Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

"Bush lied..."

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by lukesh
    here we go yet again.

I still believe there was WMD!

Proper usage would be ARE, as in, they are beginning to be found.

However, those with an extreme short attention span due to their preference to live in a movie inspired and constrained world, have not the patience for reality. Their delusions are ever so better supported by their prejudice, than fact... even when the unearthing of small objects in a large country requires a bit more than the 2-hour parameter time frame of a movie...
    sorry mate but this topic about Bush/WMD is really boring now.

As in...

The lie and defamation are page one. Everybody LOVES it...

The truth, and retraction? Are buried where no one will find them.

Hardly surprising, considering the ilk of those who found their prejudice so delicious, in this place...
    we told you there were no wmd's to be found ...they found none.
    we told you there were lots of lies to be found ...we found them in the white house ...
    If Bush gets re-elected nono of this matters, so it's up to the US voting public. I heard on radio Republican areas are still staunch

Not fluid like UK with floating voters, UKIP and all that

there was ...a long time ago.
    if you believe there are WMD'S stashed away still ...what do you base your beliefs on? you can't believe something without a basis for that belief.
    here we go yet again.

(Introduction) lukesh... Globe. Globe.. lukesh.

My favourite posters at cross purposes :)
    What some people continually appear to overlook is that the inspection teams were intended to monitor the destruction of 'WMDs', not seek them out. That task was hampered by Bush as much as Saddam (infiltrating the inspection team with CIA spies, so that Saddam kicked them out... smooth move). When they finally got the chance to do their jobs, the Iraqis said most of the weapons had already been destroyed. It then became a matter of determining if that was true. Picture that game where you have to remember which cup the ball is under, but you've lost track of the ball... and there are a thousand cups to be examined...

But keeping an eye on the ball has never been the Bush admin's strong point.
    When people have to resort to posting links to such websites you know how desperate their plight has become...

No WMDs.

No threats to world peace.

No links to 9/11.

No links to Al Qaida.

In fact, has Bush actually told the truth a single time since he cheated into office Thanatos?

P.S. What are you doing this weekend? Any plans to go to the movies? Perhaps to see this year must-see film Fahrenheit 9/11? :D
    Originally posted by Aladdin

P.S. What are you doing this weekend? Any plans to go to the movies? Perhaps to see this year must-see film Fahrenheit 9/11? :D

When is that out over here?
    it's American, sure you will enjoy it?

It's filled with the truth, 'course I will.
    I trust Bush before I trust Saddam!
    Got straightened out now, lukesh?

You have to bear in mind that Thanny likes to use a subject title that he believes will attract all the gullible pantywaist liberals. In fact, the truth is that any topic started by him brightens up our online time. He's so... visceral! <
    titters shrilly :hyper:
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne

While Bowling for Columbine brought up some interesting points, the furthest I would say about the truth in that movie, is that it is a very stretched truth, fitted to make th situation seem as he wants it.
    I wouldn't base any of my opinions on such a movie alone.

But yes, who knows what fahrenheit 9/11 will bring.
    the whole WMD/Bush subject I find so boring. Can't believe you guys still like chatting about it.

Errrrr...hello? Ever heard of a little place called Iraq and the fact that its in a complete fucking mess due to the actions of Bush and Blair? Actions predicated on the finding of WMD's? :rolleyes:
    Comparing London after WW2 to the situation in Iraq betrays a real lack of understanding of history and current affairs.
    it's American, sure you will enjoy it?

I think British films are shit, but I don't hate myself.

WWII was THE most just war of all time. Nothing in the second millenia AD comes close. Christian Crusades? Discovering America/Africa/Australasia and killing/enslaving the natives? Iraq II? Nope. So please don't compare them. It's quite insulting.
    at the end of the day bush has lied lied and lied some fucking more ...and some of you still defend him!
    is this realy the kind of person YOU would vote for to lead the 'free' world?

Its a piece of entertainment, its created to make money, I personally would take everything Moore says in it with a large pinch of salt.

Moore's films and books should be treated with the same amount of scepticism as those on the right, for example Bill O'Reilly and Anne Coulter.
    I trust Bush before I trust Saddam!

You drunk? Saddam was telling the truth abou no WMD's, he even released video's of them being destroyed way back when. Im Supprised no cruise missiles have turned up with 'USA' crossed out and 'Iraq' written on in permanent marker...

