Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

'rents... who understands them??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had sex like a bunch of times (in the last 2 years) but only few weeks ago my mom started talkin about sex... not in detail or anything... just said for me to go see a doctor if I wnated to start doin it with my b.f.
I learned it all by personal experience and talking to friends, since we dont have sex. ed. at our school because the director doe not aprove it... it's portugal.. what can i say...:confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: 'rents... who understands them??

Ignorance is bliss, in her case. Well, up until now.

What do you want us to say? Your Mum's being nice, be thankful for that.
    my mum has convinced herself that I've only had sex with one boy and it only happened the once. I have no idea how she can think this but still as they say...ignorance is definately bliss
    My mum knows everything I got up to with my ex, and I mean EVERYTHING and she was fine about it. She got me on the pill (which for me and my ex, was great!) and she basically used to let us do wateva as long as she knew we were being careful.

Although my dad is a different case altogether...

He still thinks I aint kissed anyone! (Even thought I had a bf for a year and 2 months, we used to stay round each others houses so much and whenever we were at my house, we were always in bed together! ;) He still thinks I'm his lil girl.
    Ive told my mum ive had sex. But thats only with one guy. If she knew Ive had more than one partner she'd hit the roof.
    And oh my days the tramar that would be had if she knew ive had sex in the house!:eek:
    Sometimes my mom seems to be in denial and acts like she thinks i''ve never done anything.
    Then sometimes she like asks me 'you are careful aren't you?'
    I don't get it.... :confused:
    My dad's not so niave but i never talk about sex with him.
    I think you would be surprised how much parent's know about what you get up to, they're not stupid, and they've all been there before...

They just don't wanna let on...
    Parents act like they are in denial because it saves everyone embarassment.

Would you prefer that, instead of hinting, she said "when you're riding your boy's cock, remember to wear rubber? And make sure he ain't got knobrash" I know I wouldn't.
    Originally posted by moomog
    I think you would be surprised how much parent's know about what you get up to, they're not stupid, and they've all been there before...

They just don't wanna let on...

:yes: Thats so my mum.