Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

piercing tomorrow

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what do you think about piercings?
do you have any?
im getting labret done tomorrow..middle bottom lip kindof underneath it.
parents are mad and will kick me out or something i reckon, but i really want it done, and it's my choice, right? i was 16 on saturday anyway..so it's legal. :)
im nervous...terrified it'll hurt and scared i'll get a bad reaction from parents.
but at the same time im soo excited as i really want it done!!! :D
would it suit me? (me a month and a half ago:http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v110/burningwings/putting_off_revision_008.jpg)

Comments

• Options
    Will it suit you? Not sure. I think you'll get away with it, when you smile and don't look so down like you do in that pic. Labret's are quite neat and subtle, so it should be ok. Your parents, on the other hand, won't be ok. Just be prepared to be yelled at, and don't give them any lip back (and you'll have a big fat lip by then!) :D
  • Options
    why ruin a perfectly good face?
    goodnight and god bless.
  • Options
    that's me looking moderately cheerful! lol!!
    thanks! i like labrets!
    my dad should be ok but my mum wont. you think the best thing is to just not answer back? what if they do something totally unfair and not realistic..like "take it out or we're not letting you go to reading festival" when theyre unrelated and ive been looking forward to it for so long/ id argue that i think, and end up with nothing
  • Options
    and it's not a perfectly good face,but thankyou.
    a piercing should draw the attention away from the face
  • Options
    Sorry, but the way you said "I'm 16 now so..." reminded me of my mates who are or nearly 16. There is absolutely no point in saying you're 16 because unless you have something to fall back on then you're screwed whatever age you are. I'm not 16 yet and I know that it won't make any difference.

ON TOPIC:

Go ahead and have it done if you're sure, it's you who has to live with it when it gets infected ;/
  • Options
    Originally posted by burningwings
    and it's not a perfectly good face,but thankyou.
    a piercing should draw the attention away from the face

It will be under your lip, on your face how will it draw the attention away from your face if it's on your face?
  • Options
    uh because people'll be concentrating on that rather than looking at me.
    and i mean, im 16 so it's legal for me to do it without parental permission.
    it wont get infected, because of the lovely salivary amylase in my mouth.
  • Options
    uh because people'll be concentrating on that rather than looking at me.
    and i mean, im 16 so it's legal for me to do it without parental permission.
    it wont get infected, because of the lovely salivary amylase in my mouth.

Urm...Go you!!!

:/
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    It will be under your lip, on your face how will it draw the attention away from your face if it's on your face?

yes - surely it will draw more attention away from the rest of your body towards your face?
  • Options
    Urm...Go you!!!

:/

if you say so
  • Options
    Originally posted by SupaStar
    yes - surely it will draw more attention away from the rest of your body towards your face?

good. i hate my face but i f**king detest the rest of my body.
  • Options
    if you say so

Yes I do :/
  • Options
    good. i hate my face but i f**king detest the rest of my body.

Do you need to cry on my shoulder n00b? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Do you need to cry on my shoulder n00b? :rolleyes:

Give it a rest kid, that image don't suit you.
  • Options
    erm, ok.. thanks for being welcoming and furthering my good mood, whilst reminding me of the guy on saturday (my bday) who decided to amuse himself by calling me attention seekign and making fun of me, simply because we had diff tastes in music.
    yes, youre lovely.

but is anyone else online to comment on piercings?
  • Options
    that's me looking moderately cheerful! lol!!
    thanks! i like labrets!
    my dad should be ok but my mum wont. you think the best thing is to just not answer back? what if they do something totally unfair and not realistic..like "take it out or we're not letting you go to reading festival" when theyre unrelated and ive been looking forward to it for so long/ id argue that i think, and end up with nothing
    Then if you think they seriously may stop you from going to the Reading Festival, then don't get it done.
    There's no good going into a full blown argument with them. But I don't know a good argument to put to them.
  • Options
    Go for it hun... I think if you want to get it done.. Do it..

your parents will be mad (from what you said) but they'll probably calm down with it after a while.

Good luck with what you choose;)
  • Options
    I think it would look cute on you. But I'm not trying to be mean but if you really don't like your face then maybe a facial piercing isn't the way to go. But then again, its a piercing and if you don't like it the option to remove it is always there. I think it would look good and if you want it I say go right for it! :D And I wouldn't worry too much about the whole parential situation. Afterall, it is just a hole and even if they don't like it I doubt they will do anything drastic. Good luck. Do tell if it hurts or not as I would love to get one also. And not to keep going on and on, even though I am, don't overestimate the natural bacteria in your mouth. It is helpful but an infection could still come around, my tongue and lip both got mildly infected when I had them done. Just a word of warning.
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Give it a rest kid, that image don't suit you.

I've just had enough of people whining about how they hate themselves and things. Why can't people just be happy with who they are? It's only arseholes who poke jibes at people who don't look as nice as them, the majority of people look for the person within. I'm going to bed now.
  • Options
    Jazza.. you could lay of a bit eh... so she might have a few self confident problem.. I'm sure that'll make her feel sooooo much better about her self..
    :rolleyes:

and yes she's a NOOB something wrong with new people joining.. they haven't GOT to do as you say or nowt..

Lay off...
  • Options
    i'll pretend i like myself then?

i really dont want it to stop me going to reading, but it shouldnt.. i just need to get to the ticket before they do and hope they calm down. plus a friend is coming to stay with us for a day before hand...and my mum's v big on appearances so should let me go anyway..hopefully..
    the option to remove it is there for ages!! less permanent than a tattoo! and i have a 10week holiday for it to heal hopefully... ive wanted it done for so long!!

edit: thankyou hellfire.
  • Options
    i'll pretend i like myself then?

i really dont want it to stop me going to reading, but it shouldnt.. i just need to get to the ticket before they do and hope they calm down. plus a friend is coming to stay with us for a day before hand...and my mum's v big on appearances so should let me go anyway..hopefully..
    the option to remove it is there for ages!! less permanent than a tattoo! and i have a 10week holiday for it to heal hopefully... ive wanted it done for so long!!

edit: thankyou hellfire.

No problem :)

btw.. did your parents pay for your Reading ticket?
  • Options
    yeah, it was a birthday present.. but hasnt arrived in the post yet..
    im not sure though if i can claim it's mine as it was for bday, or if it's still theirs because they paid for it...
  • Options
    I guess the logical thing to do, would be to be patient and have it done after the Reading festival, to save yourself the possible disappointment?

I mean realistically you're still a kid, your parents could easily stop you going if they wished so.
  • Options
    yeah, it was a birthday present.. but hasnt arrived in the post yet..
    im not sure though if i can claim it's mine as it was for bday, or if it's still theirs because they paid for it...

firstly it comes 7days before the event for secerity reasons

secondly you could do as Zoma said

or thirdly do you think your parents are going to say you can't go and waste £100+pounds.. I know my mum wouldn't and you can't refund... (well if you can tell them you can't I did to my mum)
  • Options
    i do want to wait, but i need to get it done this week so it can heal before school, because they can make you take it out (6th form is only allowing nose piercings, ear piercings and tattoos but the headteacher said i could get it done and wear a clear one or whatever, but you cant do that till it's healed)
    im hoping i can get it done and say "i'll take it out if you dont like it" and theyll say "oh no, we were wrong, it looks nice" but that prob wont happen.
    thanks for the end of the last page z0ma.. :)
    and yes..they can stop me going to reading..unless i was really cruel and used school in some way (i get gcse results the day reading starts) but that'd probably be immature
  • Options
    my dad should be against wasting £100, and 7 days before??? god that's going to make me paranoid!!
    if my cousins go then theyll let me go regardless, to keep up appearances in the family..which is cool, i dont like my cousins but id rather go with them than not at all
  • Options
    i do want to wait, but i need to get it done this week so it can heal before school, because they can make you take it out (6th form is only allowing nose piercings, ear piercings and tattoos but the headteacher said i could get it done and wear a clear one or whatever, but you cant do that till it's healed)
    im hoping i can get it done and say "i'll take it out if you dont like it" and theyll say "oh no, we were wrong, it looks nice" but that prob wont happen.
    thanks for the end of the last page z0ma.. :)
    and yes..they can stop me going to reading..unless i was really cruel and used school in some way (i get gcse results the day reading starts) but that'd probably be immature

Well least you get your results.. because I'm going to leeds I have to leave early and got to get them 5days later :crying: oh the suspence..

Anyway... It's upto you but personlly I'd risk it... but be cutious
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Well least you get your results.. because I'm going to leeds I have to leave early and got to get them 5days later :crying: oh the suspence..

Anyway... It's upto you but personlly I'd risk it... but be cutious

omg....that'd be terrible!!! do you go to leeds rather than reading then?

i think im going to risk it..it's probably not true, but i think id be happier with one, and theyre so lovely!!! i'll take it out if there's a violent reaction to it though
  • Options
    Hope your sure,

no... this is my first festival and the person I am going with lives in doncaster so she is going leeds (closer to her) she was also going to come with me to V04 but didn't have the money for both so I got rid of my V ticket and got a Leeds camping one :D

No biggie just £60 in travel.. :(