Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Old people...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
....are the biggest pain in the backside in today's modern society.

Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    I like old people. I like how they bitch about everything. I cant wait to be old, I'll have an excuse for a good moan then.
  • Options
    Ah fuck them, they'r just old.

We will all be old someday.
  • Options
    i'm staring it in the face ...i am on the threshold ...they'll have to fucking drag me screaming ...
  • Options
    Some are cute. Some are scary.

There should be a law about old people driving.
  • Options
    im shooting myself at 60 i dont want to be old
  • Options
    Originally posted by rossco
    im shooting myself at 60 i dont want to be old

No your not.
  • Options
    how'd you know?

oh well looks like im not

how bout 61 then?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    Then you'll just love this.

Jesus, they still allowed to vote?

Euthanasia centres should be set up all over the country, cunningly disguised as coffee mornings.

The only slight expense would be shortbread and nice cups of tea, or in other words, the bait.

And ze Anthrax obviously :thumb:
  • Options
    i'm gonna start carrying weapons ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i'm gonna start carrying weapons ...

Kill the OAP's
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Kill the OAP's
    no to fuclking protect myself from you lot!
  • Options
    no to fuclking protect myself from you lot!

haha.. your not old yet... my father is older than you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Some are cute. Some are scary.

There should be a law about old people driving.

:yes: Some are funny and sweet... Like this lady who comes to my pub and is always smiling, but has no teeth and her lips kinda curl in. Lmao.

Some annoy me, I couldn't work with 'em... But I like hearing their stories.
  • Options
    The only old person I liked was my grandpa. He was the most blunt person I've ever met. His wife died when my dad was in high school so he was alone for a looong time. He always told us when he was horny :yuck: He hit on me alot so I always had to cover up alot when we went over to see him :blush: We played rumie (spelling?) alot and this one time I asked him what color his eyes were because I couldn't tell and he said back "Dog shit brown" :lol: an 90 year old grandpa saying that. He told my brother alot that he would get my brother a subscription to Playboy and he would have to share to magazines with my grandpa :yuck: Other old people are really picky. When I worked as cocktail waitress, there was a restaurant/bar type thing next to us and we would talk to the waitresses there about how the elderly people were always coming back, wanting refunds. They told us that this one old couple ordered $150 worth of food, ate it all, then said they wanted a refund because it didn't taste right. So management couldnt do anything except give them a refund. the couple came back a couple days later and bought the exact same food and tried to do the same thing again but this time they said they wanted a refund because the cook forgot to put parsley on her cooked duck. :rolleyes: old people have waaaay too much time on their hands
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    The only old person I liked was my grandpa. He was the most blunt person I've ever met. His wife died when my dad was in high school so he was alone for a looong time. He always told us when he was horny :yuck: He hit on me alot so I always had to cover up alot when we went over to see him :blush:

Didnt that freak you out? :eek2:
  • Options
    Old people

Old people vary as much as young people do! There are some right old bastards and some lovely old people who would go out of their way to do anything for anyone. You get people like this of all ages and whilst generally I dislike old people, I generally dislike most people so what's the difference?! :p
  • Options
    i like old people.
  • Options
    the average age on my street is something like 85, so i'm used to it. my next door neighbour is 96, the woman over the road is 92, and the man 3 doors down is almost 96. must be something in the water.

they're lovely though. i mean, the lady next door has her moments, and used to shout at us when we were younger, but in hindsight, we totally deserved it.

it does annoy me when some old people tar all young people with the same brush though...
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    my gran is the best old person i know. she is 88 and if you tell her she is old then she will not be impressed. she goes shopping all over the centre of london on her bus pass and is more active than alot of people i know. she is so funny and i love her to bits.

however, there are some old people that i detest. but saying that there are some young people i detest just as much, if not more.
  • Options
    what gets my goat is the oldies round here in the pub are always on about the youth of today and their lack of manners (which isn't far wrong i suppose) but they then proceed to display a complete lack of manners themselves e.g shutting the doors in people's faces, barging them out of the way etc. The majority are okay it's just a minority of ignorant gits. On the whole most of them are a laugh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    it does annoy me when some old people tar all young people with the same brush though...

We do it because all you young ruffians deserve it. Kids were better behaved in my day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    We do it because all you young ruffians deserve it. Kids were better behaved in my day.
    why am i getting the impression that i'm not the oldest on here?
    i like to think of myself s the old git in the corner of the site ...with my pipe ...but bong ...i'm begining to think is incontinent and has no teeth!
  • Options
    i don't mind old people. most of the customers in the pub i work at are old so you get used to them.

i just don't like the fact that if you're waiting in a queue for the bus, no matter where you are in the queue, every single old person seems to think they have the right to get on the bus before you because they're older than you :(
  • Options
    why am i getting the impression that i'm not the oldest on here?
    i like to think of myself s the old git in the corner of the site ...with my pipe ...but bong ...i'm begining to think is incontinent and has no teeth!

You are the same age my dad would be:eek2: , i thought you were about 40 :p.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    You are the same age my dad would be:eek2: , i thought you were about 40 :p.
    i still think i'm 25 and refuse to behave any differntly.
  • Options
    i still think i'm 25 and refuse to behave any differntly.

Sure, why not :).
  • Options
    Sure, why not :).
    funny thing about growing old ...
    you watch your kids grow up ...and finaly they all leave ...but keep coming back with their problems ...then with their children. just as you think you can now do what the hell you like ...you have grandchildren to think of! i love toys are us. i get to play all over again!
  • Options
    gah, i had this old woman who literally shoved me out of the way one time when the bus came. i was sooooo annoyed!!!

you think little old ladies are sweet...but really they're secretly forming an old lady mafia, which is going to come and take out all the teenagers....one by one...
  • Options
    Didnt that freak you out? :eek2:

Of course it did. But no matter how much I covered up, he would say dirty little comments about me. I even feel weird saying this, but it's not like he tried anything on me. He was just really blunt about everything. hilarious old fart :lol:
  • Options
    i've never come into contact with a bitchy old person, only bad driver old people. otherwise they are nice... too nice really and then its ackward. i feel as though i'm missing out on a big part of life by not experiencing this old person horror.