UpsetChap
    Actually thats what I said. Not Blagsta.

Oops. :cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocksteady
    Things are getting beyond a joke, next you will be hearing of the hotel owner who kicked out his guests for fucking animals or some shit. I wonder where that lies in your opinion of you own sexuality and not having a choice about the matter. Perhaps peadofiles dont have a choice about their sexuality either. It is quite simply a load of shit to believe that a person has no choice about their sexuality is it not? I wonder if they would be covered under the law?

Its quite easy - its about informed consent.

Not that fucking hard to sus out. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    "Why? Is it any different to a heterosexual couple? "

Yes it is. It is disgusting.

You still haven't told us why you find it disgusting.
  • Options

its about informed consent

And animals can talk now?
  • Options

A gay man pretends to be a woman? LOL! What the hell are on? Crack?

Is anal sex with a woman disgusting?

BTW, anal penetration can be very pleasurable, stimulating the prostate gland can produce some very deeply intense orgasms. Try it sometime, you might like it.
    its about informed consent

And animals can talk now?

What the fuck are you on? Ketamine this time? Of course animals can't talk, you fucking freak.
  • Options

Erm... I think the whole point is that they don't pretend to be a woman :confused:
  • Options

I think your argument is flawed. Allowing someone to penetrate your anus could not be pretending "to be a woman". Few women have anal sex as a normal part of their sex lives with their partner. And even if they did, it would prove that not only gay men enjoy "being shitted on."
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Erm... I think the whole point is that they don't pretend to be a woman :confused:

Well....exactly. I think Rocksteady's lost it.
  • Options
    Right as a gay bloke let me explain. I have never pretended to be a woman during sex, and will never do so, I find the whole idea of that rather silly. Nor as anyone I have ever been with pretended to be a woman, so you can shut up about that right now, the entire idea is silly, and it is only transexuals and transvestites that wish to be a woman.

As far as anal sex is concerned Rocksteady, it's got nothing to do with the excrement. At all. It's all to do with how close to your partner you can be, how much pleasure you can give them, just as it is with heterosexual couples.

At the end of the day, biological or preference, it's hardly that wrong or different to straight couples is it? We don't force our sexualities in your face, we just live our lives in the way we choose.

So I say shut up and fuck off, as you;re comments are homophobic and offensive, get a life and grow the hell up.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Right I've removed that comment - sorry to anyone who comes to the thread and is confused as to what everyone is talking about.

That kind of comment is unacceptable under the rules of this forum. If certain posters are unable to discuss an issue with resorting to homophobic comments - then find other threads or find other boards.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    Right I've removed that comment - sorry to anyone who comes to the thread and is confused as to what everyone is talking about.

That kind of comment is unacceptable under the rules of this forum. If certain posters are unable to discuss an issue with resorting to homophobic comments - then find other threads or find other boards.

thanks, cause that post I found highly offensive and unfair.
  • Options
    I just said why I thought it was sick. Do you think that another person shitting on another person is disgusting? There are people who enjoy that type of thing and I am sure most people would agree with me that it is disgusting. Is voicing an opinion such as this also homophobic because this oh so liberal society hasnt accecpt this as a legitimate sexual orientation?

Highly Offensive what a load of shit, I think I find the highly offensive bit me not being allowed to voice an opinion on what I find sick. I am not homophobic, I have gay friends and we get on fine. I voice my opinion they voice theirs and I do not believe their sexuality should stop us being friends but at least they allow me the right to have an opinion. What you liberal assholes might as well be saying to me right now is, I must accecpt your views on homosexuals and I do not. I find the practise and the thought of homosexual sex disgusting and if you have a problem with what I think then perhaps you shouldnt partake in that act of homosexual intercourse.

"I found highly offensive and unfair"

I dont care if you found it offensive what I question is how fairr was my post. Is the discription of the homosexual intercourse not accurate or something?

"I have never pretended to be a woman during sex"

I am not speaking of homosexual sex, but the relationship in general. It is true that many homosexual relationships have one partner more feminine than the other and the other partner more dominant and masculin.

"get a life and grow the hell up."

Ohh I find you criticising my height offensive, moderater moderater help me help me :rolleyes:

"Is anal sex with a woman disgusting?"

