Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Being Compaired

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone ever think that they are being compaired by their partner to their ex(s)?

I feel this about my boyfriend. I always think that he compaires me to his ex and thinks that she is better than me in bed.:(

Comments

• Options
    I get paranoid about this all the time..

I used to get paranoid about people thinking about exs!
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    Yeah I always get worried about this kinda thing.

Me too, it's awful isn't it? :(
  • Options
    I worry too. And my boyfriend has a lot of exes and one night stands.....I just try not too think about it. I just keep telling myself hes with me not them and thats what matters.
  • Options
    [B Its horrible when they won't reassure you either about it too. [/B]

Your boyfriend should reassure you. I got really upset when I was with my boyf once and said I was sure I was the worst he'd ever had and he said "Well not the very worst" which he thought would make it better. He couldn't understand why I cried even more! Now he only ever says nice things. Tell your boyf that you need reassurance. Point out that you reassure him and it should work both ways.
  • Options
    I tell my girlfriend she's the best, she is though, I love her to pieces.
  • Options
    Lol- thats awful! Didn't he realise in the end why you were upset when he said "you're not the very worst"?

Yeah he did in the end. He was trying to help and just didn't think. He panics when I cry and I think he just said the first thing that came into his head! But the sex has got better now we've been together a few months and when he says its really good I believe him. And when i say hes the best ever I mean it too:)
  • Options
    I used to, I think his ex probably didn't make as much as a mess in bed as I do now. :blush:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    :no: i have no need to. and i would never do that to my b/f.
  • Options
    I have come to the conclusion that i must be a right arrogant bastard because stuff like that really doesn't enter my head. It used to when i was younger and a bit insecure but as i've become happier with myself i don't really worry about things like that. If the sex was that much better then he can either a) help improve it or b) piss orf back to the ex ;)
  • Options
    I don't have a problem but he does sometimes.
  • Options
    i dont ever have to worry about being compared to my guys ex's, bcos i know that im his best, and he's definately the best ive ever had :naughty: the key to this, IMO, is trust and love. Sex is always 100 times better when it's with a person you truely :heart:Sorry for going all soppy, im just missing my guy 2day :D