Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Some advice please!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, this is my first visit to this forum, I'm basically wanting some advice on taking speed safely. I've only really smoke dthe odd spliff now and then but my friend has given me a small amount of base. I do want to try it but I'm worried about the dangers. So I wanna know what to avoid.

This is gonna sound dumb but does it have a use by date-i mean does it go off? I've had it over a month in a lil pendant in my room.

Alcohol-yay or nay?

How much to take in one go-as i have never tried it before.

I do know my mate had some of it on the night he gave it to me so it must be safe so thats not a worry.

I'm not tryin to get you guys to tell me not to take it or to take it, I'm not gonna get anymore as I don't want to get addicted but I do want to try it, thats all. I just wanna be safe as I guess I see dope as safe as its only inhaling but things change whensnorted/injected etc. Thats why I'm being cautious!

Anyways I'm rambling!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well the purity of speed is varies greatly, so any judgement on how much you should take is going to be difficult.

Start with a very small amount then work upwards, you can always re-dose, but you cant take it back if you've done too much. Speed over dose is scary, very scary. But its very unlikey because you probably dont even have half a gram.

Out of interest how much did you pay for what you got, that will help us judge how much you have.

What does it look/smell like?

It is quite harmful and may well burn like a bastard but with base I would think the best way to use it is snorting. This way you can take tiny amounts and judge when you have had enough. But of course speed is causic and will cause you damage to your nasal passage.

The effects from a nasal dose will be about 7-8 hours long but you might not be able to sleep for up to 12. It depends on the person, personally I have real trouble and it takes me about 12 hours to sleep for a nasal dose and 14-16 hours for an oral one.

The name says it all in terms of the effect, you will be confident, energetic, talkative, lively. The come down is the reverse of this.

As for mixing with alcohol, well some people like it, personally I dont like to have downers when I take uppers, I perfer the full on effect. Also its really not all that good on your kidneys/liver.

If you are going to drink dont take too much, your tolerance will be much higher so its sometimes easy to drink loads and get yourself into trouble.

As for using, I would advise that you crush the base to a fine powder and then snort and 'bump' this is a small line about 2 inches long. Give it 15mins and see how you feel.

Be careful, amphetamine is very addictive, its very easy to slip into using it every day, trust me I know.
    Oh, as for storage, speed will store relatively indefinately if kept in a cool and dry place.

However if it is actually 'base' as in freebase amphetamine rather than amphetamine hydrachloride (the salt) its shelf life is up for debate.

You can tell if it is 'base' if it is a grey paste which has a strong smell. A hard white lump is NOT base, its amphetamine which has been wetted down in something like acetone.
    enjoy!
    remember you won't be able to sleep so if you end up on your own in your bedroom ...i hope you have internet/games whatever to occupy your mind.
    i've just made a tune called speedjaw ...have a listen as it's influenced by amphetamine!
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/mrrollmusic.htm
    To be honest if she only has a small bit unless its shit hot base i think she would sleep on it depending on what time she takes it.

As bong said be careful it can be addictive... I said i`d neck a bit on friday night and ended up going through a quarter... was fun though :D

Best way i find to do it is swallowing it (also known as bombing) the effects last longer that way and make you feel more euphoric! you cant go wrong!
    I'm definitely the last person to give advice on it here :eek2:

You'll be okay, but I would bomb it in a rizla personally - its some foul tasting gear.

One more thing - you will end up taking it again if you do take it.

Its cheap and cheerful at first - till you end up dependant, or you nearly OD and get 'THE FEAR' (sorry, its a bit fresh in the mind, don't take it with pills!)
    Originally posted by daztorquay
    I'm definitely the last person to give advice on it here :eek2:

You'll be okay, but I would bomb it in a rizla personally - its some foul tasting gear.

One more thing - you will end up taking it again if you do take it.

Its cheap and cheerful at first - till you end up dependant, or you nearly OD and get 'THE FEAR' (sorry, its a bit fresh in the mind, don't take it with pills!)
    welcome aboard ...
    Far from everyone who uses it goes on to have a problem, my mrs has done it a couple of times and didnt really like it.

When I first took it however, well I remember thinking 'oh, so this is how I'm supposed to feel'.

