Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should Blunket be able to control police chief's?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The man didn't even do anything wrong.
    By the laws of the Data Protection Act it would have been illegal for him or anyone else in his force to keep legally binding records about Huntley on file.
    If someone is found innocent of their previous crimes (like he was) then there is no reason to keep information like this on file. It would also be completely illegal for any employer to look at any remaining intelligence files and to use them to give reason not to employ someone.

it doesn't matter how much of a bastard someone can be, you cannot judge them on something they MIGHT have done in the past.
    Blunkett is trying to take too much power away from individual police forces instead of taking away the beuracracy that make's the police force's job harder than it needs to be.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    lol, idiot! Who do you prefer some Europeans?

theifing is a crime!

ok, what ever! Your opinion.

I did not say that, but The Murdoch press is a foul institution.

Yeah, theiving is a crime whats the point? So is shooting someone in the back...in fact ts a worse crime

and do everyone a favour and:

stfu.jpg

:)

I thought you would appreciate a fellow right winger telling you ;)
  • Options
    do me a favour and into the real world, come to my street yeah? I'd love to show you around, prehaps you would like to stake some things home with you? :D

everyone get this into yuor head, The Sun which i DO read, does nto rule my life and does not account for my opinions.

You guys and papers, geee you think some papers rule this world?

I would rather not meet you :no: I *am* in the real word fool. And what are you accusing me of being a thief now? :rolleyes:

and yes newspapers do have an influence on what people think, i have studied voting behavior and newspapers have an influence on how people vote. As i said One foreigner is controlling what people think.
  • Options
    I don't think you're fully aware of the workings and the power of Rupert Murdoch.

As a matter of fact, you should be disgusted as a proud English patriot that Mr. Murdoch, an Australian-born US citizen who dodges this country of countless millions in tax thanks to his offshore company registrations, should think he has a right to dictate how this country is run.

The man is an enemy of this nation and the S*n is his mouthpiece. The S*n does not speak for its readers or for this country. It speaks for that nasty ultra right wing, tax dodging, europhobe, god-bothering neo-con.
  • Options
    I am more digusted with Europeans eating our tax thank you.

The man is an enermy to Guardian readers thats all.

Europe only takes about 0.2p out of every pound in tax. Im sure Murdoch is avoiding paying in more than that into the British economy.

I would say he was a threat to Democracy personally, with one man having such an influence when he shouldnt have
  • Options
    Mr. Murdoch is not using the system illegally is he? Breaking no rules so whats wrong with making money?

You have problems with right wing people, you think we are all bad to this world etc. Grow up will you!

He is tax dodging, im sure thats a crime.

and the right does represent the flaws in human nature such as greed, racism, intolerance etc
  • Options
    if it's a crime it wouldn have been delt with. :)

You are stupid, every right man/woman is either racist, intolerant etc, do some homeowork. iam all of these too arn;t I/

I think you will find more rascism and intolerance within the Conservative Party than the Labour Party or the Liberal Democrat party....
  • Options
    He's a tax dodger who not only is completely and utterly loaded but also employs a team of tax experts to study and exploit loopholes in the law and avoid paying as much tax as possible. A typical case of unlimited greed and breath-taking selfishness exploiting the law and making the country poorer as a result.

And at the same time this tax avoiding foreigner thinks it is perfectly reasonable to hold Prime Ministers and other politicians at ransom and dictate how they should run the country.

How could you be not utterly disgusted at him? Regardless of what his politics might be?
  • Options
    I think you'll find more loonies in the Liberal Democrats than other party.

Hey with an attitude like that i can understand.

whats so loony about the Liberal Democrats then Lukesh?
  • Options
    cheers for putting a smile on my face, i need that as I have been feeling rock bottom lately. :)
    I'm glad these things make you happy. Please note that this is no difference from people living on the dole or claiming all sorts of benefits.

So from now on please spare us your regular moans about people on the dole and so on.

Give me evidense Ok on these claims?
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I was just copying you.

As you called the Conservatives racist, please expalin this?

The Conservatives have a history of rascism, look at people like Lord Tebbit. I remember a story of how a Conservative safe seat turned non-Conservative because the Conservatives put up a black candidate. There are plenty of stories.

and finally from my Politics revision notes on 'Conservatism it says there that conservatives occasionly tend to be rascist
  • Options
    If only it could open your eyes...

But that's asking too much clearly.
  • Options
    Wasn't recently when a Liberal Democrat showed her support for terroists?

She said she could understand there plight or something. I dont think that counts as rascism though.
  • Options
    What on earth are you on about now?

And how would that have anything to do with racism?
  • Options
    she was supporting terroists!

is that rascism though? because thats what you were attemping to say that the Conservatives are not, which you still havnt done.

Erk i dont know why im bothering you, im going to go and revise of all things conservatism :(
  • Options
    Typical right wing derailing attempts.

When everything else fails, when found cornered, try to take the debate away from the issue at hand by throwing irrelevant questions.

