Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

earwigs.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
earwigs aye ...

Comments

• Options
    what a silly name they were given eh.........ear wigs, wtf was that all about, why give em a name like that ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    what a silly name they were given eh.........ear wigs, wtf was that all about, why give em a name like that ?
    tadpoles? they don't look a bleedin' tad like a pole ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    tadpoles? they don't look a bleedin' tad like a pole ...

lol :lol:
  • Options
    its because they crawl into your ear when you are sleeping and burrow into your brain.
  • Options
    Originally posted by SharkyBoy
    its because they crawl into your ear when you are sleeping and burrow into your brain.
    but only if your wearing a wig.
  • Options
    aye
  • Options
    How random.
  • Options
    /me slaps Doofay around a bit with a large earwig
  • Options
    Earwig comes from Old English earewicga - eare meaning ear and wicga meaning beetle or insect. Probably from the superstition that they crawl into your ear.

Tadpole comes from Old English too, taddepol literally "toad head".

ETA: This word was first in use in the 15th century. Before that they were called polwygle literally "wiggling head", modernly pronounced polliwog. I believe this word is still in use in parts of the U.S. and Canada.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    ETA: This word was first in use in the 15th century. Before that they were called polwygle literally "wiggling head", modernly pronounced polliwog. I believe this word is still in use in parts of the U.S. and Canada.

Don't they use that word in pokemon or summit like that:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by jake0
    /me slaps Doofay around a bit with a large earwig

/amsg jake0 in earwig sex0r scandal - pm [N22]sexyjoe for details.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Don't they use that word in pokemon or summit like that:confused:

I don't know I don't watch pokemon.
  • Options
    I don't know I don't watch pokemon.

oh.. why not.. it's great fun:p
  • Options
    oh.. why not.. it's great fun:p

I stopped watching childrens programmes about 20 years ago.
  • Options
    don't ya sit with the little nipper n watch them then?
  • Options
    don't ya sit with the little nipper n watch them then?

Nah, she plops them down in front of the telly with a microwave ready meal and a can of coke and goes and gossips with the neighbours :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Nah, she plops them down in front of the telly with a microwave ready meal and a can of coke and goes and gossips with the neighbours :p

It is NOT a microwave ready meal! That would involve actual effort from me to heat it up. No, I send the eldest up to McDonalds for Happy Meals all round.

And I'll have you know that I am NOT gossiping with the neighbours. :mad: No, whilst they are eating their cheeseburgers I am RIGHT THERE WITH THEM, watching Trisha and havin a fag.

:p
  • Options
    It is NOT a microwave ready meal! That would involve actual effort from me to heat it up. No, I send the eldest up to McDonalds for Happy Meals all round.

And I'll have you know that I am NOT goissiping with the neighbours. :mad: No, whilst they are eating their cheeseburgers I am RIGHT THERE WITH THEM, watching Trisha and havin a fag.

:lol: I stand corrected!
  • Options
    So let me get this right..

You slowly kill your lil nipper with smoke n fatty foods why you watch trashy day time tv.

god...isn't that life :thumb:
  • Options
    So let me get this right..

You slowly kill your lil nipper with smoke n fatty foods why you watch trashy day time tv.

Kids need fat. It's what their brains is made of. The smoke don't harm em cos I opens the winder. And Trisha aint trashy, she helps poor people what can't help themselves, innit.

:lol:
  • Options
    TRASHY like kilroy, vanessa (sp) when it was on and all the other ones..

god.. how can you watch it everyday..

and brains made of fat? so to much mcdonalds n it'll make u smart..:confused:

heh.. admit it.. ur one of those Chain smoking couch potatos

• Options
    Trisha is great! I watch it when I'm up at 25 past 9 and not at school! (which is hardly ever :()
  • Options
    TRASHY like kilroy, vanessa (sp) when it was on and all the other ones..

You are talking crap Graeme....sheesh, anyhows your at school when its on so how the fook do you know if Tricia is good or what ?
    It was class the other day, it featured orrible teenagers....like you :p They wrecked the mothers house, graffiti all over the house , ive seen better pig sty's. But the 3 lads aged from 13 to 16 just trashed the house. Tricia sorted them out and is putting them in the right direction now :D

I luv happy endings :D
  • Options
    Daytime TV, Arggg! A form of torture, chat shows suck. I watched them when im off school, about once before i went to poke myself in the eye for more entertainment...

Kilroy was the only one i watched twice, only as i was so ill i couldn't reach the remote. I then vowed never to watch a chat show again.

Earwigs are fun, though. Especially to take into school and put in teacher's desk, like grasshoppers.
  • Options
    Re: earwigs.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    earwigs aye ...

i had the pleasure of what looked like an earwig flying into me during my spanish exam on friday.... eugh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Will
    Daytime TV, Arggg! A form of torture, chat shows suck. I watched them when im off school, about once before i went to poke myself in the eye for more entertainment...

Kilroy was the only one i watched twice, only as i was so ill i couldn't reach the remote. I then vowed never to watch a chat show again.

If you don't like daytime tv then try daytime Radio 4 where you can listen to such riveting shows as "Veg Talk" and "God on My Mind".
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Trisha is great! I watch it when I'm up at 25 past 9 and not at school! (which is hardly ever :()

Agreed! I used to look forward to the days when I had a lie in and could watch Trisha. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    You are talking crap Graeme....sheesh, anyhows your at school when its on so how the fook do you know if Tricia is good or what ?
    It was class the other day, it featured orrible teenagers....like you :p They wrecked the mothers house, graffiti all over the house , ive seen better pig sty's. But the 3 lads aged from 13 to 16 just trashed the house. Tricia sorted them out and is putting them in the right direction now :D

I luv happy endings :D

I watched that 'un. :D

With all the doors ripped off and everything. :o
  • Options
    I just got nipped by one on me leg about 10mins ago - Didn't know what it was till I shook me leg and there it was trying to run away from me.... so I squashed it with me trainner and put it in the bin.

Feel bad now :(
    Should have just let it outside.
  • Options
    ya start a thread about earwigs and it mostly ends up about daytime telly ...amazing ...theres a lesson here somewhere.