Just dont have more than a couple of doses in the house at once. I fell into an addiction by having a 1/2 ounce in the house, its very easy to feel a bit tired in the morning and have a bit, then it becomes every other day then every day.
    Originally posted by bongbudda

When I first took it however, well I remember thinking 'oh, so this is how I'm supposed to feel'.

yeah i can relate to that! i ended with kilos.
    people used to go on about the comedowns so i decided i wouldn't come down ...for years.
    i would occasionaly fall into a 48hr state of unconsciousness and start all over again.
    i'm 6ft 2ins ...my wieght went down to below 9 1/2 stone ...god was i a mess.
    id bomb it. lick the sticky edge of a rizla, and fold it in half so youve got a little cup then put the speed in there, twist the end up and then swallow it with a drink. (sorry if im stating the obvious, but i didnt know how to do that at first lol) I think youre unlikely to have much, so id have the lot at once next time you go out, maybe with a mate whos doing some too. Dont drink alcohol with it though as they cancel out the effects of each other (although you still have all the dangerous bits of both). The only good time to combine the two is if you are really really pissed, speed properly sobers you up quickly.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    The only good time to combine the two is if you are really really pissed, speed properly sobers you up quickly.
    i was at home one day when a guy arrived seriously pissed. i wouldn't have let him in. but he was in.
    he was so violent and destructive!
    i explained to a freind what was about to happen ...we put the plan in action.
    i jumped him and dragged him to the floor.
    while my mate held him down ...i mainlined a large hit of billy into him ...within five mins he was an acceptable man.
    probably highly dangerous and illegal but ...it solved the problem.
    DON'T DO THIS AT HOME KIDS!
    was he already someone who hit up himself, or did you just do that to him anyway?:eek:
    Thanks for all the replies guys, the info is very useful!

Bong: - The guy let me have it for free as he has lots (naughty boy!) but he hasn't spiked it or anything as I saw him take some out of it before he gave it me. He was however "up all night" and didn't sleep. I can't smell it as I have a cold at the mo but its a very very fine white powder, theres about 1cm3. It doesn'thave any other colours or lumps either. He did tell me it was base but as I'm not that clued up on the various names, I presumed so!

Roll:-hehe thanks! I'll look at that anyway to kill time at uni!

Rainbowbrite-thanks for that I was clueless til you explained!

Ok then, I'm not gonna take it til my rent's are on hol-I've got my mates stayin one night, one who does do various speed/pills so at least I will have someone with me!

thanks again!
    was he already someone who hit up himself, or did you just do that to him anyway?:eek:
    no. he wasn't in to drugs at all ...till then.
    changed his life. for better or worse i can't say but ...he stopped being a pain in the arse for everyone else.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    no. he wasn't in to drugs at all ...till then.
    I find that really shocking. :eek:
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I find that really shocking. :eek:

Me too. :no:
    he was a big guy ...completely off his violent trolley and trashing my house in his mad rage.
    we had tried pinning him down but couldn't hold him very long. tried beating him sensless and shoving him out the door ...
    nothing worked ...the speed did though!
    unconventional ...illegal ...dangerous yes ...but you gotta do what you gotta do.
    It sounds like something you would see in a film!
    Well, the name is somewhat misleading then because base shouldnt be a white powder, that will be the finished salt of amphetamine. This is a good thing for you because it means it is very stable.

It sounds like you only have a small amount, you could well bomb it or snort. As I said snorting will allow slightly better dosing, but will do damage to your nose and will burn.
    best way for taking speed is to put it in a paracetamol capsule!! (empty the paracetamol first though!!) that way you dont end up with a mouth full of ulcers!
    Which ever way I use it I virtually always end up with nasty ulcers all along the front of my gums.
    touch wood,i aint had a ulcer in months!
    Eek I don't want anymore ulcers! I get them when I'm stressed anyway!
    Fuck it, to be honest you should just wrap it all in a rizla and neck it all and see if you like it! you cant have that much anyway judging from how you described it!

At the end of the day it aint gonna kill you and who knows you might like it that much your be after picking yourself up some more, or on the other hand you might say "that aint for me"

Point being if you spend too much time worrying about it and fussing when it comes to actually doing it you wont enjoy the experience your be selling it short.

Go with the flow! have a goodun.
    lol ta! will do!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Can I ask where you are going to take it Jowolvo, and whether you will take it with someone else who knows what you are doing around?
    Hi sorry ladyjade never saw your post. I finally tried the stuff whilst my pal nat was with me (she's tried it before) at home.

I didnt find it did anything for me-like when I first had a cigarette- I can see why people like it but its not for me-the whole not drinking alcohol with it or the effects are cancelled out-would be too much hassle for me! But at least now I have tried it and got the fuss over with!

Thanks for all of your advice guys. I'm glad this forum exists, its a big help.
    Its not strictly as though drinking cancels out the effect but you dont end up getting as much from either of them. And you end up becoming a real messy drunk, obnoxious and sometimes violent.