Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO bong and anybody else that might be able to help..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok...

well my mate broke up with his girlfriends a while ago- 2-3 weeks, and all he does now is smoke hash.....maybe 5-10-15 joints a day...thats all he does.....and i'm getting worried because i asked him if he would stop for a week or so and he said no, because smoking- to him, is his life.

now i've tryed helping him but i don't know what to do other than just give words of incouragement, because he's not in school, he has no job, his homelife is a mess, and he's stuck in a state of self pitty.

can anyone sugest any thing? because he's seriously sarting to worry me....and smoking that much per day, every day can't be good.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Of course, it doesnt really matter what drug it is, if its your life then there is a problem.

But as with any addict there really isnt much you can do unless they want to change.

So, words of encoragement, trying to be there for them, and trying not to just nag him are really all you can do.

I'm sorry I cant really offer anything else.
  • Options
    What age is your friend luby?

He's only smoking hash but if it is taking over all aspects of his life then it will start to become a real problem, it seems to me he's just a stoner.

No one can make him stop, only himself.

The best way to quit drugs is to find something else to do with your time, keep yourself busy.
  • Options
    Smoking all day every day really isnt very good for your physical or mental health.

That and people who are stoned all the time are just so bloody boring.
  • Options
    Maybe so, but when you were younger bong i bet you smoked all day every day.
  • Options
    I did indeed and I was a boring fuck.

I smoked leaf with a bong at every possible chance which was quite often because both my parents worked.

My memory was shit, my emotions were all over the place, I couldnt string a converstation together....though maybe that was just being a teenager not the puff.
  • Options
    He'll get bored of it. Let him get it out of his system, he'll soon realise that theres more to life than getting stoned.
  • Options
    theres no point in forcing the issue, if anything that will make him smoke more, just let him realize himself that he's doing too much and if he doesn't well thats his fault then
  • Options
    i've done the 24hr eight days a week stuff ...nice warm cosy place at the time.
    in the long run it shouldn't realy do him any harm but in the short term he's wasting his moments away in dreamland. warm and cosy.
    he's probably hurting. using recreational drugs to ease the hurting does work very well ...but only for a very limited time.
    see if you can get him out for a long walk ...a picnic ...a pub session. a weekend camping ...of course he'll still be using his crutch but if you can just hobble along with him a while ...reality is a great healer. even if your stoned. the more situations and places you can put him in i will gaurantee ...will lessen his consumption ...just a tad maYBE BUT IT WILL LESSEN It oops caps.
    he needs some laughter ...some challenges ...some enjoyment.
    he needs a freind like you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    What age is your friend luby?

He's only smoking hash but if it is taking over all aspects of his life then it will start to become a real problem, it seems to me he's just a stoner.

No one can make him stop, only himself.

The best way to quit drugs is to find something else to do with your time, keep yourself busy.

he's 16 and has been looking for a job since march...

i'm really worried cos it's taking over his life...
  • Options
    Wheres he getting his money from? If its from a bank account or something like that then he'll have to stop when he runs out of money anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    Wheres he getting his money from? If its from a bank account or something like that then he'll have to stop when he runs out of money anyway.

he's been given loads of to sell...and he is selling it...but i'm jsut getting more and more worried
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

he needs a freind like you.

rolly....you have made me cry....:crying:
  • Options
    Originally posted by luby
    he's been given loads of to sell...and he is selling it...but i'm jsut getting more and more worried

well if he's got loads of it for and getting free smoke then no wonder he's smoking so much, i would love that.

The only time when he'll stop smoking is when he realises its time to stop, for a while anyway.
  • Options
    Constantly nagging at him is liable to just make him want to smoke more as others have said etc.

I could suggest taking him for a bike ride or something, making sure he leaves his weed at home and just go out for half a day or something. Make it a really nice day for him etc and see if he appreciates the different way you treat him when he's not stoned etc. If it doesn't work, then fair enough but he can't say you didn't try...
  • Options
    If he's getting involved in the market on the supply side then its different, the whole thing has a harder feel to it.

Dealing at 16 is not a good idea, shit dealing puff at any age is a bit of a waste of time if you ask me.

A supply charge could fuck up his life royaly.

I agree with the others, get him out and about somewhere, go to the beach, or well anywhere really.