Is anal sex with an animal disgusting should be the question...
  • Options
    I am not homophobic, I have gay friends and we get on fine.

Like how everybody in the 70s said "I'm not a racist. Some of my best friends are black".
  • Options
    I just said why I thought it was sick. Do you think that another person shitting on another person is disgusting?

What's that got to do with homosexuality? :confused:
    There are people who enjoy that type of thing and I am sure most people would agree with me that it is disgusting.

Is voicing an opinion such as this also homophobic because this oh so liberal society hasnt accecpt this as a legitimate sexual orientation?

Highly Offensive what a load of shit, I think I find the highly offensive bit me not being allowed to voice an opinion on what I find sick.

You can voice an opinion. But you aren't, you are being weird and offensive.

Yes, of course you do. :rolleyes:
    If you really do have gay friends, I'm sure they call you a homophobic arsehole behind your back.
    I voice my opinion they voice theirs and I do not believe their sexuality should stop us being friends but at least they allow me the right to have an opinion. What you liberal assholes might as well be saying to me right now is, I must accecpt your views on homosexuals and I do not. I find the practise and the thought of homosexual sex disgusting and if you have a problem with what I think then perhaps you shouldnt partake in that act of homosexual intercourse.

Me thinks he doth protest too much.

I dont care if you found it offensive what I question is how fairr was my post. Is the discription of the homosexual intercourse not accurate or something?

No, its not accurate.

I am not speaking of homosexual sex, but the relationship in general. It is true that many homosexual relationships have one partner more feminine than the other and the other partner more dominant and masculin.

Another inaccurate statement.

Ohh I find you criticising my height offensive, moderater moderater help me help me :rolleyes:

Eh? :confused:

What on earth are you on about? :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    I am not homophobic, I have gay friends
    no you don't. A friend wouldn't let you keep these bizarre ideas. You possibly have some gay acquaintances who tolerate you because you have many redeeming virtues
    It is true that many homosexual relationships have one partner more feminine than the other and the other partner more dominant and masculin.

it is true in many relationships that one partner has hair* lighter than the other. This does not mean that one of them is pretending to be blond.

The most efeminate guy I know is straight. so is the most masculine, despite him being a rugby player.

i've not seen someone so jaw droppingly out of touch for a long time

*damn, how did I this that word out
  • Options
    I do find it hilarious how some right wingers get so wound up about homosexuality. Almost like they're in denial about something...
  • Options
    I just said why I thought it was sick.

Actually I don't think you did. All you managed was an apparently offensive remark based on your illinformed and bigotted views.
    Do you think that another person shitting on another person is disgusting? There are people who enjoy that type of thing and I am sure most people would agree with me that it is disgusting.

Well it doesn't turn me on, but then neither does homosexuality,

It still none of my business what consenting adults do in their own houses...
    Is voicing an opinion such as this also homophobic because this oh so liberal society hasnt accecpt this as a legitimate sexual orientation?

Why would it be homophobic? You aren't talking about homosexuals there...
    Highly Offensive what a load of shit, I think I find the highly offensive bit me not being allowed to voice an opinion on what I find sick.

You can voice an opinion, you just cannot be homophobic or offensive in your comments. You signed up to that when you originally joined the site.

If you don't like the mods rulings then appeal to them or leave. Don't bleat about it.

Hmmm, I personally doubt that very much otherwise you might know a little more about the subject than you apparently do. You certainly wouldn't have made the "woman" comment for a start.
    What you liberal assholes might as well be saying to me right now is, I must accecpt your views on homosexuals and I do not.

You don't have to accept my views on homosexuality.

There does that make you feel better?
    I find the practise and the thought of homosexual sex disgusting and if you have a problem with what I think then perhaps you shouldnt partake in that act of homosexual intercourse.

Why do you assume that I partake? Why do you assume that any of us partake, except those who are open about their sexuality?

Do we have to partake to want to let people get on with their own lives?
    Is the discription of the homosexual intercourse not accurate or something?

No, it wasn't accurante. Why not ask your gay friends to explain the act to you.

Masculine/feminine does not mean "pretending to be a woman". There is no pretence there.

Some people are masuline, some aren't. Simple as.

It can be the same with heterosexual people too you know.

And thus you confirm his view of you as immature.

Not unless you think of homosexuals as animals.

You claimed that anal sex between men was disgusting. The question is, do you think that a man having anal sex with a woman is also disgusting?
  • Options
    I just said why I thought it was sick. Do you think that another person shitting on another person is disgusting? There are people who enjoy that type of thing and I am sure most people would agree with me that it is disgusting. Is voicing an opinion such as this also homophobic because this oh so liberal society hasnt accecpt this as a legitimate sexual orientation?

Highly Offensive what a load of shit, I think I find the highly offensive bit me not being allowed to voice an opinion on what I find sick. I am not homophobic, I have gay friends and we get on fine. I voice my opinion they voice theirs and I do not believe their sexuality should stop us being friends but at least they allow me the right to have an opinion. What you liberal assholes might as well be saying to me right now is, I must accecpt your views on homosexuals and I do not. I find the practise and the thought of homosexual sex disgusting and if you have a problem with what I think then perhaps you shouldnt partake in that act of homosexual intercourse.

another person shitting on another person I do not find the most enjoyable thought in the world, but that has nothing to do with gay sex. Gay men do not shit on each other to get off. Also, the way you described the homosexual intercourse was completely wrong, absurd, and I would say it was homophobic yes, as you completely stereotyped gay men and what they do in the bedroom to a perversion where one person decides to be the woman and that person shits on the others penis.

I didn't say you voicing your opinion was highly offensive, but your choice of words was offensive, and you could have put it in a much better way, so as not to sound homophobic, if you are not as you say you aren't. "If I have a problem with you thinking that homosexual sex is disgusting maybe I shouldn't do it?" What the hell? I don't have a problem with you thinking it is disgusting, that is your opinion and I won't try to change that, but on the other hand, like I said, you should not have described it in such a manner as you did.

The description of the homosexual intercourse was far, far from being acurrate. Some gay relationships have a more feminine partner, but this is a stereotype, I have never said "I'm the man" or "I'm the woman" in any relationship, because we are both men and don't wish to be women. And neither of the men ever choose to pretend to be a woman during sex, it's more often than not done both ways, one man giving then receiving.

I didn't critisise your height!:lol:

If you are referring to homosexuals as animals, you are clearly homophobic and therefore you have contradicted yourself. :p

Edited to say: I can't wait to see what you reply to that, as every time you reply you seem to contradict yourself more and more. Oh and you still need to grow up, you're not carrying a debate, you're being largely childish in some sense and contradictory in others. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    Right as a gay bloke let me explain. I have never pretended to be a woman during sex, and will never do so, I find the whole idea of that rather silly. Nor as anyone I have ever been with pretended to be a woman, so you can shut up about that right now, the entire idea is silly, and it is only transexuals and transvestites that wish to be a woman.

I've seen you wear a dress before, my friend has a picture of it on her phone :p
    I just said why I thought it was sick. Do you think that another person shitting on another person is disgusting?

Aye, there are better topics you can talk to your gran about... but since when did homos poo on each other? :eek2: Even if they do it's their private life... I know people who've had sex/been down on a girl on her period ( :yuck: eew) and though it sounds minging it's a part of somebody's sex life... Nobody else's business.

I think the way in which you worded that was pretty grim man... they aren't really shitting on each other... but if you're ever in a gay bar, never offer to push somebody's stool in for them. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    I've seen you wear a dress before, my friend has a picture of it on her phone :p

You know full well that was purely as a joke. I don't want rocksteady to be thinking I'm a bullshitter, even though it wouldn't matter because he is a total bullshitter himself.
  • Options
    we come to sort of agrement, ie argunig on little details and now someone says something completly homophobic and think all the people who agree with te landlord are bigotted scum

the landlord didnt stop them for being gay, its just almost every couple going to a hotel in middle of nowehre will probably have sex :p its like unwritten law :p

and all he disagreed with was the act being done on his property whatever it may be

personally i think he has every rgiht to do so but they should of jsut reneted a twin room and had the noisest sex possible :p just to prove a point