Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drugs and Dreams

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If I'd been smoking a lot of weed one day, am I more likely to dream that night? Because I never dream, but I've been dreaming a lot of the past few days, and smoking a lot of weed too.

Comments

• Options
    I found that being a full time stoner killed off any ability my brain had to make dreams. But that was a good thing at the time.
  • Options
    I don't know about you but i find i don't dream at all when i'm smoking all the time.
  • Options
    i have always hgad very vivid dreams ...drugs or not.
  • Options
    I get really vivid dreams if I've been smoking that day, especially if I go to bed still feeling really stoned. I think there's definitely a connection, well with me anyway.
  • Options
    I don't know about getting stoned but i'm quite sure pills give me nightmares. Since i started taking them about a year ago ive had nightmares constantly apart from the two times i havent had any for afew weeks, and then they go away.
    But i'm sure any mind altering drugs would have an effect on your dreams.
  • Options
    I find I dont sleep very well at all if I go to bed stonned, so if your sleeping lightly then you are more likely to dream and more importantly remember that you have been dreaming.
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    I get really vivid dreams if I've been smoking that day, especially if I go to bed still feeling really stoned. I think there's definitely a connection, well with me anyway.

see that's exactly what I get, I think.
  • Options
    I think my dreams have come back crazy this week since I haven't smoked a joint for a week today !

Pissed me off actually, I really wanted a smoke last night and couldn't get any, hahaha that hasn't happened in a LONG time !

Ah well, I'll have some sooooooooon, I'm just thinkin of the money at the moment, and how low my tolerance is dropping, day by day. lol.
  • Options
    When i was a mad pillhead i never used to dream at all, just used to have that sleep paralysis shit...scary as fuck!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Digital-Emotion
    that sleep paralysis shit...scary as fuck!
    What's that? Sorry, not too clever me :(:confused:
  • Options
    Its a condition where your mind wakes up but your body is still in the sleep phase and you can not move.

It isnt strictly a side effect of drug use but some heavy drug users do seem to get it.
  • Options
    Shit that does sound scary :shocking:
  • Options
    Bongbudda summed it up pretty good!

It used to happen not once but several times a night!

each time like a fool i`d instinctively try and break out of it and wake up so would try and move and of course i couldnt so it always made me panic and my heart used to race up like mad like it was gonna blow any second! made me lay off the drugs...... for a week or 2 :lol:
  • Options
    One of my friends at school suffered from it after a horrific drug over dose when only about 11.

He would have massive trouble sleeping at all and would just meditate most nights rather than actual sleep.