Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Christians shouldn’t vote.

My reasons are: taking part in voting you take part in deeds of Earth Kingdoms that are Evil by definition.
Voting is democracy but how can truly Christians believe in democracy?
It was the will of the people, the majority’s decision, the public opinion when they yelled ‘Kreuzige, kreuzige!'
It was Democracy.
Let’s be honest, voting is not about ‘civil rights’, voting is about Power. If one votes for party X he just wants them to grab the main system keyboard and being a supporter of their policy to get a small button to push and manipulate… to tell his neighbour Halt! My winner party forbids you from having dandelions, old fridges, curved bananas, rifles, red-painted cars, cannabis, diamonds, five-pointed forks, Confederate flags, Indian rupias, broken windows, pirate Windows, bad-bred cats, unwashed children, same-sex lovers, Al Qoran, Communist Manifesto, Mein Kampf, second wife, a well, not-licensed tin opener, NZ brewed beer… so on ad infinitum- in your own yard, house, shop…
Could Jesus be a ruler who would try to establish peace, justice, prosperity? Surely He could. He could get the office of Roman Emperor. But He preferred to be crucified. He knew how much disgusting Power is.
Unfortunately lots of people who are Christians in many respects still believe in Earth Kingdom. They trade their God-given right to rule themselves for a foggy opportunity to rule others.
Do you agree?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I haven't a scooby what you're on about. :confused:
  • Options
    Remember kids:

"Just Say No"

:D
  • Options
    But if everyone just ruled themselves then what do you about the people who do things that have effects on things other than themselves. For example: murder.

Most religions contradict themselves anyway, so I don't see why christianity should be any different!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I haven't a scooby what you're on about. :confused:

Nor me. Post the point, I'm interested to know why Christians shouldn't vote... I can't wait to read it tbh.
  • Options
    Everyone should be allowed to vote... even free market libertarians!

:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    Same here. iam a Christian and why shouldn't I be allowed to vote? :confused:

Think he was trying to highlight the point christians aren't meant to be involved in 'earth-kingdoms' or basically giving some people more power over others. He points out that Jesus could have but didn't. So Christians shouldn't vote because their religion tells them not to partake in any process of giving power etc etc.

What exactly would a perfect Christian world look like then? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    What exactly would a perfect Christian world look like then? :confused:
    Jesus on the cross. Completely righteous, dying for others.

But I don't see your point about not voting - if you live in a democratic system then you should follow the rules of that society. It's a responsibility to vote if you vote responsibly (i.e. not for the Satanist Party or anything)!

Edited to explain, Shyboy, I read your thing as "what would the perfect Christian look like?" :rolleyes:

Silly Piccolo. I don't know the answer to your question in that case. I know there would be no sin and no suffering.
  • Options
    would jesus have voted ?
    who would he vote for today?
    having put my name to tony blair ...do i have the blood of the iraqi people on my hands?
  • Options
    There is heirarchy in the church, so why not in the rule of this country? Look at the line in All Things Bright and Beautiful...

The rich man in his castle, the poor man at the gate... God made them high and lowly and ordered their estate

God gave man free will, so why not use it? At the end of the day the country needs holding together.
  • Options
    Jesus would vote communist. Or perhaps socialst. The very last thing Jesus would vote for would be conservatives/right wingers, for they stand against absolutely everything Jesus believed in.
  • Options
    When Jesus said 'he who federalises Judea federalises the least of us' we can infer he would now, given Brussels malign intentions, vote UKIP
  • Options
    LOL.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Jesus would vote communist. Or perhaps socialst. The very last thing Jesus would vote for would be conservatives/right wingers, for they stand against absolutely everything Jesus believed in.

