Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the supernatural

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you believe in supernatural beings or forces?

And have you ever had a supernatural experience?

yes this has been done to death, but no i don't care!

GO!

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It can't be answered with simply "yes" or "no". I do think it's possible that such things exist, but I can't say I'm sure that there are or that there aren't. But I believe some of them are true, in some way.
    As for myself, I had one strange experience a few years ago that still confuses me. There might have been a second one too, but this could have been just my eyes playing tricks.
  • Options
    yes, that's rather bizarre!
    i've never had anything happen like that to me before.

i have a twin and my older brother was fascinated by us, and used to make us try and mind-read and send each other telepathic messages. for example, he'd make us sit in seperate rooms with some cards with images of certain shapes etc. on, and we'd spend about 5 minutes on each card attempting to send one another the image telepathically.

i was only about 8, i thought my brother was such a nutter. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    I believe in it, and it scares me :nervous:
  • Options
    Yea I believe in it, theres too much stuff goes on that can't be explained for there not to be !

Oh yea, and I keep reading peoples minds by accident or know stuff for no reason at all that would be impossible to know, it scares me (and them) :nervous:
  • Options
    I believe in stuff like ghosts. mainly because my mum's seen ghosts, and also I think that people spend too much time trying to prove that ghosts and supernatural things *don't* exist.... why can't they just give up and say, 'well yeah ok, so there are some things in life we can't explain...'

I haven't had any personal experiences though. Just stuff from my mum...she's a bit psychic, and she's seen a few ghosts in her lifetime. Kinda cool.
  • Options
    I think that the supernatural is easier to prove does exist than it doesnt!

I mean take aliens for example (even if they're not supernatural). You could find an alien space craft and you've proven they do exist. But you could never go to every planet in the universe to say they didnt exist!

I think its the same with ghosts etc.
  • Options
    Yeah, aliens would be easy to prove. I mean, just in our world, we've got humans and animals- that's loadsa different species, so who's to say there aren't just other strange unknown species living other places?? it's very plausible.

And alien abductions and stuff...let's face it, if there are aliens they're probably smarter than humans lol, that's why they don't get caught!
  • Options
    I do, seen stuff happen. Seen loads of orbs in a haunted room, seen the wardrobe open on it's own and shake and foot steps on the roof and banging inside the walls 'n stuff. There's a fair few haunted places near me. Got loads of freaky stories.

P.s, I think sleep paralysis has a lot to do with alien abductions tbh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    There's a fair few haunted places near me.

argh, if that was me, id have moved by now. One thing im so scared of when i move out is moving into somewhere haunted!
  • Options
    The thing that happened to me (short version):
    I got lost, ended up in a neighborhood I didn't recognize. No living thing (human, animal, plant) in sight, the only cars around were few and parked, the whole place just looked kind of "fake": its appearance, the sounds, everything. I walked, for much time, finally met an old woman. I asked her for directions, she told me to look behind me. I did, and suddenly I was in a recognizable place. No old woman in sight.
  • Options
    Is that a dream?
  • Options
    I believe in stuff like that. But I think part of the reason I do belive in it, is because I want to believe in it. It seems more...exciting or something. I've never seen a ghost or anything, although I've thought I have lots of times but convinced myself I was imagning it. The only kinda weird stuff thats happened is things like, in my old room, I used to have these really expensive candles that were like £30 'cause they were solid and really heavy...Anyway, yah they lived on my shelf, and one morning, I woke up, went to the toilet, and when I came back my candles were standing upright on my bed. It was a bit freaky I suppose, but who knows. I've got loads of other things like that that've happened. Theres a million and one stories from my grandad etc too, and my mum when she was young.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Is that a dream?
    I was as awake as I am now. I remember all this quite clearly, for how long ago it was.
  • Options
    I don't believe in any of it, I'm quite sceptical about these things.

My Mum isn't, she still continues to watch Most Haunted.
  • Options
    Re: the supernatural
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    Do you believe in supernatural beings or forces?

Nope... basically because I don't like the term 'supernatural'... but then because of my spirituality I don't believe what people often refer to as the 'supernatural' to be any different to something 'physical'... It's just that science can't prove the 'supernatural' and who cares if it can't? At the end of the day if people are happy believing or worshipping and it isn't hurting anyone who cares?
    And have you ever had a supernatural experience?

You mean with spirits? fae? talking trees and animals? :p

Spirits... maybe, but then I don't want to risk sounding batshit on thesite. All I'll say is that I know there's something.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    I don't believe in any of it, I'm quite sceptical about these things.

My Mum isn't, she still continues to watch Most Haunted.

That show is gay... I only watch it to laugh at the fat makeup lady who cries a lot.
  • Options
    I don't believe for the simple fact that I can't be bother to care. Though my most my friends seem to believe. My friends' and my old appt, her grandpa died in it and she thought she could hear noises sometimes and a couple other people swear the hotel we work at is haunted but I don't believe it.
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Friend at work, his house is haunted.. It's a pretty old place, and at the bottom of the stairs is a little sitting room where his granddad always used to sit in a chair and smoke his pipe. Even though he's been dead for years, every afternoon you can suddenly smell tobacco and pipe-smoke coming straight from that room.. it's really REALLY odd. And bloody freaky.

As for me, I've been on a few silly ghost hunts around the old Abbey near here.. but my sidekick and i get scared too easily so we end up back home again..

Ghosty stuff is cool, I'd like to SEE something though :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Flake_Mustaine
    As for me, I've been on a few silly ghost hunts around the old Abbey near here.. but my sidekick and i get scared too easily so we end up back home again..

i've always wanted to go on one of them! i'd shit myself, yes.. but that's all part of the fun.

i keep meaning to do the Jack The Ripper tour whenever I fly out to London, but i don't know whether it's any good.
    that's not anything like a ghost hunt though.
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    i've always wanted to go on one of them! i'd shit myself, yes.. but that's all part of the fun.

i keep meaning to do the Jack The Ripper tour whenever I fly out to London, but i don't know whether it's any good.
    that's not anything like a ghost hunt though.
    It's a lot of fun afterward laughing about how stupidly scared we got :blush: . But ghost hunts are great :)

I wanna do the whole Jack The Ripper tour thing too, it's apparently really interesting!
  • Options
    I think you have to be open to it if you wanna see ghots and stuff, even then you can be a little to enthusiastic and say you saw something when it could of just been a shadow from a tree or something.

Best thing to do is go out to some place and spend a night with a mate and set up a video cam or 2.
  • Options
    We are all energy just vibrating at different frequencies. Theres a good hardcore tune with that in.

String theory you see, or M theory, depending on what you like.

Personally I dont believe in gosts, all the ones I've come accross have always been the freaky old man who runs the old fairground.
  • Options
    Years ago, my friends used to drag me out to supposidly haunted places around town and we would scrounge around late at night being idiots. They would all get scared and go screaming like the little school girls we were. Then I started collecting stolen things from these places like toilet seat covers and door handles and stuff.
  • Options
    What were you planning to do with a second hand toilet seat?
  • Options
    It was lying there at the bottom of the basement stairs and the basement looked oh so scary so they dared me to go down there and thats when I saw it and the optertuinity was just too good to pass up. You never know when you are going to need a toilet seat cover and hey, this one was free. Maybe one day when dreams come true and I am the creepy homeless shopping cart lady I could sell it to a mentally unstable individual for some booze money.
  • Options
    Well, lets hope that day comes. It seems perhaps a slightly odd dream, but who am I to crush your megre hopes.
  • Options
    The lower you dream, the less likely chance of failure and dissapointment. And now off to warp the fragile minds of 8 year olds, maybe I'll tell them the school is haunted (just to try to keep in line with the topic of the thread)
  • Options
    Makes sense, put a bit of fear into them, sharpen their nerves.
  • Options
    i made my nephews run SCREAMING and crying when i told them a story about a monster under their bed.
    it was meant to be a lovely little bedtime story about this creature who gave out cookies to small children at exactly 9pm. or.. er, something. i think i was getting proper into it though. i did a countdown and everything [5!! 4!!! 3!!], but before i could finish they had burst into tears, arms flying everywhere, running out the room to mummy & daddy.

pahaha. won't be doing that again.
  • Options
    My sister had a witches mask I was deeply afraid of, it properly put the fear of god into me.