Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Watching Sport on TV

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anyone find viewing certain sports on TV is more satisfying then seeing it live?

I went to Le Mans last week and to be honest seeing a car whizz pass you at 150 mph is pretty boring after a while.

I think sports like tenis, etc are fine to view live but I think TV is a great medium for motor sports where the eye can't follow the action the way a whole host of cameras can.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Had an A level exam question on this! And yea, i agree, some sports are better watched live, eg. football, rugby where you can watch the whole thing in one area. But other stuff, like athletics and motor racing would be more exciting on TV.
  • Options
    At the end of the day, the best thing about seeing something live is the atmosphere.