Serious, Iraq was all about Oil, Cuba poses more of a threat as they could stop making Cigars. Don't ask me why Cuba is on the Axis of evil list, all they have is one rusty old Russian anti-air missile in a farmers feild, which doesn't work. And a few MiG's, the MiG-29 is superiour to the F-15 though, but they only have 2... oh, and lots of Cigars!:lol:
    Can anybody here explain why US an UK have the right to have WMD but Iraq doesn’t?
    No Iam perfectly soba

I prefer Bush to saddam anyday may i repeat1
    perfectly sober but mad!
    saddam won't be standing in the elections ...he's tied up at the moment.
    Can anybody here explain why US an UK have the right to have WMD but Iraq doesn’t?

I agree what right does any state have in owning such vile weapons even though they are a democracy?

I know of the MAD scenario and its impact it had on the cold war but they should be outlawed fully by the UN and destroyed.
    Outlawed by the UN? That means by USA, Russia, China, UK and France? Yes it is outlawed. For lower races.
    Hi Luke
    Read these words of FoxNews’s O’Reilly

O'REILLY: Because look . . . when two percent of the population feels that you're doing them a favor, just forget it, you're not going to win. You're not going to win. And I don't have any respect by and large for the Iraqi people at all. I have no respect for them. I think that they're a prehistoric group that is -- yeah, there's excuses.

Sure, they're terrorized, they've never known freedom, all of that. There's excuses. I understand. But I don't have to respect them because you know when you have Americans dying trying to you know institute some kind of democracy there, and twp percent of the people appreciate it, you know, it's time to -- time to wise up.

And this teaches us a big lesson, that we cannot intervene in the Muslim world ever again. What we can do is bomb the living daylights out of them, just like we did in the Balkans. Just as we did in the Balkans. Bomb the living daylights out of them. But no more ground troops, no more hearts and minds, ain't going to work.

Do you agree that Iraqis are ‘prehistoric’ and ‘primitive’?
    And even if they are is this a justification to bomb them?
    In which way ‘no respect for them’ can be connected to ‘Liberation’?
    Do you share this sadistic approach ‘no troops, just bomb living daylights out of them’?
    I’m sure you don’t think so.
    But if you don’t think so why do you support this war? Just because America is a good counterbalance to the EU?
    Scuse me but it is a bad rationalisation. Maybe to be a province of American Empire is better than to be a province of European Empire but I don’t think the difference is so huge. Don’t you think that the best solution is to be independent and fuck all empires like EU, US, UN etc?
    Yes but it's not the point that Saddam had to go, that's the REASON we were told we were going to war!!

That's NOT why our soliders gave up their lives!

It was for these WMD which do not exist! Or are hidden..;)
    I agree Luke that Saddam had to go - but if that's the case we should've been told that's why we were going to war, and a UN resolution should've been accepted before going don't you think?

What do you think would happen if Iran or North Korea invaded somewhere when all the rest of the UN had said no?
    pardon?

So if I said I prefer saddam to Bush it's OK?

I'll repeat yet again Bush over Saddam anyday!
    i have not seen one saddam supporter on this site ...or anywhere else for that.
    you realy don't get the point.
    I'd love to hear their side of the argument, NOT !
    But America dropped the A-Bomb on Japan arent they weapons of mass destruction.

These weapons are dangerous and should not be in the hands of anyone including the UK, France, Russia and the US.
    isn't it at all obvious?

Uk/USA would never use theirs, Saddam certainly would, he would definitley try to scare the world with them!
    I fear you are 60 years too late Luke.

1. The US is the only nation in the world to have used nuclear weapons. And on civilian population as well.

2. The US has caused more deaths through the use of chemical weapons than any other nation in the history of mankind. More than 1.1 million people in Vietnam alone have been killed, injured or born with hideous defects thanks to the indiscriminate use of Agent Orange by the US. And to top it all, the US government was fully aware at the time of the extreme toxicity of the agent and the likely consequences it would have on the enemies, the innocent civilians and even its own American forces.

3. The US is the most likely country to use nuclear weapons again. The deranged, lunatic, dangerous scumbag currently sitting in the White House has given his full support to the development of low yield 'battlefield nukes' (and signalled that the US would probably use such weapons once they're ready) and the next-generation of nuclear warheads. In addition he has torn up the non-proliferation treaties that had been in place for decades in order to allow him to develop his missile defence shield. As a result of this needless and pointless actions Russia and China have announced their plans to upgrade their delivery systems and even to re-start their own nuclear programmes.

So thanks to that fucking piece of shit we now have a new arms race going on.

Of all the nations that have or would like to have nuclear capability, the US should currently be the biggest concern to us all. I'd sooner trust a monkey with the nuclear briefcase than that idiot.
    Don't change the subject Luke. We were just talking about nuclear weapons and the starting topic was "Bush lied". Nice try to deflect attention... :rolleyes: