Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

why can't people be mean anymore :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
so i have this thing of watching the last episodes of those fake reality tv shows. like what sparked this thought in my brain was the other night i was watching this show where it was a spoof off of american idol or something. but instead of having the best singer they faked the worst singer into believing that they were good and had them go all the way to the finals and stuff. and in the last episode they were supposed to tell them that it was all a big joke and they sucked and everybody could laugh in their face. serve them right for trying to do something as stupid as be on reality tv anyways. but instead they give the person 100k and singing lessons or whatever and give it to her in the gentlest possible way that it was a joke. wheres the meanness? wheres the fun for the viewers? and then on another one when the time came to tell the guy everything was fake except for him, everybody got all sappy and, ohhh it was fake but we grew to like you kinda bullshit. such dissapoitnments.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    If you like meaness, then you should be watching this years UK Big Brother! It all kicked off last night. Pushing, shoving, shouting, yelling, screaming, anger, rage, tears, etc. And it isn't even three weeks in yet! :lol::D
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Yeah, it's mental... conflict left right and center! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    If you like meaness, then you should be watching this years UK Big Brother! It all kicked off last night. Pushing, shoving, shouting, yelling, screaming, anger, rage, tears, etc. And it isn't even three weeks in yet! :lol::D

that sounds no more interesting than say the real world. dull :(
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    I secretly :o wished that someone would bomb the bedsit the minute those stupid cunts started screaming...
    now that would have made good tv ;):D
  • Options
    Re: why can't people be mean anymore :(
    Originally posted by my_name
    so i have this thing of watching the last episodes of those fake reality tv shows. like what sparked this thought in my brain was the other night i was watching this show where it was a spoof off of american idol or something. but instead of having the best singer they faked the worst singer into believing that they were good and had them go all the way to the finals and stuff. and in the last episode they were supposed to tell them that it was all a big joke and they sucked and everybody could laugh in their face...

Yeah, live humiliation, that's what's best for TV :rolleyes:

Tell me, do you pull wings off flies too?
  • Options
    its what they advertised. they did not advertise sappy 'oh we were going to humilate you because we dragged you along and lied to you for months but now we feel bad and can't do it' there are lots more people out there that find public humilation entertaining than you think. why do you think people watch that big brother, real world shit? because they think watching people is entertaining? no, because they want to see a fight or something that would later embaress the person doing it. actually i would find thta people like watching others every move far more frightening than somebody wanting to watch somebody make a fool of themselves.

and yes, i rip off flies wings, torture small animals and wet the bed. i'm a perfect example of a seriel killer waiting to happen.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble

that was so funny!!! :lol: