Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Stuff to take,

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So what stuff will I need for Leeds? I know most stuff but it's my first time..

I know the normal stuff..

clothes,
drink/food (prices suck)
babywipes and cleaning stuff
bottle water
tent
torch
tickets and money

What else? there prob some stuff I know of or forgoten. so any ideas please.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Umm toilet roll is pretty useful, as is a mirror if you like to see what you look like in the morning!

Also, if you're taking your own food, a disposable barbecue or two is handy, we always have one when we get there on the thursday night.
    The first few years I went I bought all my food there but it ended up really expensive, its like £4.50 for a tray of noodles and then £1.50 at least for a bottle of drink. So take as much as you can with you in a cooler box or something.

Umm take your own beer/drugs/other drinks..but difficult to keep cool! Last year I tried digging a hole in the ground scout-style and it actually kind of worked!

One of those fold-up chairs is a good idea, like those crappy england flag ones you can get for a fiver. I took a couple of deck chairs last year but I think someone stole them for firewood :(

Oh and something to put on top of your tent so you can find it, which is difficult in the light let alone the dark when you're off your head. Things we've used in the past are blown-up condoms on sticks, thongs on sticks, flags, or just a big carrier bag tied to the top of the tent.

Hope that helps..I'm sure I'll think of something else later :)
  • Options
    thanks... Bog roll.. I knew I forgot something,

but yes.. can't forget beer... but no drugs for me.. I'm a good boy:)

Well... a seat and bbq I'll have to remember.. and I'm sure I'd be able rustle up a couple of thongs on the night to shove on top of the tent,

I'll also make sure it's a plastic/metal chair so it isn't used for firewood..:p

so what one you going to this year?
  • Options
    Condoms and anti-minger spray.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    but yes.. can't forget beer... but no drugs for me.. I'm a good boy:)

that's why you're drinking under age. :p

i'd never have done such a thing. :o
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    that's why you're drinking under age. :p

i'd never have done such a thing. :o

nope never.. I believe ya;)
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    Packing checklist

I noticed that the other day... and...

a matress... god.. might aswell build a hotel there:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    a matress... god.. might aswell build a hotel there:p

To be honest, if you've got an inflatable mattress, they do make it way more comfy in the tent! You'd be surprised how hard the ground is in places, and if you're a bad sleeper like I am, a mattress makes it a little better.
    Saying that, I've only ever had one once, I think most of the time you're too wasted and wouldn't even notice. Plus they're a hassle to blow up..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    To be honest, if you've got an inflatable mattress, they do make it way more comfy in the tent! You'd be surprised how hard the ground is in places, and if you're a bad sleeper like I am, a mattress makes it a little better.
    Saying that, I've only ever had one once, I think most of the time you're too wasted and wouldn't even notice. Plus they're a hassle to blow up..

from what I read I thought it was a REAL mattress,
  • Options
    Does anyone else feel like they are coming really inadaquately in for this weekend? I was jus gonna bring a tent, big carton of water, sum sandwiches, crate of beer and a toothbrush never thought about a sleeping bag or nothing.

:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by -Frosty-
    Does anyone else feel like they are coming really inadaquately in for this weekend? I was jus gonna bring a tent, big carton of water, sum sandwiches, crate of beer and a toothbrush never thought about a sleeping bag or nothing.

:eek2:

That's more than I took the first year. Turned up with 3 others and left our tent on the train (duhh!) but randomly bumped into some long-lost friends as soon as we entered the campsite so had to bundle into their tents. Apart from that I only took a couple of changes of clothes and a toothbrush. Got all my food/drink there, theres a supermarket/macdonalds nearby anyway.
    I'd say sleeping bag is pretty essential though, it can get pretty damn cold at night, especially if it rains or whatever. Failing that, if you go to the Samaritan stall, they'll give you all the free sleeping bags and blankets you want..got a nice brand new sleeping bag from them :D Had to do bit of blagging and fake shivering though...
    You can also get free durex condoms from the welfare tent..if anyone needs them or anything...
  • Options
    Is there buses going from Dublin to Witnness on the Saturday? Free sleeping bags? Free condoms? (was that an offer? :)) joking haha Ach it should all be worth it in the end, still trying to get a shift swap organised in work. So if anyone here wants to work a friday night/Saturday morning checkout shift in Tescos for me, then reply!

Is there a meet up planned?

- Frosty -

PS. Can you get a phone signal down there?