lol Jesus the trade unionist ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    When Jesus said 'he who federalises Judea federalises the least of us' we can infer he would now, given Brussels malign intentions, vote UKIP
    i'd love to know what medication your on!
  • Options
    I'm gonna be 33 in a couple of weeks. Same age as Jesus when he was crucified.
    I'm scared. :eek:
  • Options
    Jesus would never vote. He refused Devil’s proposition to get big power, why would He take a small piece of power that ballot gives?
    If a Christian votes and his party wins he foists his rules on others who would never accept them voluntary, in this way killing a piece of their free will. If a Christian votes he gives a part of his free wills to government. If a Christian votes he accepts rules of the game and agrees with its results regardless of the score. If his boys are sent overseas to kill and be killed for interests of a small group naming itself a government he have no right to say No even if he voted against because he has accepted rules of the game and can’t change them afterwards like the Queen in Wonderland.
    Voting is not taking responsibility, voting is giving up responsibility to people he doesn’t know anything about except their promises. If a Christian votes he agrees that a will of the majority is more important than his faith, conscience, principles and God’s Laws and if the majority says ‘Crucify Him’ it is his guilt too.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Christians shouldn’t vote.
    Originally posted by J
    ? Anyway, doesn't JC forgive?
    anything and everything we do? thats the born again attitude. it means you can carry on sinning knowing the boss is going to forgive you. that can't be right can it?
    the way i understand it is that forgiveness was available to those who truly repented of their bad ways ...truly felt remorse and made the decision yto walk a new path.
    otherwise ...we can go on killing and stealing and raping ...as long as we declare that we believe in the lord ...that doesn't make sense and is a mockery of what those scriptures were actualy about surely.
  • Options
    Errrmmmm im not a christian, but didnt Jesus take the crusifiction as a price to pay for all of mans sins, thus granting all of us eternal salvation? rather than him not wanting to be an emperor?

So in actual fact, Christians should vote, because Jesus gave them the opertunity to by letting them all live!
  • Options
    He never gave anybody the right to rule their fellow men so he never gave Christians the right to vote. Free will, yes, but free will means everybody is free to sin or not to sin. Voting is an attempt to command others, to be a small Caesar so it is sin. Plane and simple.
    My point is: Christian as any citizen has the legal right to vote but being a Christian he has no moral right to vote.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Christians shouldn’t vote.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    anything and everything we do? thats the born again attitude. it means you can carry on sinning knowing the boss is going to forgive you. that can't be right can it?
    the way i understand it is that forgiveness was available to those who truly repented of their bad ways ...truly felt remorse and made the decision yto walk a new path.
    You're right - the thing is that no one will ever stop sinning completely. Human nature, sad but true. God forgives us our sins if we have faith in His son and His death on the cross. But if you truly love God you'll want to obey him, right? So you may carry on sinning but as long as you repent of it and have faith that God has saved you, He will. And you have to accept that as vile as rape and murder are, in God's eyes all sin is equal. So lying is as bad as rape in His eyes.

Does that make sense? I can find some Bible verses if you want, I'm being lazy but if anyone wants me to in order to clarify / support what I said, I will.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LabRat
    Jesus would never vote. He refused Devil’s proposition to get big power, why would He take a small piece of power that ballot gives?
    That's ridiculous. The Devil told Jesus to renounce His father - last time I checked I didn't have to walk into the ballot and say "I reject Jesus Christ as my saviour" or anything in order to vote. It's totally different.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Christians shouldn’t vote.
    Originally posted by piccolo
    I can find some Bible verses if you want,
    no please don't ...please.
  • Options
    What if they voted for a Christian party that enforced the bible as the law? would that count?:p
  • Options
    Re: Christians shouldn’t vote.
    Unfortunately lots of people who are Christians in many respects still believe in Earth Kingdom. They trade their God-given right to rule themselves for a foggy opportunity to rule others.
    Do you agree?

No. I don't agree. They have every right to vote for a party that they perceive to be upholding their Christian values - whether I agree with those values or not.
  • Options
    He never gave anybody the right to rule their fellow men so he never gave Christians the right to vote. Free will, yes, but free will means everybody is free to sin or not to sin. Voting is an attempt to command others, to be a small Caesar so it is sin. Plane and simple.
    My point is: Christian as any citizen has the legal right to vote but being a Christian he has no moral right to vote.

Interesting point Lab, I like it. This is not an answer to your thread, but as it is the first time you make sense I thought I should let you know...