You'd do well at mil.com Luke! :);)
  • Options
    you were calling conervatives racist, so i decided to call liberals supporters of terroists. even though it's a tiny minority who are.

If the conservatives are terroists then that makes me one and a great amount of the British populution.

What the fuck are you on about? How is being a terrorist and being a rascist the same thing? :eek2:
  • Options
    :confused:

WHO SAID IT WAS YOU DICKHEAD!

You said it was. You jumped from rascism to terrorism in an effort to avoid yet another question.
  • Options
    This is the exact quote:

you were calling conervatives racist, so i decided to call liberals supporters of terroists

There's only one thing to say to such statement:
  • Options
    pLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN I SAID THIS "How is being a terrorist and being a rascist the same thing?"

THEN I'LL SAY SORRY!

You did not, but you avoided responding to my evidence that the Conservatives are occasionly rascist to the Liberal Democrats supporting terrorism.

Jeez
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    This is the exact quote:

you were calling conervatives racist, so i decided to call liberals supporters of terroists

There's only one thing to say to such statement:

aaaaaaaaaaw ^^
  • Options
    You left your caps lock on.
  • Options
    WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY? AGREE THAT TORIES ARE RACIST? I DON'T THINK SO.

SEE WHAT I MEAN, BULDING ENERMIES AS SOMEONE WON'T AGREE WITH YOU.

You cant deny that the Conservatives have rascist tendancies though, it even says it in my 'British Politics in Focus' textbook its right there on page 28 :)
  • Options
    If I might say so Luke you have dug yourself into it.

If you start making wild and totally untrue accusations such as "Labour and the Left don't want to punish crime and don't care about the victims", or "the government is out to fine people go at 30.01 mph", then you can expect people to lay on to you.

Then as the debate moves on towards tabloids and the upholding of the law you initially appear to support people shooting intruders because "they brought it onto themselves", then claim that you don't support killing people for stealing (which is fair enough) but then claim that the tabloid you read and a number of other papers don't support that either. When it is universal knowledge that they did indeed support such thing through the actions of Tony Martin.

Then you go on to offer your blind support to a man who is detested by the entire political spectrum in this country and who is acknowledged to have far too much control over the government and to have deprived this nation of many tens of millions of Pounds of due taxes- while at the same time demanding to determine how the country should be run, which as well as anything else stinks of hypocrisy and double standards.

Then an accusation of racism and intolerance is made against the Conservative Party (and whereas the Conservative Party itself might not be racist, there are racist elements within it) and you respond by accusing the Lib Dems of being supporters of terrorists.

What do you expect to happen?
  • Options
    i feel luke deserves this

spam5.gif

dont make non-sensical replies to questions please luke - just answer the question - youd make a briliant politician!!
  • Options
    SORRY IAM CONFUSED.

MY REPLIES MAY SEEN SHITE ON THIS IT'S BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE SHIT!

Your replies i not seen as that valid because you just make wild statements without any actual evidence or just completely avoid a question and change the subject
  • Options
    but saying the tories are racist sin't wild?

members of the Conservatives and Conservative voters do have a higher tendancy to be rascist. I gave my reasons above, I can even quote the text book if you want
  • Options
    Christ, that flashing img almost gave me an epilleptic fit!

Renzokuken . you seem to believe NuLab when it says a)educatonal standards are improving- most ppl believe the opposote with a dilution of standards to get kids through

b)crime-we're in an era when gun crime, for example is on the rise, violent crime. too. Plus, given the general hassle of London streets, much crime is ignored by police, if ppl are coming up to you selling'weed/crack' they're not being arrested because it's police policy to ignore it

Plus, given the difficulty of actually contacting police (waiting on a phone)the under-reporting is under-estimated
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck

Renzokuken . you seem to believe NuLab when it says a)educatonal standards are improving- most ppl believe the opposote with a dilution of standards to get kids through

b)crime-we're in an era when gun crime, for example is on the rise, violent crime. too. Plus, given the general hassle of London streets, much crime is ignored by police, if ppl are coming up to you selling'weed/crack' they're not being arrested because it's police policy to ignore it

Plus, given the difficulty of actually contacting police (waiting on a phone)the under-reporting is under-estimated

When did i say any of that stuff? I dont know about education standards that much, my views are going to be skewed though. I went to a grammar school where of course the standards are high. Compared to the local comprehensive (which i also attended because i actually failed the 12+) it has a much better standard of teaching. All in all though i am against the selective education system as it basically determines what people can do with their lives at a low age. Seem to have gone off on a tangent here...

Violent crime may be on the up, but that does not mean everyone can defend themselves with arms. We wouldnt want incidents like Columbine happening in the UK because of easily accessable arms.

do so and make sure you ring a newspaper to expose all of this, we can't having at least 35% of the population voting a racist party next year.

Im sure the majority of Conservative voters are not rascist Lukeh, but as i said it is known that a proportion of them are. For example my Grandma to use an example is quite overtly rascist. I am merely saying it is Conservative voters by proportion who are more likely to be racist.