Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Friends!! Argghh!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For you all to understand where I'm coming from I'm gonna have to tell you the whole story..so bear with me here.

Before I went out with my ex, me and my friends were pretty close but I was kinda the outcast as I wasn't so loud as them etc. Then when I started to go out with my ex, they all turned against me as they didn't think it was right that I had a bf etc.

To cut a long story short, we gradually grew further and further apart as they were always pushing me away from the group of friends, so they were basically forcing me and my ex to get closer as I had no one else.

So after a year and 2 months, the relationship between me and my ex ended pretty badly, due to my ex cheating on me with one of my friends (one that had been pushing me away). So that all ended pretty badly and yet again my friends pushed me away (even though I wasn't expecting any more of them.)

Then recently, we all made up and it was starting to get back to how it was before me and my ex got together (nearly and year and a half ago now) and I've been getting on with 2 of them extremely well (getting pissed and going out together and stuff - getting my mind off my ex really) and the others have completely ganged up on us for no particular reason (me more than the other 2).

Then the other night, me and the 2 friends who I have been getting on really well with, got drunk at one of our boy friends parties..it was all good until 1 of the 2 started to be sick EVERYWHERE. So I tried to help by holding her hair back etc and just generally being there for her, and the friends who ganged up on us started shouting at me, telling me to get out of her way, to stop 'helping' because it wasn't working etc..so I just left it. Then later on at the party I hear that they have been spreading that I hit one of them, and my ex had a spoke to them about it (and you may be wondering why he was sticking up to me, but if you read another thread I made, you'll realise we're getting back together hopefully). So i just left it at that.

Then today, I find out that one of them is having a party and everyone who is anyone is invited apart from me. I know I really shouldn't expect anything more from them but it has annoyed me quite abit. I'm just really quite angry cos I haven't done anything to them. Oh well...I spose that's 16 year old girls for you.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds like you need new friends
    Re: Friends!! Argghh!!!
    Originally posted by **grunge gurl**
    Oh well...I spose that's 16 year old girls for you.

Is it? I don't think I was like that when I was 16, nor were any of my friends. It really does sound like you need some new friends.
    Re: Friends!! Argghh!!!
    Oh well...I spose that's 16 year old girls for you.
    Absolutely not. When I was 16 (lol 2 yrs ago) me n 3 other girls were the bestest of friends (and still are) and NEVER would either of us do that to each other. Any falling out, no matter how bad would be kept between us and eventually sorted.

They really don't deserve to be your "friends". You'd be better off without them even if it means hanging around by yourself for a while. If they see that you're not gonna put up with their bullshit anymore maybe then their attitudes will change.

Good luck.
    It's hard to get new friends though....but I am going off to a different college next year so I will make new friends but for the next 2 months, I've got to live with them weather I like it or not because otherwise my 2 month summer holidays are gonna be crap.
    It's hard to get new friends though....but I am going off to a different college next year so I will make new friends but for the next 2 months, I've got to live with them weather I like it or not because otherwise my 2 month summer holidays are gonna be crap.

Well it is your choice but it is obvious they treat you like shit, however they might, for all we know, lay all the blame at your feet, we can't judge.

So, if you choose to spend two whole months with them making your miserable then you really can't be feeling that bad about it or you wouldn't bother. Spending two months on your own is far better than spending two months with people who bitch about you.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    So, if you choose to spend two whole months with them making your miserable then you really can't be feeling that bad about it or you wouldn't bother. Spending two months on your own is far better than spending two months with people who bitch about you.

The only reason I'd put up with them for 2 months is just to make my life easier. It's not like I don't have any other friends, I have 2 really great mates who I love to bits and we have such a good time together, and I've also my ex is a really good friend, so it's not like I'd be on my own. But I have fallen out with them before and they have made my life a living hell so I know it would be easier just to put up with them. It has just annoyed me that they walk all over me and treat me like shit, and yea, maybe I let them do it but still.
    The only reason I'd put up with them for 2 months is just to make my life easier. It's not like I don't have any other friends, I have 2 really great mates who I love to bits and we have such a good time together, and I've also my ex is a really good friend, so it's not like I'd be on my own. But I have fallen out with them before and they have made my life a living hell so I know it would be easier just to put up with them. It has just annoyed me that they walk all over me and treat me like shit, and yea, maybe I let them do it but still.

Ok fine, so next time they piss you off and treat you like shit you won't come here and ask for advice I take it?
    Well look, then don't fall out with them. Just ignore them. Don't bitch to them or about them. If they ask you what your problem is just say nothing.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Ok fine, so next time they piss you off and treat you like shit you won't come here and ask for advice I take it?

Alright alright, I wasn't asking for advice in the first place, I just needed to get it off my chest.

MAybe I should say something to them about it, about how they've pissed me off, or maybe it would be better to leave it and not cause any trouble? I want them to know how I feel, but I don't want to cause WW3.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry if I'm out of line here, but are there no other people you could hang out with? It's never too late to get to know people, even if you have never talked to them before, and I'd say it's worth trying even if you're going away in a few months.
    Well...found out some more stuff about my 'friends' now....

Turns out that this party, isn't just for the girls like I thought, but everyone is going, everyone I know and the only people who aren't invited are me and my ex. It's a sleepover style party with lots of alcohol etc and it sounds like it's gonna be amazing. If that wasn't enough to piss me off, today when I went into one of my boy friends houses, and the 2 girls who are being bitches sat there chanting "go home, go home go home go home" and some other stuff that I don't really wanna re-live. So theres me, almost in tears and I phone my ex and I go round to his house so he can try cheering me up cos he hates seeing me sad, and we started talking about why my friends are so horrible to me. It turns out that they have all been bitching about me when I'm not there saying that I piss them off all the time, they find me annoying and they've never liked me (funny that when I was going out with my ex they liked me so much cos they were scared of him). So now, I'm pretty pissed off with the lot of them...oh I forgot to mention that my ex's sister is invited to this party...and she don't even hardly no anyone apart from me and my ex! SO yea...just another rant from me really. :rolleyes:
    Really. Get some new friends. Theres always another party to have, and wouldnt you rather go to a party and feel that the people there were truly your friends?