Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sex on a first date

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since I split with my boyfriend I've been arranging dates with various blokes and all of them seem to think I should be having sex with them on a first date. Is this normal practice?

Do all blokes think women are going to sleep with them on a first date?

Comments

• Options
    It wouldn't be something I'd do, but if it's something you would then why not. Thing is, in my opinion, if they wanted to be more than friends or whatever, they'd have more respect for you and themselves than to sleep with you on the first date. I'd be inclined to think they didn't want anything else; however it depends on the bloke.
  • Options
    The funny thing is I made it very clear I'm not that kind of person, I like to know someone likes me for me and isn't only after one thing. That has quickly weeded the genuines ones out I have to say!
  • Options
    Pah the art of being a gentleman is being lost in a sea of bloody hormones. I suppose it depends how pushy the blokes being. There are really nice blokes out there that maybe have a few too many sherberts and think ah sod it i'll say something and then probably think oops didn't mean to be pushy on the first date. But then yes you do get the arseholes who think every woman is dying to sleep with them. Prefer to make them work for it myself, my respect that is :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carolina
    Pah the art of being a gentleman is being lost in a sea of bloody hormones.

My sentiments exactly!! I've told one in particular who I really like that he needs to stop acting like a desperate 16 year old!
  • Options
    Sex on a first date?

:no:

I hate men :mad:
  • Options
    Not for me. If both people are happy to then go for it, but imo any half decent bloke wouldn't expect you to sleep with them on a first date.
  • Options
    I wouldnt not do it, it depends on if i knew the lad before had or wether i was very drunk :blush:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    My sentiments exactly!! I've told one in particular who I really like that he needs to stop acting like a desperate 16 year old!

See i never mastered the art of being that polite. Pushy, cocky men are like red rag to a bull to me and my manners tend to go out the window. Although holding up my hands i've not been an angel when i was younger :D Things have changed now and i value good manners and gentlemanly behaviour more than i did say 5 years ago. Also i think a lot of the time it does depend on how long you've known someone. If i've known them years and it's developed into some sort of sexual attraction then i would relax my rules ;) I'm very fickle really :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Sex on a first date is a bad idea unless thats all you want too.
  • Options
    i would say no.only maybe if you've known each other for ages+have always had an attraction there+due to other reasons haven't been able to be together before.

i find guys who sleep with a girl on first date dont think it'l last+tend to just end up with a physical relationship (which tends2be quite short)
  • Options
    Though it might be common to say it- if a guy expects sex on your first date then he clearly does not respect you.

My advise- do not go looking for people to date. Someone will come along sooner or later :)
  • Options
    Re: Sex on a first date
    Since I split with my boyfriend I've been arranging dates with various blokes and all of them seem to think I should be having sex with them on a first date. Is this normal practice?

There is no such thing as 'normal practice,' it's different for everyone. But I think most people will agree that it is ridiculous, and pretty rude for them to expect you to sleep with them on a first date- where are their manners??!!
  • Options
    I just want to point out I haven't actually slept with any of them! I think this might be why I've never got past the fourth date though!!

However, as I said, I want to be sure they like me for who I am and not what they can quickly get.

I'm looking for a gentleman... anyone know where to find one these days?? :eek:
  • Options

Lol, now this is why I understand why so many of my girl mates are bisexual...
  • Options
    Well as an example, with my boyfriend now who's great and we're very very happy...
    On our second and after dates he did try it on, but i didn't sleep with him. And he told me later that if i had have slept with him right away he wouldn't respect me as much as he does.
    I think you should wait, when the right bloke comes along he'll wait to sleep with you.
    If they're willing to wait then they really like you. If they're not, they're just after a shag.
  • Options
    I just think their easy with a shag on the first date to be honest.
  • Options
    Sex on a first date is generally a bad idea, unless all you want is sex. It kinda makes a girl look cheap.

Me and the missus had sex quite early, but even then it wasn't a first date. Not even close.
  • Options
    Re: Sex on a first date
    Do all blokes think women are going to sleep with them on a first date?

Not if they want anything more than sex they don't.
  • Options
    But then, wouldn’t you be pissed of that they didn’t at least show an interest in sleeping with you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by moomog
    But then, wouldn’t you be pissed of that they didn’t at least show an interest in sleeping with you?

gentlemen can show affection and interest without saying "nice baps love, giz us a shag!"

It's easy really.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    gentlemen can show affection and interest without saying "nice baps love, giz us a shag!"

It's easy really.

Wasn't quite what I meant!!! :)

But if you don't show an interest, then the girlie is gonna start thinking you don't fancy her...

It's a fine line I know...
  • Options
    But if you don't show an interest, then the girlie is gonna start thinking you don't fancy her...

Asking her on a second date is quirte conclusive of interest:)

It's bad form to pester for slap and tickle, old chap.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Asking her on a second date is quirte conclusive of interest:)

It's bad form to pester for slap and tickle, old chap.

yep, we are thinking the same thing there...
  • Options
    yep, we are thinking the same thing there...

*knows*

Aren't I clever?:D
  • Options
    I think it is better best avoided.

All blokes (okay then, I had better make that "most" blokes) are keen to get their leg over and are not going to say no to a bit of 'how's your father'.

If they are genuinely interested in you, they won't push it, and may respect you for not giving it up easily.

Having said all that though, we are living in 2004, and if a man and woman want to have sex and do it safely, who is to stop them.

I slept with my boyfriend on our first date which was really out of character for me, but it just "happened" and more than a year on, we are still together.

Men can be very judgemental and have double standards..they will try it on with you, but some complain if you give them sex too soon. Personally I wouldn't want to be with someone like that anyway.

Make them wait until you feel ready, it will be all the better for the tension building up and feeling comfortable together.
  • Options
    I may be wrong, but I think some lads try to give you the impression they want sex with you on the first date to see whether you're easy or not. Not that I'm saying that anyone who does is easy :\. Okay, so I should think that if you're willing to that they wouldn't turn it down but they'll more than likely think more of you if you wait.
  • Options
    thinking back, with my ex, i met him one night and then saw him again the next (could be classed as a first date) and he tried it on.

why did i like him again!? :chin:
  • Options

Unfortunately while there are still gentleman out there they do tend to get buried under the growing surge of ratbags :)
  • Options
    (QUOTE) I may be wrong, but I think some lads try to give you the impression they want sex with you on the first date to see whether you're easy or not. Not that I'm saying that anyone who does is easy :\. Okay, so I should think that if you're willing to that they wouldn't turn it down but they'll more than likely think more of you if you wait. (QUOTE)

y do ppl do that?? play mind games. ahhhh sorry it annoys me. y???
  • Options
    i dont get how to quote. confuzzled