Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

no fucking way

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i just got a text from something called monstermob, which i have never signed up to, and when i got it, it took £5 of my credit!
wats the fucking point?!

Comments

• Options
    :mad: ive had load to texts off them too, but im on contract so i wont know if ive been charged till the end of the month!
  • Options
    they just sent me another 2 and have now taken £8 of my credit
  • Options
    bloody hell! i bet ive been charged to. Is there a number you can ring or anything? that'll probs cost a fortune to! maybe a email?:mad:
  • Options
    Phone your network try and see if you can bar their number or something :(
  • Options
    Re: no fucking way
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i just got a text from something called monstermob, which i have never signed up to, and when i got it, it took £5 of my credit!
    wats the fucking point?!

Which network and plan are you on?

What does the text say?

This is known as reverse Billing and your network is getting about 50% of that £5
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    Probaly the best place to start is your network provider, or MonsterMob themselves, their website is http://www.monstermob.com, they have a customer care email address customercare@monstermob.com and they have a customer care phoneline, you can find out about it here.

If none of that helps there is an organisation who can help with this sort of thing, they go by the snappy title of Independent Committee for the Supervision of Standards of Telephone Information Services and you can find them here and there's also Trading Standards, their website is here.

Hope that helps,
    CB
  • Options
    i went on their website and text the cancel message and they text back saying it wasnt recognised :mad:

im on genie (o2)

there is a number on the site to ring, so i think i might have to do that, or get my mum to...she's much scarier than me on the phone!
  • Options
    email to them:

'Today I received a service message from you informing me I had a free wallpaper to collect, I have not signed up for anything from you but you continued to send me text messages telling me to go and claim my wallpaper. Each of these messages has cost me and you have now taken over £8 of my credit.
    When I tried to text back the code which your website informed me would cancel these text messages all I got in return was another message telling me the cancellation message I had sent wasn’t understood. I did not send the wrong message; I simply sent what the text informed me to say to the number quoted.
    This is highly unacceptable as I did not sign up to anything with you and do not appreciate my credit being taken without my say so.
    Please remove me from you messaging list.'

hows that sound?
  • Options
    Sounds good, did you ask for your money back (The £8)

IF that don't work, also ask for the address of their legal department.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Sounds good, did you ask for your money back (The £8)

IF that don't work, also ask for the address of their legal department.

my mum just rang them and told them to give me my money back. they are sending me a check
  • Options
    my mum just rang them and told them to give me my money back. they are sending me a check

That's good, imagine if you'd had an emergency and had no credit on your phon cos of their text messages taking money off your account.

Guess parents are good for stuff :D
  • Options

Good, hehe...like the way she 'told' them. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    Good, hehe...like the way she 'told' them. :p

lol she did tell them! she said 'she hasnt subscribed and i want you to give her money back and i want it done now!'
  • Options
    lol she did tell them! she said 'she hasnt subscribed and i want you to give her money back and i want it done now!'

my mum's good at things like that too. though i'm generally quite good at it too. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    my mum's good at things like that too. though i'm generally quite good at it too. :D

im not :( i back down to easily
  • Options
    im not :( i back down to easily

i'd like to think i'd be good at defending myself, i'm quite grr about certain things. like once i was proud of myself 'cause i was shopping in london and i was waiting in a queue and this lady behind me said "can i push in please, i'm going to be late for my train" so i said "no, sorry...i'm in a hurry too". when i was a bit younger i'd of been like "sure, go ahead" but now i think why should she push in..i've been queueing for 10 minutes and she knew she had her train to catch, so why bother queueing! Grr. i think it might be different on the phone, 'cause i'm normally quite polite.
  • Options
    I don't understand how you can lose credit off your mobile from a text you've received. I'm sure that's never happened to me. I'm on t-mobile pay as you go.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    I don't understand how you can lose credit off your mobile from a text you've received. I'm sure that's never happened to me. I'm on t-mobile pay as you go.

They're like service operator messages or something like that. Opening them means you connect to something that charges you.
  • Options
    I was receiving Stringfellow's wallpapers (of all things!) which I wasn't ordering, every week, £3 each. I eventually used my initiative, e-mailed Stringfellow's (he has a sister called Karen don't you know) and she forwarded my details to the people who sent to wallpapers and I am awaiting my check in the post. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    I was receiving Stringfellow's wallpapers (of all things!) which I wasn't ordering, every week, £3 each. I eventually used my initiative, e-mailed Stringfellow's (he has a sister called Karen don't you know) and she forwarded my details to the people who sent to wallpapers and I am awaiting my check in the post. :)

Pete Stringfellow was on TV this morning, you could have rung into the show ... LOL
  • Options
    don't hold your breath bb.
    the guys that set these things up are the same people who would have been robbing banks in the seventies. crooks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    don't hold your breath bb.
    the guys that set these things up are the same people who would have been robbing banks in the seventies. crooks.

Orange owe me a few refunds, seen sod all so far from them will see what my next bill says
  • Options
    This happened to my mate, she's just bought a new sim card cuz of it.