Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

something everyone should see

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *ash*n*nick*
    http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/27166.htm

factual errors in the film

you better be voting in November!!!!! (I know I sure am)
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    you better be voting in November!!!!! (I know I sure am)

yep
    Bit of a bizarre article given that it only covers the first 10 minutes of the film but interesting.

Still I found the footage from Iraq was the really powerful stuff rather than Moore's interpretation of events (he's always been odd when he's talking about something you know - anyone else see his TV Nation on the BBC TV licence).
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    I thought it was a new after shave.... no really. I know, I'm a dummy.

There is an aftershave range and what not called Farenheit; my dad likes it.
    **spoiler?** maybe?

Of course the film is 'biased' in that it presents one side of the story. But it's a side of the story which seems to get overlooked a lot. (There's a passage in Dude, Where's My Country? which points out how one-sided the coverage of the 'debate' over war in Iraq was on American TV) And, just because it only presents one side doesn't mean that what it says is untrue.

I thought it was an amazing film. It wasn't perfect, and it doesn't set out to proclaim the whole truth. But it seems to be providing a much needed wake up call to people all across the West that it isn't inevitable that things go this way.

What I found most telling was the attitude of the patriotic conservative, Christian woman who had to face up to the fact that the leaders of the country she loved had put her son in a situation where he got killed when Iraq posed no real threat to the USA.

So, Michael Moore's opponents can argue about factual accuracy (there is detailed rebuttal of all charges on his website at www.michaelmoore.com) and of course Americans will be able to vote as they please in November's election. But maybe this film will help them (and commentators elsewhere) to ask more searching questions about the nature of the Bush administration and whether it is actually doing what is best for America (and the rest of the world)

Hope that's not too political for Entertainment!
    Sorry was my last reply so long it killed the thread?

Hope not - anyone else seen it recently? Do share your thoughts!

(bump!)
    Originally posted by pedr
    Sorry was my last reply so long it killed the thread?

Hope not - anyone else seen it recently? Do share your thoughts!

(bump!)

Im travelling 20 miles to go to the next town with it at the Cinema this week! My town does not
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Im travelling 20 miles to go to the next town with it at the Cinema this week! My town does not

its showing it next week :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: