Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What would scare the other person most

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Let's say you're in a nightclub minding your own business when someone comes up to you and tells you something (basically causing trouble - perhap looking for a fight)

You either

a) stare at the ground and do nothing

b) stare straight at their eyes, and say nothing

c) stand up and hurl verbal abuse at them

d) roar at them like a lion (like vincent inthe Tv series Beauty and the beast if you remember it)

Basically like in this link

http://www.scifi2k.com/beast/B&TB/beauty1.jpg

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/vincent2.htm

http://ew2.lysator.liu.se/fanq/r/e/rell3/vincent.jpg

I think

in a) they'll think they have one over on you,

in b) they'll think you're weaker then them cos you're not saying anything

in c) Mouth off back at you until you're in a war of words and maybe then fist fight

but in d) quite likely pee themselves thinking you're physcho .. whilst you've just won a fight without throwing a blow??

Just interested in the phychology of it all .. what do you think ??

Comments

• Options
    id go for roar like a lion, just cos it'd be funny to see their face :lol::D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    It probably depends on how scary you look, too...

Well say in your normal face you just look like a 9 stone weakling and then you suddenly pull the lion roaring thing?

I just think people get stunned by totally unexpected reactions.

Like if they yell at you they expect you to yell back, but if you did something totally unexpected and animalistic as that they'd shit themselves .. like they say a mad man has the strength of ten.
  • Options
    you don't have pulling a steak knife out of your back pocket and stabbing them multiple times in the heart and lungs as an option :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    you don't have pulling a steak knife out of your back pocket and stabbing them multiple times in the heart and lungs as an option :(

I'm more interested in how to overpower someone's mind so it doesn't come to that.

Like they say most bullies are really weak mentally and if you stand up to them they often fold.
  • Options
    What would scare them is for them them to punch you, and you grab their arm and dislocate it, then knock them upside the head and split their eye open, before giving them a kick to the knee that would totally break their kneecap before they realise that they haven't actually hit you.

Ahhh, I love Wing Chun.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I'm more interested in how to overpower someone's mind so it doesn't come to that.

Like they say most bullies are really weak mentally and if you stand up to them they often fold.

they also fold when they are bleeding excessivly. :yes: and you can almost guarentee that this bullying situation will never happen again. Just make sure to remove all evidence of idenity of the person. No body, no murder. :D
  • Options

Nah you find most bullies have 10 of their mates with them :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    Concrete, chicken wire and a deep body of water :)

hmmm... that sounds much easier
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    If somebody did that to me I would insert my fist into their nose at a roughly vertical angle.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    If somebody did that to me I would insert my fist into their nose at a roughly vertical angle.

Did what? Who are you the guy minding his own business or the one makign the approach??
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Did what? Who are you the guy minding his own business or the one makign the approach??

If I was minding my own business and someone came up to me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    If I was minding my own business and someone came up to me.

What if the person that came up to and started mouthing off to you was a woman .. would you still punch them?
  • Options
    I'd give them a judo chop! :D
  • Options
    Some of you worry me.:crazyeyes
  • Options
    if someone wek nd pathetic that i was mad at roared at me, i would laugh and then punch them in there open roaring mouth, thus removing teeth. go for look them in the eyes, but then go find large scary friends to accompany u. this is the least painful option.