Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Is ex holding us back?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been seeing a guy now for a fewof months, we had a bit of a difficult start because my friend liked him too but now things are sorted and we have got the okay and stuff.

The problem lies with his ex, they were like high school sweethearts and went out for three years and last Summer she broke his heart and ended things without valid reason. He has openly admitted he still has feelings for her but since she was his first love I wouldn't expect anything less. The problem is I feel like its affecting us. He constantly worries that we are getting too serious and that we like each other too much. I dunno if this is because he is scared to get close to me because of what his ex did or if its something else?!

Any thoughts or opinions are welcome on how I should go about sorting this out before it ruins us before we even begin properly.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tell him how you feel. Not compleatley, but explain to him that you arent going to hurt him, and you hope he trusts you, things like that. Maybe he just needs confidence?
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Tell him how you feel. Not compleatley, but explain to him that you arent going to hurt him, and you hope he trusts you, things like that. Maybe he just needs confidence?

Thanx tink! A dunno about telling him how I feel because he keeps going on about not getting serious which is fine by me a just dont want it to seem like am pressuring him if that makes sense? Hes also told me he is sick of the way people keep going on about us like we are a married couple but then invites me to stay with him and stuff. Its just confusing me so much. He is the kinda guy who aint afraid to talk about his feelings. A just dunno whether am coming or going with him. :(
    to be honest hun it sounds like he really isnt ready for a relationship. Im sorry, cos i know that aint what you wana, hear, but maybe if you suggested you had abit of time apart. it'd give him time to sort his head out, and hopefully realise how much he misses you, and therefore how over his ex he is