Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Girls don't want a gentleman any more?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm a damn gentleman as gentle and manly as they come (at same time :cool:

I open doors first all the time. I pay all the time. I us please and thank you and don't wear in front of girls and apologise if I do. I don't raise my voice and always let them go first on whatever the subject. I ask thier opinions on things like meals and drinks. I can't do any more for girls on first dates.

I am not a shy person. I'm well dressed and fashionable. I'm thoughtfu; and kind and can make any one laugh. Girl like funny guys don't they? Why don't they like manners, too?!

If I don't bother with manners and act like a slob not givin a damn, they seem to bloody stalk me afterwards never leavin me alone!!

What's goin on in the world?! Do you girls not care for manners and respect in a man any more?

Comments

• Options
    Girls don't go for nice guys. They go for the bad ones because they seem more exciting. And when they've had enough of them - then they go and find another bad guy, or go back to the same one. Duuurrrrr! :(
  • Options
    i like guys with manners and respect at the same time as a guy who is sweet and lovely at the same time as a "bad" guy just cos theyre more fun.....so really my perfect guy would have to have a wide range of personalities!!!
    youll find a girl.....lots of girls are probably hating being trodden over and looking for a guy like you!
  • Options
    bad guys are more fun because you never know if they're going to end up sleeping with your best mate, it's that tension! Sweet guys are too safe, you know they're going to be there for you, so boring, apparently.

Personally my girlfriend is incredibly sweet but when I went out with her I found out lots of interesting and exciting things. Maybe that's the thing you need to do: have a hidden side?
  • Options
    I always find i'm attracted to the men who are gentleman and have manners but who are still manly as well. You can be nice but firm which i think is where people go wrong. The reason i fell for my ex was because he had good manners, was a gentleman, treated me with respect but was still a man's man. I felt on an equal footing emotionally as both of us were confident strong personalities but both had a softer side. My problem is because i can be so bolshy a couple of ex's used to let me get away with being the dominant person instead of standing up to me. Dad always said i'd fall for someone when they actually stood up to me and low and behold i did.

So the moral of the story. Nice blokes tend to get taken for granted (because we're evil fickle women) so just have the odd "man tantrum" now and again to remind us that it's an equal partnership.
  • Options
    Girl likes bad boy > Bad boy hurts girl > Bad boy gets horny > Girl goes back to bad boy.

Its one big cycle mate and i know exactly how you feel. Girl dont like nice guys now. Heres an idea:

EVERYONE ACT LIKE A ****

Nobody will be single then :D
  • Options
    What a load of rubbish. I have not and never will find a 'bad boy' attractive.

I much prefer gentlemen there are just very few around! :p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    What a load of rubbish. I have not and never will find a 'bad boy' attractive.

I mucg prefer gentlemen there are just very few around! :p

so very true :yes:

i have never been attracted to bad boys and i doubt i ever will too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    bad guys are more fun because you never know if they're going to end up sleeping with your best mate,

Thats happened to me :( Thing is i cant help being attracted to bad boys, stupid.
  • Options
    Just something I would like to say - stop paying for everything mate.

It's supposed to be a world of "equality" so let the women pay their way. Sure, pay now and again, but make sure that (assuming they have some money) they at least grab the bill from time to time. it's only fair.

You can still be a gent with good manners etc but, to me, the paying thing is a thing from the past.

I used to pay for everything - not any more.

G.
  • Options
    You shouldn't always have to pay, it's 2004 - the girl should pay sometimes too!

I'd much prefer someone who treated me with some respect than someone who didn't, tbh. You'll meet someone who appreciates your gentlemanly ways soon, don't worry/
  • Options
    i love a good gentleman!if i have to pay for nick,which a lot of times i do(as he wastes his money on movies and cd's for him)i get mad a lot of the time,paying is good,or at least that is the way i look at it,more money to go shopping right?lol,just kidding
  • Options
    Re: Girls don't want a gentleman any more?!
    Originally posted by Davy
    I'm a damn gentleman as gentle and manly as they come (at same time :cool:

I open doors first all the time. I pay all the time. I us please and thank you and don't wear in front of girls and apologise if I do. I don't raise my voice and always let them go first on whatever the subject. I ask thier opinions on things like meals and drinks. I can't do any more for girls on first dates.

I am not a shy person. I'm well dressed and fashionable. I'm thoughtfu; and kind and can make any one laugh. Girl like funny guys don't they? Why don't they like manners, too?!

If I don't bother with manners and act like a slob not givin a damn, they seem to bloody stalk me afterwards never leavin me alone!!

What's goin on in the world?! Do you girls not care for manners and respect in a man any more?

bollocks to anyone who says that girls want anything else than what you describe yourself as...i have been looking for someone like you for ages....and i think i found them too, unfortunatly it's not you. but keep looking cos i'm sure i'm not one of a kind.
  • Options
    do u want my number??? lol

no seriously though theres loads of girls who like that. even if there isnt, i do!!!
  • Options
    Ha ha sorry girls he lives in the same area as me!!

Seriously there are a lot of girls who like bad boys for the excitement and the crazy side of things but once you've been hurt enough times you start to come back to your senses. Just wait it out.... or alternatively come see me! ;):p
  • Options
    Im not sure how old you are but ive notice that with most girls that the older they get that the more they go for people that respect them and treat them nicely. Im not sayin go and grab a granny or anything, just wait im sure the right girl will come along soon ;)
  • Options
    I just turned 19 on sunday just gone.

I could be really ugleh, tho!

I have a lil a-hole side to me, too! I tend to have a bit of an anger problem but I call it mis-vented passion ;)

With all these girls sayin thats the description they'd love ... I could run the risk of soundin like a Internet dater! Is London the same area as Berkshire?

Where about in London just out of curiosity? I understand that if you reply with just this answer to above question it would be off-topic and annoyin to mods so just PM if that's all you wanna say in reply.

I've been on the Internet too long I know BB rules too well :eek2:
  • Options
    I say 'nice guys' who are unable to attract girls are probably (unfortunately) unexciting. But you don't have to be bad to be exciting. I mean, a bit of spontanaeity and 'danger' never goes amiss in a relationship. And teeth...
  • Options
    i'd rather have a nice guy than a bad guy any day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mel-H
    Im not sure how old you are but ive notice that with most girls that the older they get that the more they go for people that respect them and treat them nicely.

that's true, you know :p

but yeah, i love a man who says please and thank you in the appropriate places and doesn't mind holding doors open for people or giving up his seat on the bus.

BUT, he's got to be interesting and funny and stuff too. i wouldn't go for a guy just cause he was nice.
  • Options
    would you reckon this guy has manners...?
  • Options
    you can't tell from a pic. specially not a dodgy blurred one.

the other day i was on the bus, and this rough-looking gangster type got on, swagger and all, and i got the shock of my life when he opened his mouth and said 'scuse me mate, could you change a tenner? ok, fank you vurry much'.

ok, so that alone isn't gonna make me want to be with someone, but it made him a lot more attractive, imo.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Davy
    would you reckon this guy has manners...?

You can't judge on the way you look. Seriously yesterday I was in a shop and there were two men in suits browsing the shelves. One of them was on his mobile phone and he was telling whoever he was talking to that he thought it was rude to be on his phone in the shop because he was knocking into people, and he would call him back soon. I watched him as he was looking around and he was very polite to the other customers, saying 'excuse me', and 'thank you' , and 'would you please pass me that', he let a woman with a baby go before him in the queue and he was just generally very nice. His mate was a rude arrogant git even though you would expect a man in a suit to have manners!
  • Options
    Dunno if it's the same for girls but I like a girl to be a little sarcastic, and a bit stubborn.. not to into the nice girl next door type.

p.s, maybe your looking in the wrong places mate, nothing wrong with a well mannered person, just show you can make a little effort. Saying that, when I have been like that I found it picks up older woman more than girls my own age.
  • Options
    one point...

you can say that girls only want the bad guys, but could it not be said that us guys only want the the bad girls???
  • Options
    i say keep being yourself and one day you'll find a woman that appreciates you for who you are :)
  • Options
    And here's another girl who thinks that actually, overall bad guys finish last- they might have more success to begin with but generally a girl who respects herself will get rid of a guy who doesn't respect her too. That is unless the treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen thing really works?

But honestly, if girls know whats good for them they'll hang onto nice guys (I've got mine, and I'm never gonna lose him again!).

Manners, consideration, respect- everything you talked about- it has a really high value in serious relationships- you'll meet plenty of girls who appreciate you!
  • Options
    Re: one point...
    Originally posted by hatmuncher
    but could it not be said that us guys only want the the bad girls???
    Nope. I'd say I want a nice girl. Polite in public. A princess in company - and an utter slut in the bedroom! :naughty:
  • Options
    It's all well and good being nice, but there has to be some substance to it.

Always paying, always doing as your told- it's a bit boring, innit?
  • Options
    Depends on what you call a gentleman though... It doesn't take much for somebody to respect a lady's feelings...
  • Options
    Re: Re: one point...
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Nope. I'd say I want a nice girl. Polite in public. A princess in company - and an utter slut in the bedroom! :naughty:

ROFL...thats so you wobble.

but no Everyones really said what i had to say...I go for guys who are gentlemen... My new fella is the absolute perfect gentleman but he knows how to put me in my place as well. (Yeah I know it don't take me long to move on....please don't say anything!)

Guys need to be strong but still well mannered and polite and helpful. Girls fall for it more and more when they get older and want to settle down. The bad boy sort of image is all well and good when we're just out for a bit of fun, but when we want to be serious it's a no no.