Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Speed side effect

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not a regular user of this, but my mate shared an 8th of speed or base with me (it was pale browny/yellow, sort of sticky to touch, looked like finely chopped pastry, smelt like honey or something - answers on a postcard)
Basically when on it I had a feeling like I was bloated and needed to burp or release gas, but I just couldnt. However hard I tried (to puking point in one case) I just couldnt get rid of it. Does anyone know if there are ways of preventing this side effect if/when I bother doing it again?
It happened when I'd done it before, but not as bad. This was the most I've done in one night/morning (1.5G). I wasn't drinking too much or too little water and had no fizzy drinks.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Speed side effect
    Originally posted by SandboxMagician
    smelt like honey or something - answers on a postcard)
    does not sound like speed ...did you get any kind of high off it?
    speed can smell like piss or paint ...i have never come across honey smelling gear!
  • Options
    It wasn't like exact honey. Sort of a mix of honey, glue and that bile-y smell you get off puke. He always reffered to it as base, but I don't think it was that from the descriptions I read on here.

Got the same buzz, probably stronger, than what I've ever got off the whitey/brown/grey powder. But, as I said, I've never done that much of it in the past which might account for stronger effects.
  • Options
    Originally posted by SandboxMagician
    It wasn't like exact honey. Sort of a mix of honey, glue and that bile-y smell you get off puke. He always reffered to it as base, but I don't think it was that from the descriptions I read on here.

Got the same buzz, probably stronger, than what I've ever got off the whitey/brown/grey powder. But, as I said, I've never done that much of it in the past which might account for stronger effects.
    i've never come across the wind problem ...hyperventilating yes ...
  • Options
    Its not totally surprising, in fact my mrs was taken to A&E for a problem very much like this. She had it very badly and ended up retching for about 6 hours straight. Nasty.

The problem is that the speed can quite easily produce gas, but the tension of the speed closes your throat somewhat making it harder for it to escape. As you notice that you can not release the gas and worry you tense up even more making the situation worse.

I would suggest something like windease, that might work.

My mrs was given an IV of an anti-vomiting drug and then a sedative when she went in, but thats going a bit far.
  • Options
    I used to get that all the time, apart from I actually would burp. It was actually really horrible because it just wouldnt stop, I just seemed to keep filling up with air immediately after id burped, so uncomfortable.
    if it smelt or tasted sweet, it was probably cut with glucose. Speed is generally the most vile smelling thing ever. If its gone brownly yellow, it might mean its been left in sunlight. all batches of speed are different, depending on how the manufacturer made it that time. Some batches would do the burp thing to me, others wouldnt. I was quite the connosieur at one point, noticing tiny details between batches. I did used to get some off this one bloke where the speed was always yellowy brown. It wasnt that nice actually, it always felt a bit more headmuggy than usual, but he never looked after his that well, kept it too warm, or on his windowsill/in his pocket/down his pants whatever. How the speed is kept makes a difference to its effect in my experience.
  • Options
    Was definately cut with glucose, cos he did it himself. He did 8:2 speed to glucose on a half oz.
  • Options
    I can snort very strong base easily, the burn doesnt worry me but I cant snort speed with glucose in it without it wanting to gag. Its the worst cut.