Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Yasmin. contraceptive Pill that stops you putting on weight

Has anyone here had it? Im thinking of asking my dr for it.
I came off the pill about 10 months ago and quickly lost about a stone, so now for the first time in years im at a weight im happy with, without even trying. Having suffered with eating disorders in the past, this is really important to me (sorry if it sounds shallow) I have heard of a pill called Yasmin which is supposed to be better for not making you gain weight, and was wondering if anyone here had any experience of it.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ive been on it and it was no different to any other pill ive been on (which is alot of them) i still gained weight but pills dont cause me to gain that much weight anyway it depends on the person
    i spose the only way to find out is to try it really?
    i'm on yasmin. i just heard that it was gentler to the body or something and thats why i went on it.
    what do you think of it in comparison to other brands of pill?
    I came off the pill in the first place because I felt it flattened my mood ( I was on microgynon) Ive felt a lot better in general since I came off it, as well as losing weight.
    How do you Yasmin users feel it compares - side effects etc?
    It sounds like you are much happier not being on the pill. Maybe you should have a good read up on other types of contraception and talk to your GP about something else?
    Take a look at the following links for more info:
    TheSite's contraception factsheets
    fpa's guide to contraception
    Choosing the right method
    :)