Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Killer comedown HELP

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had a killer saturday night, some base and a pill. I had totally forgotten how much I hate that mixture, but this time is the pits.

I slept okay(ish) early Sunday morning, but sunday night not a wink, not 1 minute. Its now Monday afternoon and I've spent all day waiting to arrive on this fine planet of ours with no success.

Any ideas ????

I can't get hold of any spliff til tomorrow so I'm in need of advice - do I go down the alcohol route or not?

I cannot face anymore orange juice and I'm entering the panic attack room right now!

Help..........pls.........:eek2:

Comments

• Options
    I would advise against the boose option, it will in the longer term make you feel worse.

If you can face it then I would get some over the counter sleeping tablets and try and get some kip.

It will get easier over time.

Dont try and force orange juice down you, its actually pretty much an urban myth, it has little effect. The vitamin C will help flush out the amphetamine quicker but its far from a cure all.
  • Options
    You will be fine, just relax, I know thats hard at the moment, try taking a warm bath preferably with some lavender or some such.

Watch old crappy funny videos, if you can have a little to eat, that normally helps.
  • Options
    Guess I could watch the football - bound to put me to sleep!

Just shows you how strange life is - I've had more than this many a time in my younger (idiotic) days, guess I was too bushed out to remember how to get over the comedown.

Suppose I did overdo the base stuff a bit though but I have had Ket that wasn't this bad.

Not to worry, just gotta GRIN and bear it then, cheers for the advice.

Must admit I passed the hospital this morning though and jesus was I tempted to call in and beg for a bucket of downers!
  • Options
    Ketamine doesnt really produce a comedown though, or at least shouldnt.

You may feel a bit rough afterwards but it doesnt really have much effect on the dopamine or seratonin receptors.

If you can, go out and sit under a tree or something, nature is very calming, I know that sounds very hippy, but its true.
  • Options
    Welcome to thesite by the way, it would be good to get another contributor in the Drugs section.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Hello there, sorry to hear you are having such a bad comedown, but there isn't much more I can add that Bongbudda hasn't already said.

However, I too would advise against putting any more toxins in to your body, as it will just prolong the comedown and ultimately make you feel worse. Eat well and try to relax - take a bath as mentioned, or go somewhere quiet, and remember that any mild anxiety you have can probably be dealt with by focusing on it and breathing slowly. Your body must be worn out, so if you can relax, your instinct to sleep should take over.

TheSite has a page on coping with comedows as well. If you do find yourself getting really panicked, you could try calling Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90, or Lifeline on 0161 392054, or even No Panic, the helpline is 0808 808 0545 and is open 10am-10pm. Take care and I hope you get some rest.
  • Options
    Well I'm getting there! Still feel a bit off on one now and then but I took some of your advice and had a wander down the beach before watching the football.

Feeling well tired now so fingers crossed I'll wake up human.

Gotta say this is my first blast of paranoia on gear since a bad acid trip that took a few days to shake off, you kinda forget what they are like, guess you could say they are character building / and what a character I must have been since Sat night :crazyeyes

Cheers all / excellent board
  • Options
    I quite like the occasional burst of The Fear, it gets the body going, exercises the adrenaline gland, makes you feel alive. Maybe thats just me being wierd though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Maybe thats just me being wierd though.

:yes:
  • Options
    Oi you! I wont take any of that kind of guff.

I'm a fully rounded individual I'll have you know, a multipule felon perhaps but certainly not dangerous.
  • Options
    Well, you said it, all I did was agree with you. I don't like the sound of The Fear :nervous:
  • Options
    Well thats me back to some kind of normality, thank ****!

Bong has a point about 'the fear', it does get you going one hell of a lot, you tend to re-evaluate your life big time and boy do you have some energy - i was due a work out though. Looking back it was at times funny, try sitting on a bus doing breathing excercises, wondering whether you will ever remember how to breathe properly again, which in turn puts you in a panic, screwing up your breathing excercises, then you get a massive rush so you have to stand up and you end up getting off and walking. Or being inside a department store then just HAVING to get out NOW, try doing that without a posse of store detectives following you!

Its a pretty good wake up call though and maybe you can dismiss the power of substances over time so it kinda gives you back the respect you lose for them.

I reckon I'm gonna have a month off and avoid speed for life, it really is a dirty drug, well at least in the amount I necked. No wonder its so cheap, they should pay you.

What we need is a drug with the power and purity of late 80's E's, the comedown(?) of coke and the price of a trip (with maybe a little trip built in that you could turn off if it was a killer), am i asking too much?!?!?
  • Options
    The comedown of coke?! Thats much worse than anything else.
  • Options
    Maybe there is a research chemical like that somewhere daztorquay.
  • Options
    FLEA is about the only close ish to MDMA, but then its supposed not to have the same energy to it.
  • Options
    Maybe its just me but I don't even notice a comedown on coke, or should I say the day after I don't feel as though I've even been on gear, there is nothing worse than running out of coke when you are still up for it though - that is depressing.
  • Options
    I can't handle my comedowns at all anymore, I stopped smoking weed now too haha.. well I smoked half a J last wednesday and a spliff on sunday which made me feel like shit Monday morning.. !

I'm having one of those phases ya know.. plus my life has been turned upside, BUT I won't hi-jack yet another thread! he he.
  • Options
    Different people react in different ways.

The worst come downs I've had were off coke, but then having said that its been when I've done coke after a night out on speed and pills. Which of course really isnt all that wise.

The biggest problem I find with speed is just the length of the comedown, it lasting 12 hours or so sometimes with me.