Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

drug recipes?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was recently looking into recipes for making hallucinogenics from herbs and plants. Surprisingly, there's tons of stuff out there...even the morning glory growing in my backyard is hallucinogenic. Apparently South American Native tribes used it for ceremonies way back when.

Anywho, I found some interesting stuff at www.vibratingsky.com/main.htm but I was wondering if anyone knows any other drug recipes that could be made from common plants. Only real stuff though...not smoking peanut shells, etc.

Comments

• Options
    the reason these things are not very popular and never have been or will be is that they are not for getting you high. a near religous experience maybe ...but where and who is your shamen guide for such journeys?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    As a mod I should also point out that just because they are herbal, natural and legal doesn't mean they are safe, many of these substances are poisonous to the body and can make you really ill, as well as you not having any idea how strong a dose you are taking.
  • Options
    The herbs themselves may well be legal, but if you are making things from them you could be wandering into very dodgy legal ground.

As for plants and herbs which are hallucigenic;

Salvia - The leaves of this relative of the 'sage' plant are smoked and held in the lungs for as long as possible. In low doses it produces visuals and a 'rush' of sorts. At high doses it can cause out of body experiences and the hearing of voices.

I very much disliked this drug, it gave me The Fear.

There are 100's of plants which contain DMT, 5-meo-dmt and N,N-DMT, of course this are not orally active unless taken with an MOAI. And in the main they do not contain enough acitve ingredient to actually consume raw.

Mushrooms of course.

LSA - this is found in a few different seeds, although a chemical cousin of LSD it is seen as a poor version with far more side effects.

Cacti containing mescaline.

Then theres the ones best avoided, Datrua and Ibogaine.